Open Letter From AD Greene To The AU Fans

AidiAU

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

I don't mean this post to be negative...and certainly not any negativity aimed at AD Greene.  Honestly, I don't know enough of anything he's done except apparently he was instrumental in keeping Bruce, so Good Things.  It's merely a question/request/desire.

This nice letter is merely reiterating that Gus is Auburn's coach in '19, as he already stated, along with other niceties to the school, winter sports programs and fans.  Not really much else to it.

The letters that we Auburn Football fans want to read are from those involved (evidently NOT Greene) in the decision to not fire, but rather neuter the HC like a captured alley cat.  It's great that Greene supports Gus and "has conversations" with him but what about those who take away Gus' resources, evidently NOT supporting him (or Greene too, perhaps) yet don't have the stones to fire him?

I want to know what THEY have to say.

Possibly “they” aren’t as bad as the rumors that are floating around. Those rumors however, are being used to negative recruit against us on a daily basis!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, DAG said:

You would never know what they will have to say. They never would out themselves 

I know you're right.

We need to let Allan Greene do his job. We hired an AD to run the athletic department - let him do it! Just like Malzahn - fire him or let him do his job. 

Hire the best man for the job and support him 100% for the sake of Auburn. Give him all the money resources to make this one of the best athletic programs in the country.

6 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Possibly “they” aren’t as bad as the rumors that are floating around. Those rumors however, are being used to negative recruit against us on a daily basis!

You're absolutely right.  Often things aren't as bad as rumors suggest.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of smoke with this and the fact that Gus was obviously not given the support nor resources (nor apparently mandated) to make a true homerun OC hire but rather he actually has now openly stated that HE will be the OC (regardless of the new guy's title) and calling the plays definitely suggests he was not supported in whatever meetings/negotiations they have been having.

Matter of fact, it sounds like they told him what many on this forum have said for a minute.... "Put up or shut up".  So, that is the good news. 

In the '19 season there will be NO excuse he can offer.  It's Gus' Offense....period.  Maybe that's what their letter would say 🤔.

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

I like the letter, but I guess I’m with you on not receiving it. I’m an Alum, member of the alumni Association, and I donate. Not a millionaire that donates, but I donate. I did not receive the letter.

I'm an alum, I donate , I'm a season ticket holder and I just scratched out hefty tuition checks for TWO of my kids to Auburn University for spring semester and I didn't get the letter.  If I'm not Family, then who the hell is?

34 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Auburn provides enough ammunition to help our rivals negative recruit against us as it is. 

The product AU put on the field this year could be used to negative recruit against Auburn.  The way the Auburn staff poorly managed Asa Martin's redshirt season resulting in "Mr. Football Alabama" transferring after only one season, or how our 2nd yr QB regressed in this system, or the fact that Auburn hasn't had an offensive skill player drafted in the first rounds of the NFL in like 8+ years is plenty of ammo in and of itself.

A few things that I've been told about ADAG, from one that has sat in on some of those meetings he mentioned, is that he is in complete control. He was described as "a fierce leader". I don't think we will need to worry about him being micromanaged.  Was told, "He has and will continue to stand toe-to-toe when the situation necessitates.". "He is the type that can cut you at your knees, have you apologise for bleeding on the carpet, and then clean it up".

IMO, We are in very good hands with ADAG.

1 hour ago, keesler said:

I'm an alum, I donate , I'm a season ticket holder and I just scratched out hefty tuition checks for TWO of my kids to Auburn University for spring semester and I didn't get the letter.  If I'm not Family, then who the hell is?

Right there with you. Alum, season ticket holder, put 4 kids through Auburn and didn’t get the letter. 

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

A few things that I've been told about ADAG, from one that has sat in on some of those meetings he mentioned, is that he is in complete control. He was described as "a fierce leader". I don't think we will need to worry about him being micromanaged.  Was told, "He has and will continue to stand toe-to-toe when the situation necessitates.". "He is the type that can cut you at your knees, have you apologise for bleeding on the carpet, and then clean it up".

This is great to hear.  I'm wondering how ADAG reacted to the meetings between Harbert & Malzhan in the wake of Leath flying off to D.C. a couple of weeks ago?  Or if those meetings every really occurred at all?  Moon/Tate/Marshmello reported that Gus was basically turned into a damn eunuch.

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Can you understand how the Gus rumors and fiasco doesn’t make any sense then? If he is not being micromanaged etc...

Just now, keesler said:

This is great to hear.  I'm wondering how ADAG reacted to the meetings between Harbert & Malzhan in the wake of Leath flying off to D.C. a couple of weeks ago?  Or if those meetings every really occurred at all?  Moon/Tate/Marshmello reported that Gus was basically turned into a damn eunuch.

That’s what I’m wondering as well. I mean the story can’t go both ways.

5 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Right there with you. Alum, season ticket holder, put 4 kids through Auburn and didn’t get the letter. 

Neither one of my kids who are on campus preparing for finals this week (they're reportedly holed up in the library) got this either.

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Can you understand how the Gus rumors and fiasco doesn’t make any sense then? If he is not being micromanaged etc...

No

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Post a link or some kind of confirmation or this is just rumor.

0D4B6021-A576-4AEA-9772-6551D2E1BBD1.gif

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

I don't get it.

Either ADAG's an alpha male, takes no shart from anyone, has 100% control of the situation, is a fierce leader OR he let a BOT member attempt to re-negotiate our HC's contract (while the Pres was out of town) to the point where the man would quit & walk away from the job or call their bluff and stay on as HC with reduced authority even over his own staffers.  Which is it?

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

Neither one of my kids who are on campus preparing for finals this week (they're reportedly holed up in the library) got this either.

Sounds like the AD email server needs a-little help? Possibly the Auburn Post Office as well? Also, this Auburn Alum put my wife and one daughter through AU grad school, along with, what I mentioned above.

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

I don't get it.

Either ADAG's an alpha male, takes no shart from anyone, has 100% control of the situation, is a fierce leader OR he let a BOT member attempt to re-negotiate our HC's contract (while the Pres was out of town) to the point where the man would quit & walk away from the job or call their bluff and stay on as HC with reduced authority even over his own staffers.  Which is it?

Maybe ask Bigbird? Based on his response to me above, it makes perfect sense to him.

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

There isnt two ways.  ADAG had nothing to do with Gus' extension or the guarantee.  Again, when the amount of money is at the level it is, the AD has no real say in a decision.  He can only make a recommendation, which he did.  The president and the BoT are the only ones that can make financial decisions with that amount.  Therefore, since he wasn't involved in the choice to extend his contract or the negotiations and since he is not the administrator of financial decisions involving that amount of money, he sat out.  That's not being micromanaged. That's having a scope of work and not interfering in other's messes.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

I asked him .....no response.

I'm glad to hear ADAG is such a strong leader, and will stand toe to toe when the situation necessitates, and will cut you to your knees and then make you clean up your own blood.   I LOVE IT - it's what Auburn needs badly when the PTB & BOT members overstep their bounds (Lanier/Harbert) or when they strong arm the President.

But was he going toe to toe with Raymond Harbert & Gus Malzhan in the meetings when Leath was gone?  Was ADAG willing to cut Harbert off at the knees and stand up for his HC?  Was he acting as a leader and putting a stop to the rumor mongering from the likes of some political reporter (Josh Moon) or even our own guy (Jay Tate)?????

Agree 1000%  because you are making perfect sense! 

25 minutes ago, AuMarine said:
2 hours ago, keesler said:

That is odd.

I didn't go to Auburn.  Neither of my kids go (they're only 9) and I had an uncle who was a Bama grad.  Yet AD Greene personally gave me a phone call and sent a notarized letter thanking me for my support telling me....

980x-22.gif

FINALLY! Some word from the AD. The silence was deafening. I feel good about his leadership and I hope that he DOES stand toe-to-toe with the PTB that want to meddle. We need to break that cycle. I also think that in the JJ years, there were constantly people medding in how the football team should be run. JMO

I look forward to seeing what Gus can do and to prove once and for all if his system still works in this day and age. It might be good, then again, it might be painful. We shall see...

Just now, keesler said:

I'm glad to hear ADAG is such a strong leader, and will stand toe to toe when the situation necessitates, and will cut you to your knees and then make you clean up your own blood.

:timeout:There is only one Chuck Norris. 

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

But was he going toe to toe with Raymond Harbert & Gus Malzhan in the meetings when Leath was gone?  Was ADAG willing to cut Harbert off at the knees and stand up for his HC?  Was he acting as a leader and putting a stop to the rumor mongering from the likes of some political reporter (Josh Moon) or even our own guy (Jay Tate)?????

I would like to see him step up and be more aggressive defending his department. Some of the nonsense can be cut out.

15 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

He was doing exactly what his bosses were telling him to do. I don't get why that's so hard to understand.  I certainly don't understand why you keep trying to figure out a way to make ADAG look as if he was the incompetent party in this whole mess.  

Archived