New OC Hired Kenny Dillingham

auburnphan

6 hours ago, keesler said:

THANK YOU!  :bow:

This notion that Nick Saban tanked the HUNH/fast-pace offense with a rule change is ludicrous.  There was a time when Gus ran an offense that didn't freaking sub, didn't huddle, and ran at break-neck speed catching the defense out of position and winded.  HE has deviated from that offense, and HE now subs regularly which allows the defense to do the same.

Hell, there are many teams that run variations of Gus' old offense, mixed with new concepts and even throws in some pro-style schemes all in one game.  It's creative, it evolves as the personnel changes and even if our hard headed HC refuses to do it.......some coaches tailor their scheme to the personnel they've worked so damn hard to recruit.

Heck even Saben runs the HUNH better now than Gus does.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/12/2018 at 7:14 PM, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Heck even Saben runs the HUNH better now than Gus does.

That's because the greatest coach in CFB history knows you must adapt and change with the times.  Not sit there with a thumb up your butt refusing to accept you've been passed over. 

"Dillingham will be paid $500,000 as part of a two-year deal set to expire January 31, 2021, according to a memorandum of understanding obtained Monday by Auburn Undercover through an open records request."

The reports that Gus could not give his assitants multi-year contracts was also bull****.

13 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

"Dillingham will be paid $500,000 as part of a two-year deal set to expire January 31, 2021, according to a memorandum of understanding obtained Monday by Auburn Undercover through an open records request."

The reports that Gus could not give his assitants multi-year contracts was also bull****.

Well, yeah,  The whole story was bs.

What's Dillingham's buyout if Gus craters next season and gets the sack?

20 hours ago, AURealist said:

Well, yeah,  The whole story was bs.

What's Dillingham's buyout if Gus craters next season and gets the sack?

500,000 . If you don’t think it was a one year deal, look at the part he has no buyout and can leave after last regular game unless we make the SECCG. And yes it was less money than Chip and no long term or high buy out just like the story said . You clowns really should take off your O$B glasses. You embarrass the University.

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

500,000 . If you don’t think it was a one year deal, look at the part he has no buyout and can leave after last regular game unless we make the SECCG. And yes it was less money than Chip and no long term or high buy out just like the story said . You clowns really should take off your O$B glasses. You embarrass the University.

Hmmm...  That only proves Dillingham was willing to check out Auburn for two years at whatever terms were negotiated.  It may mean that the money folks have every intention of firing Gus after 2019 and didn't want any ugly loose ends.  That doesn't mean it was ever written or discussed with Gus, it means only they have a plan to not throw away more money. 

Not sure where O money B glasses enter into anything.  Or anything clownish.  

14 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Hey, you're 28 yrs old pulling half a million a year with an OC title at an SEC school and you don’t catch any heat because your ass isn’t calling the plays .....  sound like a damn good gig to me.

44 minutes ago, keesler said:

Hey, your 28 yrs old pulling half a million a year with an OC title at an SEC school and you don’t catch any heat because your ass isn’t calling the plays .....  sound like a damn good gig to me.

2nd best gig in football.

The best is pulling in 6 figures or so to be Tom Brady's back-up.

It's like stealing...

On 12/18/2018 at 8:15 PM, keesler said:

Hey, you're 28 yrs old pulling half a million a year with an OC title at an SEC school and you don’t catch any heat because your ass isn’t calling the plays .....  sound like a damn good gig to me.

I agree with you. I was replying where someone was suggesting he was a long time hire in contrast to the reports that no long time deal was being allowed on Gus’s hire. That wasn’t the case . AU came out about even money. Released Chip from a million contract gave the new guy a million for a two year deal. Won’t be a bump in the road to fire him along with Gus next year.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:00 PM, AUsince72 said:

2nd best gig in football.

The best is pulling in 6 figures or so to be Tom Brady's back-up.

It's like stealing...

Hey....is Charlie Weiss still drawing his buyout money from ND, Kansas and Florida?  best deals of all time.

As for Dillingham...he has about the same job as Garner....has an impressive title but basically coaches a position and helps plan the offense along with half a dozen other people.  And on defense,  when a QB from MSU shreds his DL...nobody wants Garner the DL and Assistant HC fired.  

Dilly makes serious money by real world standards but at AU,  and for big time college football in general,  he's just another working stiff making just over minimum wage to work about 60 hours a week without OT premium.....and very little job security. :)

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Hey....is Charlie Weiss still drawing his buyout money from ND, Kansas and Florida?  best deals of all time.

As for Dillingham...he has about the same job as Garner....has an impressive title but basically coaches a position and helps plan the offense along with half a dozen other people.  And on defense,  when a QB from MSU shreds his DL...nobody wants Garner the DL and Assistant HC fired.  

Dilly makes serious money by real world standards but at AU,  and for big time college football in general,  he's just another working stiff making just over minimum wage to work about 60 hours a week without OT premium.....and very little job security. :)

60 hours?  In about 3 days during the season.

Dilly will be nothing but an experiment with Gustav. He won't be allowed to make much of a contribution. IMO. I think he is the only one who would take the job. At least he won't be a scapegoat, like the last two OCs.

1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

Dilly will be nothing but an experiment with Gustav. He won't be allowed to make much of a contribution. IMO. I think he is the only one who would take the job. At least he won't be a scapegoat, like the last two OCs.

I think he is exactly what Gus needs since he took over play calling. Let's hope they create a high level of mutualism

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think he is exactly what Gus needs since he took over play calling. Let's hope they create a high level of mutualism

Sounds dirty.....you should be ashamed of yourself

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

I was trying to be uncontroversial...👍  some folks seem to think they work 40 hour weeks.

44 minutes ago, AU64 said:
8 hours ago, bigbird said:

I was trying to be uncontroversial...👍  some folks seem to think they work 40 hour weeks.

Oh, I'm not naive enough to think they don't work 80+ per week.

But in Auburn's OC's case 50+ hrs of that is playing Madden & NCAA Football on PlayStation and making notes to give to Gus.

Dilly can just delegate that to GA's and take a nap if he's not into video games.  But face it, at his age he can probably out-play the players in PS & X-Box.....

Either way, Gus gets the credit....or the blame, while he gets a nice paycheck (probably roughly what I make in 10 years) and as all the experts say "nobody would blame him, they understand working for Gus".

NOTE: For those who take things overly seriously, this post is meant as humorous satire only.  Gus was NOT harmed in making of this post.

Since Gus has said he'll be the REAL OC and calling the plays, Kenny's only job will be to coach the QB's. BTW, since Gus will call the plays, I wonder who Gus will blame when things start to tank again next year. I'm sure he'll find someone on the staff to blame.

5 hours ago, Eagleclaw said:

If this guy has performed successfully as an OC, setting records and developing players; then why is Malzahn going to call the plays?

Check his bio...he was not the play caller ...basically QB coach +.....in the right place at AU.

A couple days ago I was listening to Cole Cubelic interview Greg McElroy on the radio and Mcleroy said that everyone he has talked doesn’t know anything about Dilly.

I was like well okay then. 

I think that Dilly is the real deal imho and will develop our QBs so that they can be successful in the SEC.  I hope that Gus can succeed as OC and know that whatever happens will determine Gus' fate at the end of the 2019 season. Another bad season should not and hopefully will not see Gus as the HC for 2020.  I hope he can get Gatewood playing at a level where he will challenge for the starting QB job.

Who knows what will happen folks. I hope we can have at least a 9-3 season and anything beyond this will be most welcomed no doubt. I have no idea of what to honestly expect for 2019 and know that Gus' fate is in his own hands.

Archived