New OC Hired Kenny Dillingham

auburnphan

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve literally never heard of this guy until right now. Of course, not like I’m up to date on all the OC’s everyone has outside the big boys. Sure wouldn’t know or care who Memphis has. Maybe it’ll work out. 

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Are you surprised? Really..

No. All you can do is laugh really. Gus thinks the problem was that he was not calling plays full time. LMAO. He really just does not get it.

Sweet, new OC doesn't get to pick his staff, practice how he wants or even use his offense.   So how exactly did we hire an OC?  A puppet position  once again

Read the article Posted in this thread. What Kenny will be asked to do for AU is the exact same thing that he does with Norvel at Memphis. Norvel still calls plays and it’s Norvels offense.

Just now, au_bsci_04 said:

Read the article Posted in this thread. What Kenny will be asked to do for AU is the exact same thing that he does with Norvel at Memphis. Norvel still calls plays and it’s Norvels offense.

So basically he’s our QB coach with an added OC title?

2 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

If Gus is going to call the plays, why do we need an OC?

I've heard the comparison given over and over these past two weeks, but coaches like Jimbo Fisher have OC's even though they call the plays. Either way, we at least have a solid QB if nothing else.

1 minute ago, RunInRed said:

Dude looked like he’s 16 ...

D06F3C64-F5C1-4E13-8772-F1D7E6819243.jpeg

Then again, talk about out kicking your coverage ...

F0C4585C-4EAA-4DD6-A25D-B8155A6B8F6A.jpeg

RESPECT!!! At least we know he will be a good recruiter! lol. 

This is kind of what most expected after Freeze and Bentley turned it down.  Gus would call plays and we'd bring in a good QB guy.  To me, that's exactly what this is.  From what I remember about Memphis, they have had very good QB play the last few years.

Memphis bio

TIGERS MIC'D UP - COACH DILLINGHAM

Really good article from when Miami was chasing him

From the last article, "The Norvell system of play calling is that Norvell makes a decision between two or three plays suggested by his offensive coordinator."

This would work out beautifully if Gus would do the same thing.

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Smh I feel bad for this guy already. His career will be stunted at least one year. Is adding OC to his title supposed to just make him feel better?

2 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Dude looked like he’s 16 ...

D06F3C64-F5C1-4E13-8772-F1D7E6819243.jpeg

Then again, talk about out kicking your coverage ...

F0C4585C-4EAA-4DD6-A25D-B8155A6B8F6A.jpeg

I'm not ready to be older than the coaches on the football staff! 😭 

In any HC job Gus has ever or will ever have, he will be the defacto OC, period. He thought so much of his tweaked Delaware Wing-T offense that he wrote a book on it. His coaching identity is inextricably linked with his offensive scheme. For any of us to ever think for a second that he was ever going to be able to "retire his clipboard" was ludicrous. He is looked at as a DMW in the coaching ranks, so why not hire a young guy who can rebound quickly from a bombed year with a lame-duck coach? I hope he brings good energy and does whatever(?) it is he's supposed to do on the staff. I hope Auburn wins every game convincingly next year. I don't expect it, but I hope it. I lost trust in Gus to hold players and coaches accountable a couple years back, so there's no reason to think bringing in this 28 yr old Kramerica intern will make things any different. But I hope we win every game convincingly next, and every, year. Hope.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

I think we have a better chance of golf quitting on PBR than Gus doing the same thing, sadly.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This is kind of what most expected after Freeze and Bentley turned it down.  Gus would call plays and we'd bring in a good QB guy.  To me, that's exactly what this is.  From what I remember about Memphis, they have had very good QB play the last few years.

Memphis bio

TIGERS MIC'D UP - COACH DILLINGHAM

Really good article from when Miami was chasing him

From the last article, "The Norvell system of play calling is that Norvell makes a decision between two or three plays suggested by his offensive coordinator."

As long as Gus can miraculously find his flow back, this is a very efficient system. We just have to pray that there's some lost flow he's regained with his back to the wall 

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

I think we have a better chance of golf quitting on PBR than Gus doing the same thing, sadly.

Well I'm certainly not gonna hold my breath.

Archived