Boobee

aubiefifty

Auburn Running Back Jatarvious "BOOBEE" WHITLOW #28 was just Awarded "2018 SEC IMPACT FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR" presented by The Birmingham Monday Morning Quarterback Club. CONGRATULATIONS🦅🐯

AUsome and well deserved.  Even when injured you could tell he was putting in that extra effort.  I look forward to seeing him next year behind a more experienced Oline.  

Can't have a thread with that subject heading. Lol this is a family site. 😄

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

First thought: "This was created by Bird and is a trap!"

I might be in a minority based on a lot of the posts I've read but when you consider he IS a RS Freshman, I feel like he very well can be a premier SEC RB (assuming he can clean up the fumbles).  As for durability?  Consider, every time he did get banged up, he was pretty much out there the next game and performed as if unhurt.

If Gus will decide to properly reward Worm for being a little ball of badass and if Joiner gets a chance, Auburn may very well have a solid SEC backfield and hopefully sign one or two future backs/depth.  Seems at least one or 2 good ones have Auburn as a possibility.

OLine, QB & how does Gus use them (ALL Offensive personnel) are the main issues.  #ButGus is always THE question.

I don't know why people swear up and down he isn't a great RB...he has good enough second level speed for his frame, gets upfield well, is a decent pass blocker, and ran well against Bama even though he was hurt for at least half the year. Played behind arguably the worst offensive line in the league and still flirted with 1000

He's GOTTA work on being more secure and know when to go down; I'd also love if he could catch a ball in space, but I can't completely blame that on him because JS couldn't properly throw one in space either. But the former two are the next steps he can make to being an elite back. 

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I like 'em.  Oh, wait.  You mean the running back.  Yeah he's pretty good too.  Congrats.

5 hours ago, shabby said:

I'm thinking our running games going to be back on track next year

I do too.  I was a Whitlow doubter, but he's grown and shown toughness.

Ok someone tell me if we would line Bo Jackson up In his prime and tell him every play to run in between the guards and the defense build a steel wall between the guards , how much yardage do you think Bo will get ?  Everyone keeps talking about better running back and better OL and this will help us. It won’t . Until we learn to run better plays we are not going to be sucessful. If we can’t be successful throwing the ball or working the perimeter then teams like uat, uga, tam, LSU and others will just stack the the center of the field. As long as Gus continues to run long developing plays with the guards and tackles pulling all the way across the field we won’t be sucessful. Today’s DLs are fast enough to shoot the gap the OL leaves when they pull and tackle the runner from behind. To be sucessful we have to be potent in all phases and make them spread to cover it all. We have to be willing and able to throw against them till they pull out of the middle. Then we will be sucessful. Gus thinks the answer is to just keep running into the wall and hope it breaks.

Im looking foward to Boobie and Shivers the next couple of years. Say what you want about Asa but I thought SS and JW were our best 2 backs by far. 

19 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Ok someone tell me if we would line Bo Jackson up In his prime and tell him every play to run in between the guards and the defense build a steel wall between the guards , how much yardage do you think Bo will get ?  Everyone keeps talking about better running back and better OL and this will help us. It won’t . Until we learn to run better plays we are not going to be sucessful. If we can’t be successful throwing the ball or working the perimeter then teams like uat, uga, tam, LSU and others will just stack the the center of the field. As long as Gus continues to run long developing plays with the guards and tackles pulling all the way across the field we won’t be sucessful. Today’s DLs are fast enough to shoot the gap the OL leaves when they pull and tackle the runner from behind. To be sucessful we have to be potent in all phases and make them spread to cover it all. We have to be willing and able to throw against them till they pull out of the middle. Then we will be sucessful. Gus thinks the answer is to just keep running into the wall and hope it breaks.

Take this Bo couldn't rack up a million yards running between the guards talk over to the Turd board, sir.  Bo Jackson could rack up a bazillion yards running between the guards right flipping now.............................  because Bo freaking Jackson.

Archived