Baseball tickets

AU64

Got my invitation to buy tickets for the upcoming season and noted that the ball park is nearly sold out except for singles and some tickets along the first base line.  That surprised me and I wonder if baseball is like basketball....people buy season tickets which are pretty reasonable considering the number of games ($195) and then only go to a few game....maybe conference game or Sunday afternoon or?    

I recall last season watching games on TV that were sold out and empty seats everywhere....like we see in basketball.

Looks to me like whether you have tickets or not, it's a good bet you can get them at the game about anytime you want?   :dunno:    A college baseball game is a good few hours of entertainment and the price is right if you want to take kids to the campus and enjoy an afternoon. 

When I was a student I always bought season baseball. Games were like a dollar each I think. The price was reasonable but the theory was that I had tickets for the big series even if I skipped all the OOC games. I'd guess this theory would be in play with non-students also.

I usually had a Friday class that got out around the time games started also so I'd go catch the game and some sunshine post class. Friday games were usually the ones that had the fewest people cause they had 3pm start times.

Some series you won't be able to get them (together at least) but many people sit behind the stadium on the slope and watch (unless they've raised the fence). Havn't been to a game in about 5 years.

I am really hoping to make the trip up to Auburn for a game. I bought tournament tickets when Auburn played in Pensacola a couple of years ago but haven't been able to go to a game since then.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:20 PM, Tigerbelle said:

I am really hoping to make the trip up to Auburn for a game. I bought tournament tickets when Auburn played in Pensacola a couple of years ago but haven't been able to go to a game since then.

Great fun...I was in Pensacola and previously in Port Charlotte for the early games...….too bad we are not doing that this season.....watched 5 games in 3 days.....close to baseball over-load but had a great time. 

25 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Great fun...I was in Pensacola and previously in Port Charlotte for the early games...….too bad we are not doing that this season.....watched 5 games in 3 days.....close to baseball over-load but had a great time. 

We had a great time! Auburn lost both games that I attended....but I still had fun. That ballpark is just beautiful.

On 12/13/2018 at 12:59 PM, AU64 said:

Got my invitation to buy tickets for the upcoming season and noted that the ball park is nearly sold out except for singles and some tickets along the first base line.  That surprised me and I wonder if baseball is like basketball....people buy season tickets which are pretty reasonable considering the number of games ($195) and then only go to a few game....maybe conference game or Sunday afternoon or?    

I recall last season watching games on TV that were sold out and empty seats everywhere....like we see in basketball.

Looks to me like whether you have tickets or not, it's a good bet you can get them at the game about anytime you want?   :dunno:    A college baseball game is a good few hours of entertainment and the price is right if you want to take kids to the campus and enjoy an afternoon. 

I believe this is about same for all sports.  Season ticket holders hit the big games, conference games and some of the others - guarantees the seats for those games by having season tickets - only way to get tickets for the Bama game (in football when we are home) is by buying the season tickets.  I have softball and women's basketball season tickets and go all the games (OOC, small school) as much as I can (live 15 minutes from the campus, work keeps me out of men's basketball so that buying season tickets is not worth it). I have seen so much less attendance for the OOC and smaller school games.

One of the things AU has done recently, for those that can't make the games is make transferring the tickets to someone else easier, to try and get more folks into the games if the season ticket holder can't make the game.

If you enjoy baseball and live close you can’t beat season tickets, it is about $6.30 a game. I agree in that, the success of a program breads interest and ticket sales. CBT is really doing good things, it also helps when your ace goes #1 in the MLB draft.  This will be my second year with season tickets and am looking forward to the new season. Tanner Burns is poised to take over after Casey Mize!!

On 12/30/2018 at 2:39 AM, AlaskanFAN said:

Tanner Burns is poised to take over after Casey Mize!!

Also expecting @Tigerbelle ‘s guy Davis Daniel to come smokin’ out of the gate with that new found weapon...96 mph at the top of the zone. Will be pulling for him to be the dominant closer so big Cody can move into the weekend starting rotation. I’m looking for Double D to push his draft stock way up. ‘19 should be fun. 

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Also expecting @Tigerbelle ‘s guy Davis Daniel to come smokin’ out of the gate with that new found weapon...96 mph at the top of the zone. Will be pulling for him to be the dominant closer so big Cody can move into the weekend starting rotation. I’m looking for Double D to push his draft stock way up. ‘19 should be fun. 

I am so excited about DD and the rest of the pitching staff for 2019. We are in for a fun ride. I'm also curious to see what Big Canada has in store for us at the plate. He's an interesting kid. Lots of new faces for 2019. Can't wait to see what CBT has planned for this 2019 season. 

I just love watching DD throw, and his resurgence is one of the best stories from AU baseball last season. That kid is so loaded with talent and CBT has done an amazing job with him. I can't wait to see DD in action again. 

I love baseball.....I love Auburn baseball the most. These next 6 weeks will seem endless...lol. 

Archived