New OC Hired Kenny Dillingham

auburnphan

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

As long as Gus can miraculously find his flow back, this is a very efficient system. We just have to pray that there's some lost flow he's regained with his back to the wall 

That's the only thing we can hope for...Everything since has been a flop

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This is kind of what most expected after Freeze and Bentley turned it down.  Gus would call plays and we'd bring in a good QB guy.  To me, that's exactly what this is.  From what I remember about Memphis, they have had very good QB play the last few years.

Memphis bio

TIGERS MIC'D UP - COACH DILLINGDILLINGHAM

Really good article from when Miami was chasing him

From the last article, "The Norvell system of play calling is that Norvell makes a decision between two or three plays suggested by his offensive coordinator."

This would work out beautifully if Gus would do the same thing.

I agree. This is kind of what I hoped would happen. Hire a QB coach and let Gus call his own plays. It's on him to succeed. 

Not a bad hire.  It could have been much worse.  Hopefully, he can convince Gus and Kodi that the pass routes and passing game needs to be totally revamped. 

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

It always makes you wonder when they release the hiring of an OC at 10 o'clock on a Sunday night?

It's not Kodi...be happy.

I’d never heard of that guy before tonight but everything I just read sounds great.  I’m fine with Gus calling plays.  As long as Gus is the coach this is going to be his offense.  No reason to muddy the waters. He brought in a guy to work with his QBs and recruit. Live by the sword, Die by the sword etc.

Lets go Fast again!

30 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This is kind of what most expected after Freeze and Bentley turned it down.  Gus would call plays and we'd bring in a good QB guy.  To me, that's exactly what this is.  From what I remember about Memphis, they have had very good QB play the last few years.

Memphis bio

TIGERS MIC'D UP - COACH DILLINGHAM

Really good article from when Miami was chasing him

From the last article, "The Norvell system of play calling is that Norvell makes a decision between two or three plays suggested by his offensive coordinator."

This would work out beautifully if Gus would do the same thing.

I like that system. OC can make sure we're in 1 of 3 plays that fits what we are trying to do, but Gus gets the satisfaction it is his decision. 

LiveUnrulyCoyote-small.gif

I'm trying to understand....why are some so happy that Gus will be calling the plays? I mean he has been calling the plays most of his tenure at Auburn. He had to publicly announce he was relinquishing those duties to Rhett. When he was calling the plays our offense looked like crap so why the excitement of him calling plays again? Honestly trying to understand the excitement.....

2 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I'm trying to understand....why are some so happy that Gus will be calling the plays? I mean he has been calling the plays most of his tenure at Auburn. He had to publicly announce he was relinquishing those duties to Rhett. When he was calling the plays our offense looked like crap so why the excitement of him calling plays again? Honestly trying to understand the excitement.....

I think it’s more everyone feels relief that he is openly admitting to playcalling now and that will leave no doubt if we crash and burn. 

Just now, tbone1430 said:

I think it’s more everyone feels relief that he is openly admitting to playcalling now and that will leave no doubt if we crash and burn. 

I was going to type different words, but THIS.

Archived