Open Letter From AD Greene To The AU Fans

AidiAU

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bigbird said:

That is one if the most ridiculous things I've read here in a long time.  

I don’t know why you can’t understand that AG should have launched himself onto Leath and Harbert’s greanade. Because, you know, that’s what charismatic leaders do. You simpleton.

4 hours ago, keesler said:

I'm an alum, I donate , I'm a season ticket holder and I just scratched out hefty tuition checks for TWO of my kids to Auburn University for spring semester and I didn't get the letter.  If I'm not Family, then who the hell is?

You say you donate, but are you a member of Tigers Unlimited Fund?   I, am also an alumni, season ticket holder and member of TUF and I got the letter in my email.  Is your email on the list?  That may be why you did not get the letter.  I noted started getting these type letters and such after becoming a member of TUF.

Monday, Monday, lots of news!

We will see, if watch we choose.

Thank you, Greene, for giving clues...

Full steam forward, on we cruise.

Dilli dilli...welcome, too!

We are much in need of you.

Happy days have been so few

'Cept good reports from '72!

Breaking ground soon as for us...

Life is more than dear coach Gus.

Better is one day in THIS house

Than that of any Bammer louse.

Lots of love to each and all...

WDE and let's play ball!

😇🙏🙌

1 hour ago, GBAU83 said:

You say you donate, but are you a member of Tigers Unlimited Fund?   I, am also an alumni, season ticket holder and member of TUF and I got the letter in my email.  Is your email on the list?  That may be why you did not get the letter.  I noted started getting these type letters and such after becoming a member of TUF.

I am not an alum. I am also too poor to donate to the university, but am a diehard Auburn fan. Rest assured, if I was filthy rich, I’d be buying out Dabo myself and pulling him to Auburn via tbe ears. 

8 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Monday, Monday, lots of news!

We will see, if watch we choose.

Thank you, Greene, for giving clues...

Full steam forward, on we cruise.

Dilli dilli...welcome, too!

We are much in need of you.

Happy days have been so few

'Cept good reports from '72!

Breaking ground soon as for us...

Life is more than dear coach Gus.

Better is one day in THIS house

Than that of any Bammer louse.

Lots of love to each and all...

WDE and let's play ball!

😇🙏🙌

Someone's in a really good mood today.  Glad to see all the news of the past couple weeks has not soured you Toragirl.

Siap- he “reiterated” that he is there to serve auburn. Im guessing this letter went to donors or season ticket holders and that reiteration goes as a secondary notice to those who were involved and an initial notice to those werent: that hes gonna be making the decisions. Thats the way i read it 

58 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

I am a member of TUF. No letter in email but I get other things from TUF. 🤔

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

So next year if(more likely when) Gus looks like he'll get fired, AG won't have anything to do with it correct? It's still going to be Leath and Harbert who make the decision next year. 

With the amount of the buyout, all ADAG will be able to do is recommend.  It's not because that what he wants, but that's how the University has set up the procedure to handle large financial expenditures.  However, I believe Leath will be gone before Gus and that will take away a major road block in Gus' removal. If that's the direction the University decides to go.

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

With the amount of the buyout, all ADAG will be able to do is recommend.  It's not because that what he wants, but that's how the University has set up the procedure to handle large financial expenditures.  However, I believe Leath will be gone before Gus and that will take away a major road block in Gus' removal. If that's the direction the University decides to go.

Hate to say it but you are correct:hanged:

1 hour ago, GBAU83 said:

I am an alum, but we are season ticket holders through TUF. And we are in the absolute lowest donation level. 😂

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

So next year if(more likely when) Gus looks like he'll get fired, AG won't have anything to do with it correct? It's still going to be Leath and Harbert who make the decision next year. 

Let me break it down for you: School Pres wanted to fire our beloved basketball coach. AG stepped in and saved the day, kind of like Superman, and he deserves all the credit!

AG, publicly said he supports Gus, on three different occasions now, while the whole time, he actually wanted and still wants to fire Gus, because that’s what the majority of the fan base, and the majority of the Boosters want. However, school Pres has power over all the Boosters (Except for the ones I talk to) most of whom wanted to fire Gus and the entire Fanbase and wouldn’t let AG fire Gus. School Pres has so much power over AG, he forced the charismatic Athletic Director, to publicly Lie and support Gus, even when he wanted him fired.

AG would do more because he is such an awesome charismatic leader, however he has to do what his boss tells him or he may be fired. When it comes to Bruce Pearl AG did exactly what he wanted, not what his boss told him because he is awesome like that.

Finally, with all this said, it’s actually the school president on the hot seat.

Do you understand it all now?

1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

Someone's in a really good mood today.  Glad to see all the news of the past couple weeks has not soured you Toragirl.

Ah, it's still cryptic enough...😜😜😇😇🤣🤣

21 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Let me break it down for you: School Pres wanted to fire our beloved basketball coach. AG stepped in and saved the day, kind of like Superman, and he deserves all the credit!

AG, publicly said he supports Gus, on three different occasions now, while the whole time, he actually wanted and still wants to fire Gus, because that’s what the majority of the fan base, and the majority of the Boosters want. However, school Pres has power over all the Boosters (Except for the ones I talk to) most of whom wanted to fire Gus and the entire Fanbase and wouldn’t let AG fire Gus. School Pres has so much power over AG, he forced the charismatic Athletic Director, to publicly Lie and support Gus, even when he wanted him fired.

AG would do more because he is such an awesome charismatic leader, however he has to do what his boss tells him or he may be fired. When it comes to Bruce Pearl AG did exactly what he wanted, not what his boss told him because he is awesome like that.

Finally, with all this said, it’s actually the school president on the hot seat.

2252BB3F-CA72-48E1-A1C3-10261D0344C8.gif

It is too bad that Leath does not have the guts to answer the many questions we all have addressed to him like AD Greene. I think when things get hot, Leath runs off to some business meeting in Pocatello Idaho.

28 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

If you refuse to see the 32 million differences between the BP and Gus situations than I don't know what to tell you.

You are refusing to listen to many that have 1st hand knowledge of this from within the AD. So by all means, continue to resist, impugn, and belittle. It's truly captivating. You have your heels dug in on this and that's okay, but it does bolster those opinions about your ADAG bias.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Does Leath have final say on the big money decisions within the athletic department or just the Gus situation?

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If you refuse to see the 32 million differences between the BP and Gus situations than I don't know what to tell you.

You are refusing to listen to many that have 1st hand knowledge of this from within the AD. So by all means, continue to resist, impugn, and belittle. It's truly captivating. You have your heels dug in on this and that's okay, but it does bolster those opinions about your ADAG bias.

Actually, I have listened to those with first hand knowledge inside the AD to include my own eyes and ears. Also, as I’ve said before, at least certain donors and boosters stories told to my father and me, do not follow this moronic stuff that I have tried to point out on here.

Also, in an attempt to accuse me of bias, you purposely quoted me saying something that another poster wrote on the board, as more than one poster has pointed out to you. (which you have purposely ignored)

As far as my heels being dug in... you’re correct about that, but they were dug in to explain, as I have been told, some of these excuses posted, simply defy common sense, as one story about the Pres, AD and Boosters does not match the other. 

I try to point it out with facts... you may be taking it personally, so I guess we should just agree to disagree and move on.

11 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Does Leath have final say on the big money decisions within the athletic department or just the Gus situation?

I don't know the exact #, but any expenditures over a certain amount is soley approved and executed by the president. That said, that money comes from someone or somewhere. Therefore, along with the president,  the BoT is also involved with those type of decisions.

23 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Also, in an attempt to accuse me of bias, you purposely quoted me saying something that another poster wrote on the board, as more than one poster has pointed out to you. (which you have purposely ignored)

I'm sorry you feel that way. To be clear though, I never personally accused you of bias. I did say you were bolstering the opinions of some here that believe you do have an ADAG bias.

As far as the misquote goes, I don't see the big deal. I also don't have a clue why it was attributed to you the way it was. Also, when @aujeff11 asked if I knew about the misquote, I acknowledged that I was aware. So again...what's the big deal about that? To be honest though, it might as well have been your words because you responded to the passage that was quoted with "x10000" indicating your full support of it.  So again...what's the big deal?

Have a good night.

Archived