Open Letter From AD Greene To The AU Fans

AidiAU

Allen Greene sent an email out today. It discusses AU athletics in general and briefly touched on the football program. I don’t know who receives it or how to link it from my cell, but here are the screen shots. 

81F71FC1-289B-44F2-91D1-6F33763766E2.png

60B7BCB8-6763-4B8E-916E-E65847FF19A5.png

F5978765-A8D8-4C47-A4A4-098665104D5C.png

F8EFEB5C-55F7-4DF3-8CFF-F78B8B9392A8.png

3173EC51-DE58-4F5E-843E-9DE47A020498.png

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This email is a little late, but now we have it in tbe bag. Thank God silly season is over. Coaching searches are not exciting. They’re nerve racking and come at a time when tbe program is the most vulnerable. Onward!

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

This email is a little late, but now we have it in tbe bag. Thank God silly season is over. Coaching searches are not exciting. They’re nerve racking and come at a time when tbe program is the most vulnerable. Onward!

Yeah, I get that he’s all, “we already commented and then all these rumors started. Our stance hadn’t changed,” but it escalated into such a public show right during recruiting. 

1 minute ago, AidiAU said:

Yeah, I get that he’s all, “we already commented and then all these rumors started. Our stance hadn’t changed,” but it escalated into such a public show right during recruiting. 

Yes it did.

That's a good letter from Greene. My position is the same as it's always been: Either support a coach 100% or fire him. Apparently Greene feels the same way.

This may be easier to read....

From the Desk of Allen Greene

December 2018

Dear Auburn Family,

Nearly 12 months ago, I was blessed to be named the 15th Director of Athletics at Auburn University. I can tell you that leading an athletic department such as Auburn’s is extraordinarily rewarding yet demanding.

I have embraced the privilege of making decisions that will better position our athletic department ranging from facility planning to negotiating football schedules. I’ve also had opportunities to spend time with members of the Auburn family while traveling from Huntsville to the coast and everywhere in between.

AU Club

Admittedly, a few freshman mistakes have been made, like getting lost on campus while trying to visit with deans of every college and scheduling lunch downtown on a football Friday without factoring in adequate time to secure a parking space.

Thankfully, I’ve also experienced Auburn competing at high levels. I was in Waco, Texas, when the equestrian team won its fifth national championship, in Gainesville, Florida, for baseball’s Super Regional appearance, and on our home court to celebrate the recent SEC championship in men’s basketball.

Baseball

The duty to lead a large and complex organization with integrity that simultaneously operates as a business and an enterprise is an awesome undertaking. My charge is to enhance the experience of 550 student-athletes, maintain a balanced budget, create a vibrant departmental culture, communicate effectively to all constituents and provide fan experiences of a lifetime.

That said, this overarching responsibility is not without its challenges. To use a baseball analogy, we do not hit a home run every at-bat.

A very real example of this is the most recent football season. Simply put, it did not go as planned. Having attended many practices, team and position meetings, I continue to be amazed at the effort our student-athletes and coaches pour into our storied program. After each win, I stand in the locker room and smile as the young men celebrate victory. Conversely, my heart breaks to see those same young men sit in disbelief after defeat.

Football

Unfortunately, maximum effort does not always equal maximum results. Still, outcomes matter and at Auburn, we expect to deliver.

Since the conclusion of the regular season, there has been speculation about the future of Auburn Football despite my previous public comments as well as statements from President Leath. Unfortunately, those rumors and speculation have not served the Auburn Family well.

Throughout the season, Coach Malzahn and I had discussions focused on placing our student-athletes in the best competitive position for the future. To confirm, Coach Malzahn is dedicated to this program and he has my support as we work together to move forward. Our discussions are ongoing, and we will focus on evolving in all facets of the program to achieve better and more consistent results. Rest assured, my commitment to overseeing and managing the effort to put Auburn football back at the level we expect and you deserve will be unrelenting.

We have the most passionate fan base in the country, who love Auburn and all it represents. You, the fans, are the driving force in our effort to make you proud. Of course, it stings when we fall short of our lofty expectations, but in true Auburn fashion, we will dust ourselves off and recommit to our goals.

To reiterate, my responsibility is to serve Auburn, and more specifically, our coaches, staff and student-athletes. Among other things, successfully navigating this endeavor requires collaboration, trust, passion and resilience – qualities our young men and women learn every day as student-athletes.

As the end of football season draws near, I look forward to the upcoming bowl game and enjoying the winter sports season, which includes men’s and women’s basketball, gymnastics and swimming & diving.

One of the many reasons I’m happy to call Auburn home is because of your fierce loyalty to the orange and blue. Thank you for your passion, and thank you for welcoming my family with open arms. Continue to believe in Auburn and love it.

War Eagle and Happy Holidays!

Allen Greene

Auburn University Logo

C. Allen Greene

Director of Athletics

Auburn Athletics Department | AuburnTigers.com

(334) 844-9891 | athletic_director@auburn.edu

5 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Unfortunately, maximum effort does not always equal maximum results. Still, outcomes matter and at Auburn, we expect to deliver.

Nice to see that in writing.  Wish it were on the wall.

6 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

This may be easier to read....

From the Desk of Allen Greene

December 2018

Dear Auburn Family,

Nearly 12 months ago, I was blessed to be named the 15th Director of Athletics at Auburn University. I can tell you that leading an athletic department such as Auburn’s is extraordinarily rewarding yet demanding.

I have embraced the privilege of making decisions that will better position our athletic department ranging from facility planning to negotiating football schedules. I’ve also had opportunities to spend time with members of the Auburn family while traveling from Huntsville to the coast and everywhere in between.

AU Club

Admittedly, a few freshman mistakes have been made, like getting lost on campus while trying to visit with deans of every college and scheduling lunch downtown on a football Friday without factoring in adequate time to secure a parking space.

Thankfully, I’ve also experienced Auburn competing at high levels. I was in Waco, Texas, when the equestrian team won its fifth national championship, in Gainesville, Florida, for baseball’s Super Regional appearance, and on our home court to celebrate the recent SEC championship in men’s basketball.

Baseball

The duty to lead a large and complex organization with integrity that simultaneously operates as a business and an enterprise is an awesome undertaking. My charge is to enhance the experience of 550 student-athletes, maintain a balanced budget, create a vibrant departmental culture, communicate effectively to all constituents and provide fan experiences of a lifetime.

That said, this overarching responsibility is not without its challenges. To use a baseball analogy, we do not hit a home run every at-bat.

A very real example of this is the most recent football season. Simply put, it did not go as planned. Having attended many practices, team and position meetings, I continue to be amazed at the effort our student-athletes and coaches pour into our storied program. After each win, I stand in the locker room and smile as the young men celebrate victory. Conversely, my heart breaks to see those same young men sit in disbelief after defeat.

Football

Since the conclusion of the regular season, there has been speculation about the future of Auburn Football despite my previous public comments as well as statements from President Leath. Unfortunately, those rumors and speculation have not served the Auburn Family well.

Throughout the season, Coach Malzahn and I had discussions focused on placing our student-athletes in the best competitive position for the future. To confirm, Coach Malzahn is dedicated to this program and he has my support as we work together to move forward. Our discussions are ongoing, and we will focus on evolving in all facets of the program to achieve better and more consistent results. Rest assured, my commitment to overseeing and managing the effort to put Auburn football back at the level we expect and you deserve will be unrelenting.

We have the most passionate fan base in the country, who love Auburn and all it represents. You, the fans, are the driving force in our effort to make you proud. Of course, it stings when we fall short of our lofty expectations, but in true Auburn fashion, we will dust ourselves off and recommit to our goals.

To reiterate, my responsibility is to serve Auburn, and more specifically, our coaches, staff and student-athletes. Among other things, successfully navigating this endeavor requires collaboration, trust, passion and resilience – qualities our young men and women learn every day as student-athletes.

As the end of football season draws near, I look forward to the upcoming bowl game and enjoying the winter sports season, which includes men’s and women’s basketball, gymnastics and swimming & diving.

One of the many reasons I’m happy to call Auburn home is because of your fierce loyalty to the orange and blue. Thank you for your passion, and thank you for welcoming my family with open arms. Continue to believe in Auburn and love it.

War Eagle and Happy Holidays!

Allen Greene

Auburn University Logo

C. Allen Greene

Director of Athletics

Auburn Athletics Department | AuburnTigers.com

(334) 844-9891 | athletic_director@auburn.edu

Now if anyone has a problem with this response then they are a straight up hater lol

• ellitor changed the title to Open Letter From AD Greene To The AU Fans

Awesome letter. I'm pretty sure Gus is on a short leash with Greene, but I also believe that Greene will give Gus every chance to succeed and maybe loosen the leash if things go well. If Gus wins, and can figure out how to keep winning (dreaming, I know), then we win. If he fails miserably again, he's gone, we win. 

Either way, with Greene, I feel that we are in good hands. 

I’m not sure why everyone is so impressed with this tbh. To me it jumps out as that old politician telling everyone what they want to hear. Just AD coach speak. It’s just words from an AD who’s been removed from this entire process. Wouldn’t surprise me a bit if he wasn’t even here next season the way things run at this University. 

Its like I’ve always told my two sons, people will tell you what they think you want to hear, but it’s there actions that will reveal who and what they truly are. So yeah, on one hand this sounds great, but I’m not getting excited or truly believing it until I see some action. Where was this a few weeks ago?

11 minutes ago, theweegler said:

people will tell you what they think you want to hear, but it’s there actions that will reveal who and what they truly are. So yeah, on one hand this sounds great, but I’m not getting excited or truly believing it until I see some action. Where was this a few weeks ago?

This right here about sums it up on the Plains folks. WAR EAGLE!

Time will tell whether he is a great AD. I felt sorry for him coming in right after the President of the University had just given Gus the huge raise and long term contract. I believe because of that contract Greene's hands were tied when this season imploded. I am hoping he will be allowed to do what he says in his letter. The problem at Auburn that has been around for a long time is too many cooks stirring the pot. Between the PTB and the President Greene was in a lose lose situation this year.  Next Year Gus will have a great year and keep his job taking the pressure off Greene or Gus goes down in a blaze of glory and Greene helps lead the search and picks his man whether the PTB like his man or not.

Auburn has to allow an AD to be an AD and not to hamstring him or have him reporting to people outside of the administration. If this does not happen we will have these issues again and again.

I don't mean this post to be negative...and certainly not any negativity aimed at AD Greene.  Honestly, I don't know enough of anything he's done except apparently he was instrumental in keeping Bruce, so Good Things.  It's merely a question/request/desire.

This nice letter is merely reiterating that Gus is Auburn's coach in '19, as he already stated, along with other niceties to the school, winter sports programs and fans.  Not really much else to it.

The letters that we Auburn Football fans want to read are from those involved (evidently NOT Greene) in the decision to not fire, but rather neuter the HC like a captured alley cat.  It's great that Greene supports Gus and "has conversations" with him but what about those who take away Gus' resources, evidently NOT supporting him (or Greene too, perhaps) yet don't have the stones to fire him?

I want to know what THEY have to say.

The letter says 'Dear Auburn Family". If you are an alumnus and did not receive the letter, are you no longer considered in the AU family?

45 minutes ago, theweegler said:

I’m not sure why everyone is so impressed with this tbh. To me it jumps out as that old politician telling everyone what they want to hear. Just AD coach speak. It’s just words from an AD who’s been removed from this entire process. Wouldn’t surprise me a bit if he wasn’t even here next season the way things run at this University. 

Its like I’ve always told my two sons, people will tell you what they think you want to hear, but it’s there actions that will reveal who and what they truly are. So yeah, on one hand this sounds great, but I’m not getting excited or truly believing it until I see some action. Where was this a few weeks ago?

How do you know Greene was removed from the entire process? Are you basing that on the musings of a click-baiter like Marcello? Just sayin'..

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's a good letter from Greene. My position is the same as it's always been: Either support a coach 100% or fire him. Apparently Greene feels the same way.

I agree, however there will be people on this board still claiming Leath made him write that stuff, he really doesn’t support Gus, he really wants Gus fired yada, yada, yada.

As for me,  I feel he’s young and learning and yes, I wish AU would have considered  someone with more experience but I also feel Greene is an honest man and I believe what he says! In other words: don’t believe all the rumors and garbage that’s going around about the program that other schools are actively using to negative recruit against us.

To confirm, Coach Malzahn is dedicated to this program and he has my support as we work together to move forward.

Since the conclusion of the regular season, there has been speculation about the future of Auburn Football despite my previous public comments as well as statements from President Leath. Unfortunately, those rumors and speculation have not served the Auburn Family well.

16 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

The letter says 'Dear Auburn Family". If you are an alumnus and did not receive the letter, are you no longer considered in the AU family?

I like the letter, but I guess I’m with you on not receiving it. I’m an Alum, member of the alumni Association, and I donate. Not a millionaire that donates, but I donate. I did not receive the letter.

44 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I don't mean this post to be negative...and certainly not any negativity aimed at AD Greene.  Honestly, I don't know enough of anything he's done except apparently he was instrumental in keeping Bruce, so Good Things.  It's merely a question/request/desire.

This nice letter is merely reiterating that Gus is Auburn's coach in '19, as he already stated, along with other niceties to the school, winter sports programs and fans.  Not really much else to it.

The letters that we Auburn Football fans want to read are from those involved (evidently NOT Greene) in the decision to not fire, but rather neuter the HC like a captured alley cat.  It's great that Greene supports Gus and "has conversations" with him but what about those who take away Gus' resources, evidently NOT supporting him (or Greene too, perhaps) yet don't have the stones to fire him?

I want to know what THEY have to say.

You would never know what they will have to say. They never would out themselves 

Archived