Ideas for the Program

AUght2win

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Bama's Thunderstruck has always been outta style homie. U of A could teach a how-to on terrible gameday experience. Dated music, fans that don't cheer, empty student section, screaming the F word during a country song.

Swag Surfin (when the stadium sways) and All I do is Win have been awesome rap songs for Auburn. 

I remember all I do is win back in 2010.... Awesome ....but to me my heart goes to "eye of the tiger" 

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Bama's Thunderstruck has always been outta style homie. U of A could teach a how-to on terrible gameday experience. Dated music, fans that don't cheer, empty student section, screaming the F word during a country song.

Swag Surfin (when the stadium sways) and All I do is Win have been awesome rap songs for Auburn. 

You crazy man. Those songs were made for stadium pump up. All I do is win is that one hip hop song that seems to work. But I think part of that has to do with the fact that you can actually tell what they're saying(hip hop seems to translate poorly to jumbo Tron sound systems) and the other half has to do with the situation it was played in. All I do is Win lost its luster when we started getting beat again. 

6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Personally, I have always thought this was the most goosebump-inducing sports intro I have ever witnessed.

100%. It is perfect and it will never be topped. 

16 hours ago, AUght2win said:

And not sure Crazy Train is striking fear into any 18-20 year olds.

This. We did Crazy Train for a couple of years (2013 and 2014 I think).

7 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I actually like Thunderstruck because of the booming heavyness of the refrain. Crazy Train is really too tame.

But as for old out of date heavy metal songs, sometimes they work. Maybe I'm too old, but this gets me excited:

I remember before the 2013 season there was a thread on tunnel video songs. I wanted this, because I had funny feeling that year the SEC West was going to come down to the Iron Bowl. But the kids today only know LL Cool J as "that guy from NCIS: Los Angeles."

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

the other half has to do with the situation it was played in. All I do is Win lost its luster when we started getting beat again. 

Agreed. Lightning in a bottle. Play that one again when we win a national championship. Until then, leave it on the shelf.

They played it at the Benz the other night after United won the Cup. That was cool. 

10 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Personally, I have always thought this was the most goosebump-inducing sports intro I have ever witnessed.

Sorry about your brick wall bro, I just Kool-Aid man'd through it

15 hours ago, AUght2win said:

With alternates it is tricky. Auburn is nationally televised probably around 6 times a year. So that is our chance to show the nation the brand. Let's assume we go with alts there. We would be spending 1/6th of that precious national time wearing an alternate. Sometimes I watch Virginia Tech or UGA or LSU or Nebraska and wonder who the hell is even on the screen. It waters down their brand. Makes them look cheap, like minor league baseball teams. 

Imagine if the Yankees spent a big chunk of their season wearing alternate uniforms. It would diminish the reverence for the classics. I would love to do it, but only A day or during a cupcake game.

Respectfully disagree. That 1.5 seconds it took you to look at the scoreboard in the corner of the screen to determine who might be playing after a quick initial "wth" isn't a big deal towards hurting our brand IMO. It's not like people are like "OH GROSS WHO IS PLAYING IN THIS GAME? CHANGE THE CHANNEL ASAP!"

As I personally see it, If teams with more history than us like Notre Dame can switch up the uniforms who are we to poo-poo the idea? Seems we are making too big of a deal of it when the kids who are actually the ones wearing the jersey will like it. Not to mention there's some additional revenue to be gobbled up by selling an exclusive Under Armour alternate jersey.

No ill will intended, friend. Just having some fun ;D

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Respectfully disagree. That 1.5 seconds it took you to look at the scoreboard in the corner of the screen to determine who might be playing after a quick initial "wth" isn't a big deal towards hurting our brand IMO. It's not like people are like "OH GROSS WHO IS PLAYING IN THIS GAME? CHANGE THE CHANNEL ASAP!"

As I personally see it, If teams with more history than us like Notre Dame can switch up the uniforms who are we to poo-poo the idea? Seems we are making too big of a deal of it when the kids who are actually the ones wearing the jersey will like it. Not to mention there's some additional revenue to be gobbled up by selling an exclusive Under Armour alternate jersey.

Free the full navy unis!

Otherwise, I have to admit to loving Auburn's stance on the unis. I don't know why. Especially since you're 100% correct about the players. 

image.jpeg

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Free the full navy unis!

Otherwise, I have to admit to loving Auburn's stance on the unis. I don't know why. Especially since you're 100% correct about the players. 

image.jpeg

Admittedly, the all navy's is the driving force behind my opinion of this. They just look toooo clean to not be used. Would look so badass under the lights at JHS. The navy helmet is also keeping a classy look IMO.

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Admittedly, the all navy's is the driving force behind my opinion of this. They just look toooo clean to not be used. Would look so badass under the lights at JHS. The navy helmet is also keeping a classy look IMO.

Exactly. It's still 100% Auburn. Clean and classy are exactly the right words. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Exactly. It's still 100% Auburn. Clean and classy are exactly the right words. 

It's definitely better than some of the looks we have actually put out there: Namely the orange shadow numbers lol

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Well I don't mean people are actually confused as to who is playing. "I saw this game last night. Georgia Tech was playing some team in Miami's stadium with Miami's colors, but it wasn't Miami." I'm saying it cheapens the brand. And it does for Notre Dame as well, whether people realize it or not. 

What's special about Auburn is every Saturday young men are suiting up in the same Tri-Stripe and Navy that Pat Sullivan did, that Bo Jackson did, that Cadillac did, that Cam did. It's an honor and a legacy that is timeless. Auburn doesn't have to bend to the times to try to be cool. It's bigger than that. That's at least the way it feels to me. Same with Yankee uniforms. Aaron Judge is wearing the same pinstripes Yogi Berra wore. That shows real power and pride, to respect your own tradition. 

Meanwhile, stuff like this screams "we have no history, we are desperate to look cool to 18 year olds".

USATSI_10346437-718x490.jpg

I think just going back to the regular, non metallic helmets would help a ton. It just looks dumb. Like our helmet is trying to be new age and the rest of the uniform hasn't caught up. I wouldn't be opposed to an orange Jersey or navy pants every now any then. 

Also.....its time for this cheap outdated wordmark to be gone. 

latest?cb=20131120030813

And replaced with this..

11093540.jpeg

Or this

11920251.jpeg

If your wordmark is a stock font on MS paint, you're doing it wrong.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Free the full navy unis!

image.jpeg

Those navies do look SHARP!!  I've also always like the idea of the navy helmet too.

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Well I don't mean people are actually confused as to who is playing. "I saw this game last night. Georgia Tech was playing some team in Miami's stadium with Miami's colors, but it wasn't Miami." I'm saying it cheapens the brand. And it does for Notre Dame as well, whether people realize it or not. 

What's special about Auburn is every Saturday young men are suiting up in the same Tri-Stripe and Navy that Pat Sullivan did, that Bo Jackson did, that Cadillac did, that Cam did. It's an honor and a legacy that is timeless. Auburn doesn't have to bend to the times to try to be cool. It's bigger than that. That's at least the way it feels to me. Same with Yankee uniforms. Aaron Judge is wearing the same pinstripes Yogi Berra wore. That shows real power and pride, to respect your own tradition. 

Meanwhile, stuff like this screams "we have no history, we are desperate to look cool to 18 year olds".

Good Lord those UF uniforms are an eyesore!

35 minutes ago, Grimnir said:

Good Lord those UF uniforms are an eyesore!

The bad thing is kids genuinely do love it. What's gross is that colleges are now going all out to appeal to them, instead of the other way around. 

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I'm actually on your side here.  I'm one of those "old" fogies, I guess.

I would not mind the yearly "throwback" game as 70-ish+ years and further back, Auburn did have some different threads.

That would be cool on homecoming or against an SEC team willing to do the same.

4 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm actually on your side here.  I'm one of those "old" fogies, I guess.

I would not mind the yearly "throwback" game as 70-ish+ years and further back, Auburn did have some different threads.

That would be cool on homecoming or against an SEC team willing to do the same.

Probably in the minority for this but I wouldn't mind the mesh jersey as a throwback for a game. May not be legal now but it's my first memory of an Auburn jersey so it's pretty special to me. 

Screenshot_20181217-215907~2.png

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Probably in the minority for this but I wouldn't mind the mesh jersey as a throwback for a game. May not be legal now but it's my first memory of an Auburn jersey so it's pretty special to me. 

They could probably make a modern jersey that actually LOOKS like that but isn't mesh. Might be weird, but they could actually screen print the shoulder pads onto the uniforms. Bringing back the mesh look is a cool idea!

8 hours ago, gr82be said:

Not only did I LOVE the mesh but I say bring back the tear-aways!!!

Archived