Open Letter From AD Greene To The AU Fans

AidiAU

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He was doing exactly what his bosses were telling him to do. I don't get why that's so hard to understand.  I certainly don't understand why you keep trying to figure out a way to make ADAG look as if he was the incompetent party in this whole mess.  

You do realize that 24 didn’t post the quote that you quoted right?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He was doing exactly what his bosses were telling him to do. I don't get why that's so hard to understand.  I certainly don't understand why you keep trying to figure out a way to make ADAG look as if he was the incompetent party in this whole mess.  

Kessler posted the comments above, not me, but I agree with Kessler.

Who in the Auburn family got these letters? Charismatic leaders don’t sit back and do exactly with their boss tells them, they step up, and make decisions. Also, when he’s now made three different public statements with his support of Gus, I guess he’s lying, because in reality, he wanted to fire Gus but he wasn’t allowed?

Can’t have it both ways, charismatic leader that won’t be micromanaged, that-cuts people off at the knees then cleans up the blood; at the same time a shy lamb that does exactly what he’s told.

I like everything I’ve seen and heard from and about AG. But when it comes to Malzahn and this much money, he is not writing the check. Whoever has that capital has the power. Greene is a figure head only. But I will say I am so glad Jacobs is gone. Not that I didn’t like him or his leadership. But the constant moaning about him on here was exhausting. 

The only thing i heard about Greene was that he was fantastic at fundraising.   Now if for one minute you think he will bite the hand that feeds and tell those with the money  to shove off you have to be joking.     

ADAG is a versatile fella.

“Will cut you at your knees and make you clean up the blood” on Monday. 

Tuesday: drinking hipster beer with Golf

Wednesday: Plays fortnite all night 

Thursday:  “Yes sir. No sir. How many lumps of sugar, sir.”

Friday: Wears affliction shirts

Saturdays: Banquets and balls appearances all day. Has expensive alcohol and doesnt care if that’s your woman or not. 

Sundays: he’s not yet immortal so still PJ’s, Netflix, and hangovers.

37 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Charismatic leaders don’t sit back and do exactly with their boss tells them, they step up, and make decisions. 

That is one if the most ridiculous things I've read here in a long time.  

40 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Charismatic leaders don’t sit back and do exactly with their boss tells them, they step up, and make decisions

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

And get fired.

I think Allen is learning that Auburn gets the short end of the media stick in this state if not region. He's seen some real guess work and hatchet job articles about a dozen events surrounding AU football the last month by so called journalists but we've received that since Namath was wearing panty hose. Many but not all on this board have been fairly hysterical since LSU game and in fact media actually printed some of the more goober blather posted here. Allen's right, if it's speculation & rumor it doesn't serve us to repeat it.

16 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

And get fired.

Yes, charismatic leaders get fired all the time, my bad.

They also are not truthful in public when they claim to support the head football coach, when behind the scenes their really trying to get him fired, only to be told they can’t.

Makes perfect sense to me. Don’t know why I didn’t see it sooner?

38 minutes ago, bigbird said:

True, makes no sense at all. I notice you ignored the part where you posted I wrote something that Keesler wrote. You also ignored the rest of my quote.

10 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

by so called journalists

I so agree with that description. Sabin changed the narrative when he came to tuscalosers, in 07 he called all the journalist in one at a time and told them how he wanted the mighty tide portrayed in the media and that's a fact Jack. I heard from a good friend of one that told him he hadn't been talked to that way since he was in elementary school. Didn't make any difference he hasn't called him out on anything since them, in other words you either tow the terd line or your access is nil. All of that was to swing the perception and support to the dark side. They subsequently went out and "got" the best player's that he asked for and the rest is history. Not sure how much '"getting" they have to do now but if needed they are the best around, no trails. They have the NFL pipe line going and that's as good a recruiting tool as it gets. 

7 hours ago, WDEDothan1976 said:

Allen Greene is doing a great job at Athletic Director.  War Eagle!!!!!

Allen Greene is to Athletic Directors as Offensive Coordinators are  to a Gus Malzahn Offense, micromaneged and not allowed to  do  their  jobs.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

There isnt two ways.  ADAG had nothing to do with Gus' extension or the guarantee.  Again, when the amount of money is at the level it is, the AD has no real say in a decision.  He can only make a recommendation, which he did.  The president and the BoT are the only ones that can make financial decisions with that amount.  Therefore, since he wasn't involved in the choice to extend his contract or the negotiations and since he is not the administrator of financial decisions involving that amount of money, he sat out.  That's not being micromanaged. That's having a scope of work and not interfering in other's messes.

I think he was very smart to not (publicly at least) insinuate himself into the mess not of his making, even if it involved the highest profile employee in the athletic department. Maybe I’m naive but I think it showed a degree of political savvy of which Jethro wasn’t capable. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

So next year if(more likely when) Gus looks like he'll get fired, AG won't have anything to do with it correct? It's still going to be Leath and Harbert who make the decision next year. 

34 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Yes, charismatic leaders get fired all the time, my bad.

They also are not truthful in public when they claim to support the head football coach, when behind the scenes their really trying to get him fired, only to be told they can’t.

Makes perfect sense to me. Don’t know why I didn’t see it sooner?

The vast majority here have wondered the same thing!   😃

Archived