Open Letter From AD Greene To The AU Fans

AidiAU

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'm sorry you feel that way. To be clear though, I never personally accused you of bias. I did say you were bolstering the opinions of some here that believe you do have an ADAG bias.

As far as the misquote goes, I don't see the big deal. I also don't have a clue why it was attributed to you the way it was. Also, when @aujeff11 asked if I knew about the misquote, I acknowledged that I was aware. So again...what's the big deal about that? To be honest though, it might as well have been your words because you responded to the passage that was quoted with "x10000" indicating your full support of it.  So again...what's the big deal?

Have a good night.

LOL

Pat Morita.gif

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, bigbird said:

With the amount of the buyout, all ADAG will be able to do is recommend.  It's not because that what he wants, but that's how the University has set up the procedure to handle large financial expenditures.  However, I believe Leath will be gone before Gus and that will take away a major road block in Gus' removal. If that's the direction the University decides to go.

Leath isn’t getting fired over football. The job of a president is not evaluated based on the progress of one portion of athletics. The job of the president is barely evaluated by athletics at all. Folks need to let this go.

A more general message to everyone...Whether you like it or not, Gus is our coach through next year. Quit fussing, and get over it. Get on board and hope for AU’s success, or get out. If, come October of next year, we still look bad on the field. Resume your critique of Gus. For now, I’m hoping for his success because his success is Auburn’s success. 

This is the point Greene was trying to make here... Gus is our coach next year. You can either support Auburn (and Gus) or not support either. There is no middle ground.

1 hour ago, AUFriction said:

Leath isn’t getting fired over football. The job of a president is not evaluated based on the progress of one portion of athletics. The job of the president is barely evaluated by athletics at all. Folks need to let this go.

A more general message to everyone...Whether you like it or not, Gus is our coach through next year. Quit fussing, and get over it. Get on board and hope for AU’s success, or get out. If, come October of next year, we still look bad on the field. Resume your critique of Gus. For now, I’m hoping for his success because his success is Auburn’s success. 

This is the point Greene was trying to make here... Gus is our coach next year. You can either support Auburn (and Gus) or not support either. There is no middle ground.

Better message. This is an open forum and whether you are a Gus lover , Gus hater, apathetic , mad, sad, in between keep posting because diversity on this board , like any family, makes it entertaining and provides an outlet for further discussion. 

15 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I don't mean this post to be negative...and certainly not any negativity aimed at AD Greene.  Honestly, I don't know enough of anything he's done except apparently he was instrumental in keeping Bruce, so Good Things.  It's merely a question/request/desire.

This nice letter is merely reiterating that Gus is Auburn's coach in '19, as he already stated, along with other niceties to the school, winter sports programs and fans.  Not really much else to it.

The letters that we Auburn Football fans want to read are from those involved (evidently NOT Greene) in the decision to not fire, but rather neuter the HC like a captured alley cat.  It's great that Greene supports Gus and "has conversations" with him but what about those who take away Gus' resources, evidently NOT supporting him (or Greene too, perhaps) yet don't have the stones to fire him?

I want to know what THEY have to say.

You'll live a thousand lifetimes as a fan at any and every other school and never once hear about boosters or the BoT speak about the crimes they deal lol

4 hours ago, AUFriction said:

You're right, he won't be fired for football. Now that that is cleared up, I still believe he will be gone before Gus is.

I thought the open letter from Greene was excellent.  It was well written,  articulate and goes directly to the heart of what makes us all Auburn fans.  It is very apparent that Greene has spent a lot of time talking to AU fans and Alumni,  not just the powerful, monied boosters who think they own the program, but ordinary, everyday fans and alumni who makeup the vast majority of the Auburn Family.  In a very short time, he has learned us and what we care about and that is testament that he is a good man and is quickly growing into an Auburn Man.  

I am constantly amazed at some of the posters who believe that Greene or anyone at Auburn should abide by their schedule of when things are supposed to occur.  As one would expect there are the nay-sayers who will never be happy regardless of what he does or says.  It is clear to me that Greene is a man who wants to make sure things are done professionally, but more importantly that they are done right. I always tell my grandchildren to do the right thing and you will never be sorry about an outcome.  Some of our posters need to realize that just because they have an opinion about the way things should happen (and everyone is welcome to one), it doesn't mean that your way is the right way, it's just your way.  I do believe that Greene wants to do the right thing and as an Auburn Alum, that is what I want as well. I am more interested in what is right for Auburn University in the long run, not just the football program.  War Eagle Mr. Greene.  I am behind you 100%.

JWShewmake  '73

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

If you refuse to see the 32 million differences between the BP and Gus situations than I don't know what to tell you.

You are refusing to listen to many that have 1st hand knowledge of this from within the AD. So by all means, continue to resist, impugn, and belittle. It's truly captivating. You have your heels dug in on this and that's okay, but it does bolster those opinions about your ADAG bias.

Large avian creature, you're making a classic AUF blunder. You are attempting to engage AU-24 regarding ADAG. It's best just to let him roll on by. For whatever reason, he does not like ADAG, it's not worth the effort to engage him.

19 hours ago, AUFriction said:

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

20 hours ago, AUFriction said:

The President of a major educational institution is supposed to be fiscally responsible.  There is already ample evidence that Leath does not understand that.  If I were a betting man, I would bet he will not be at AU past 2020, if not sooner. 

On 12/11/2018 at 12:11 AM, AUFriction said:

I will not stop fussing nor will I get out. I will not sit in the corner and be quiet because i do not share the same thoughts that you do. You do not dictate to me what my feelings and thoughts are concerning Auburn University.  

Archived