Last Call for the Gus Bus?

autigeremt

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/14/2018 at 2:00 PM, aubiefifty said:

i will pull for Auburn regardless of who might be coaching. i believe in loyalty even when i think we can do better. and i hope any auburn fans that pull against auburn burn in hell along with timmies hamster..................

Don't you mean loyAUlty? lol

On 12/14/2018 at 12:29 PM, aucanucktiger said:

I still have an "Auburn Fast" tshirt from 2013 when our HUNH (combined with Nick's amazing play action skills) made really good D's look really slow. I'd like to see Gus use tempo again in a meaningful way.

War Eagle!

That just isn't coaching it takes players as well. The Oline is really going to need improvement. Also, Gatewood needs to explode or a transfer come in or Nicks speed isn't going to be there.

The Gus Bus is back for 2019. May as well be on board because that's the ride. I for one hope it's pedal to the metal. Bring back the offense of 2009. Or 2010. Or 2013 and 2014. Do what we do and do it well...at ludicrous speed!

War Eagle!

On edit...

Anyone else note that there is more than a passing resemblance between Rick Moranis in Spaceballs and Malzahn?  Maybe Malzahn is Moranis on stilts. :)

I’m off. No way I’m getting back on. Moved towards the exit the  tail end of 2014 when I realized CGM only has one game plan and is basically too stubborn to adjust.  Jumped completely off game 1 against UL when I saw a qb that had been groomed personally by CGM look as if he’d never seen a live defense.  

CGM taking over the play calling is similar to IHOP changing its name. It was still IHOP and they eventually changed their name back bc it was a marketing ploy. Don’t fall for the trick of CGM calling plays. He’s been doing it all alone. Remember the Coxcat and it’s reappearance this year. 

All sec coaches know Gus, read his book, know his tendencies, defenses know how to stop him.

He is probably a very easy coach to prepare for. He has even said as much, teams know what we are going to run, their job is to stop it.

Well they have and Gus didn't think about that part or what to do when that happens.

I think my excitement goes as far as who he starts. If he starts Willis, I’d probably be anxious at best just because I don’t know if Gus will ever trust him truly. If he starts Cord I probably would concede the season. If he starts Bo, id need someone to assure to me Gus plans on implementing a 2011 or newer route tree to feel good good. I think Gatewood is a good fit if we’re just running athlete ball, which seems to usually be our best bet 

The RB core is gonna need at least one more GOOD rb commit, but you can salvage that. WR core, great. OLine, lol. Still, everything aside from the OL should be so above solid, we SHOULD at least end up with a top 5 offense in conf

Couldn’t start a new thread on this so I decided to ask here.  Any chance we get  Justin Fields? I think he’d look great in orange and blue. And we would all be like “Who’s Kelly Bryant?”

Archived