Bowl Preparations

alexava

Do we have a schedule? Any pressers planned? Let’s just try to talk about the upcoming game and keep it somewhat positive. No gloom and doom!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, alexava said:

Do we have a schedule? Any pressers planned? Let’s just try to talk about the upcoming game and keep it somewhat positive. No gloom and doom!

Based on recent thread derails....   Good luck with that part of it...

I recall seeing 15 days for 15 practices but with Christmas, graduation, and finals Auburn didn’t actually have 15 days so the 12th or 13th?  If you have more practices than days do you throw in some 2 adays? 

4 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I’m just wondering if Dilly Dilly is going to coach?  

I believe he will be on the sideline/in the box and participating. Not sure in what capacity. He's already recruiting for us. 

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/When-Auburn-practices-arrives-in-Nashville-for-Music-City-Bowl-126053850/

AUBURN, Alabama — Auburn will have 15 days to somehow fit in 15 practices before the Music City Bowl.

The Tigers are scheduled to begin practices Thursday, coach Gus Malzahn told Auburn Undercover on Friday. It’s not clear whether Auburn will be able to take full advantage of the NCAA’s rule allowing up to 15 practices before a bowl game.

Final exams for the fall semester at Auburn University end Dec. 14, one day after the scheduled start of Auburn's practices for the bowl game. Commencement is Dec. 15.

Auburn (7-5) will face Purdue (6-6) in the Music City Bowl on Dec. 28 inside Nissan Stadium in Nashville. The game kicks off at 12:30 p.m. CT on ESPN.

The Tigers are tentatively scheduled to arrive for bowl-week preparations Dec. 23, Malzahn said. Auburn typically gives players a holiday break of two days or more before arriving at the bowl site, meaning the Tigers will have less days to fit 15 practices on the calendar.

Final dates, including practice dates and times, will be settled this week.

Meanwhile, Purdue announced Friday it had sold out its allotment and an additional 3,000 tickets provided by the Music City Bowl. Purdue fans purchased 11,000 tickets through the school, the most since the school sold 20,000 tickets for the 2004 Capital One Bowl.

"We guaranteed the Music City Bowl committee that Purdue fans would ascend on Nashville, and they have delivered," Purdue athletics director Mike Bobinski said in a press release. "Our fans were great all season, and we offer our sincere thanks for their continued support. It is going to be a great bowl game and experience."

1 hour ago, alexava said:

What if one happens to think Purdue is a bad matchup for us and we're going to lose?

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:
25 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Will stidham play? Heard today will Grier is not playing in west va bowl game.

Said he wants to. Not sure if anything has changed. 

If he wants to don't see why he won't then.

I was hoping he wouldn't and we'd get a possible glimpse of the future but....oh well.

It WILL be interesting to see if the offense will look any different with Gus "officially" calling plays vs the rest of '18.

32 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Will stidham play? Heard today will Grier is not playing in west va bowl game.

Yes.

18 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I’m just wondering if Dilly Dilly is going to coach?  

I know he is not participating in Memphis' bowl game to come get to work for Auburn right away.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

What if one happens to think Purdue is a bad matchup for us and we're going to lose?

Then keep it to yourself.  Your opinion is NOT the purpose of a message board.

Just now, AUsince72 said:

I was hoping he wouldn't and we'd get a possible glimpse of the future but....oh well.

It WILL be interesting to see if the offense will look any different with Gus "officially" calling plays vs the rest of '18.

Yeah. I probably should have said "that was the plan last time I heard", so as not to suggest any possibility of discord. I'm confident he'll start and, if it's a remotely close game in the 2nd half, finish. 

Agreed, I think some of us just want to see different players out there because maybe it'll be something different to watch than what we saw all year.

Maybe Stidham lights it up enough that Gus brings in Malik and our passing coordinator actually gets him 10-15 legitimate throws.

Just now, McLoofus said:

Yeah. I probably should have said "that was the plan last time I heard", so as not to suggest any possibility of discord. I'm confident he'll start and, if it's a remotely close game in the 2nd half, finish. 

Yeah, I'd expect him to play pretty much the whole game regardless.  Honestly, I expect Purdue to put up a great fight.... probably win TBH.

Yeah, I'd expect him to play pretty much the whole game regardless.  Honestly, I expect Purdue to put up a great fight.... probably win TBH.

Yup. I don't think many Auburn fans understand that Purdue isn't a pushover team. Should we beat them? Yes. Would I bet money on it? Absolutely not.

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

I am very interested in what Gus does with his hands untied by the idea he has to let his OC run the show.

I miss the days of reading StatTiger explaining smart plays that we executed well... Remember the buck sweep? I memba 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Yup. I don't think many Auburn fans understand that Purdue isn't a pushover team. Should we beat them? Yes. Would I bet money on it? Absolutely not.

Considering how the secondary has struggled all year, I'm more than convinced that Purdue will put points up.  And I just don't think our O can keep up right now.  Add in the motivation factor and its a recipe for a bad afternoon in Nashville.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I will say, sorta like Auburn, it depends on "which Purdue" shows up.

They were very schizo themselves this year.  The team that beat tOSU could beat ANYBODY (I watched that whole game).  But they had some stinkers too.

It's actually a very fair matchup and I feel it could be a glimpse at a front-runner for AU's HC search in '20.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Add in the motivation factor and its a recipe for a bad afternoon in Nashville.

I'm hoping the "don't let a UCF 2.0 moment happen again" motivation might curb that a little. Hoping, but not believing lol.

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

I will say, sorta like Auburn, it depends on "which Purdue" shows up.

They were very schizo themselves this year.  The team that beat tOSU could beat ANYBODY (I watched that whole game).  But they had some stinkers too.

It's actually a very fair matchup and I feel it could be a glimpse at a front-runner for AU's HC search in '20.

Bill Clark isn't coaching Purdue?

;)

Archived