Coach Dillingham Recruiting Impact

abw0004

With our new offensive coordinator, how does this play into our recruiting?  Does this open the door for any new recruits for us?  Does this help solidify current recruits?  Does anyone know Kenny's history of pulling in talent?  Thank you in advance!

• ellitor changed the title to Coach Dillingham Recruiting Impact

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

how does this play into our recruiting?

For this class It doesn't. Other than getting 2 RBs which are being handled by Porter & Horton we are done recruiting offensive skill players as of now.

Does this open the door for any new recruits for us?

Nope. Gus makes all the decisions on offense on who we offer & go after.

Does anyone know Kenny's history of pulling in talent?

He's supposedly a good recruiter but most of us aren't going to recognize the recruits he's had with Memphis because they don't get to select from the same talent pool as an Auburn. His time at Memphis is his only time being a full time recruiter.

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Memphis was a top 10 offense last year. So if anything that helps. Maybe? Who knows

May help hold off LSU for Pickens but :dunno:

Hopefully he can help bring some Oline talent.  One thing I give Chizik credit for is bringing in an embarrassment of riches on the offensive line during his time.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Don't get your hopes up too high with this new "OC".

I will take the bait: why?   

Are you saying the man can't recruit?

He won't be around long enough to find out. Gus needed to hire an QB coach so he can get through the 2019 season. Odds of Gus staying next year? I wouldn't bet the farm on it. That's just my opinion.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:49 PM, auburn4ever said:

Don't get your hopes up too high with this new "OC".

I don't even have my hopes up about your next post.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess - guess, mind you - that between pulling wings off flies and clubbing baby seals, Gus Malzahn considers input from his assistants in recruiting direction and decisions - especially coordinators. The young/energetic/promising type like Dill is an interesting O staff recruiting foil to the gruff but loveable/respected but stodgy Grimes. Could be just the energy boost needed going forward...

8 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess - guess, mind you - that between pulling wings off flies and clubbing baby seals, Gus Malzahn considers input from his assistants in recruiting direction and decisions - especially coordinators.

Nope. The time not spent in said activities is spent stealing candy from children and doing “ring and run” at the houses of elderly people that ambulate with walkers. Freaking Gus.....

17 minutes ago, fredst said:
9 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess - guess, mind you - that between pulling wings off flies and clubbing baby seals, Gus Malzahn considers input from his assistants in recruiting direction and decisions - especially coordinators.

Nope. The time not spent in said activities is spent stealing candy from children and doing “ring and run” at the houses of elderly people that ambulate with walkers. Freaking Gus.....

I've heard that when Gus catches wind that a target may go elsewhere, he posts disparaging remarks about them on message boards and fires bottle rockets into their garages.

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:35 PM, AUsince72 said:

I've heard that when Gus catches wind that a target may go elsewhere, he posts disparaging remarks about them on message boards and fires bottle rockets into their garages.

I heard Gus was the second gunman on the grassy knoll (even though he hadn't been born yet).

30 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

I heard Gus was the second gunman on the grassy knoll (even though he hadn't been born yet).

I KNEW IT!!!  Send this info to Alex Jones, STAT!!!

14 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I KNEW IT!!!  Send this info to Alex Jones, STAT!!!

I heard Gus is The Time-Traveler...

Archived