Gus Music City Bowl Presser: 12-13-18 (All Threads Merged)

toddc

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And, for me, that cements my theory that the writers who write stories for Auburn are liars, are biased, and are out to ruin our recruiting. I wonder if you looked at their bank accounts if you would see some extra money in there from some Alabama boosters...yeah, that's a conspiracy theory for ya.

Doesn't excuse a bad season, don't get me wrong, but this kind of stuff makes me mad! 

Open records requests would confirm one way or another. These "reporters" need to do their homework. If they didn't, they should all be fired.

All public institutions have to supply records of any written conversations, emails, texts, etc., if requested.

The truth is out there. I am not sure we will ever know it. I tend to think PM is the better of all of the journalists who cover Auburn football. The other ones do leave a bit to be desired.

Odd thing is not this most recent episode of dirtbag writers libeling Auburn, its why the school didn't immediately and sternly refute the lies and (sadly) how many poster on this board ran with Josh Moon et al. Gus Malzahn's contract is a public record - this is very easy to confirm or refute. 

1 minute ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Open records requests would confirm one way or another. These "reporters" need to do their homework. If they didn't, they should all be fired.

I don’t think there’s a (record to request) whether anything happened or not. But I don’t think Gus would stand there and lie about it. 

1 minute ago, aucanucktiger said:

Odd thing is not this most recent episode of dirtbag writers libeling Auburn, its why the school didn't immediately and sternly refute the lies and (sadly) how many poster on this board ran with Josh Moon et al.

This is a good point. Auburn needs to defend itself more vehemently from these dirtbags. We need a hotshot lawyer or media guru to take care of this kind of business!

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

I don’t think there’s a (record to request) whether anything happened or not. But I don’t think Gus would stand there and lie about it. 

Auburn could state whether or not any request was made to see records. Call them out as liars.

Just now, auburnphan said:

Just because he didn't sign it doesn't mean it wasn't discussed.  

If it was discussed, he called the bluff and they are defeated probably to the point of embarrassment. So this will go away. I think it’s a planted rumor to hurt recruiting 

7 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Just because he didn't sign it doesn't mean it wasn't discussed.  

The reporters said that he had to renegotiate to keep his job. Gus said he was never told that. If it was discussed, they backed off of the keeping his job part, or that was never in there. Either way, these guys are out to harm Auburn.

Just now, alexava said:

If it was discussed, he called the bluff and they are defeated probably to the point of embarrassment. So this will go away. I think it’s a planted rumor to hurt recruiting 

could be.  The entire board was in agreement that he would be stupid to take the offer.  I just thought it was interesting that he denied having a new contract but not the fact that there may have been discussions. 

I think he  got his contract changed.  This is Gus doing damage control.  Come.  Stidham regressed.   He never uses the tight end.  Passing game is based on screens and deep passes. If Gus doesnt produce in a big way next year he is gone.  I bet there is SERIOUS NEGATIVE RECRUITING against Gus right now. He is trying to keep his recruits from being poached.   The Asa Martin situation has more thn likely  hurt him too.

1 minute ago, 3rdgeneration said:

The reporters said that he had to renegotiate to keep his job. Gus said he was never told that. If it was discussed, they backed off of the keeping his job part, or that was never in there. Either way, these guys are out to harm Auburn.

I respect your opinion, but the truth almost always lies somewhere in the middle.  I am pretty confident that both Gus and board members were leaking to the media.  I know without a doubt there was a "sh#tshow" happening behind the scenes.

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

could be.  The entire board was in agreement that he would be stupid to take the offer.  I just thought it was interesting that he denied having a new contract but not the fact that there may have been discussions. 

He didn’t deny any discussion but he said he was not told he would have to change his contract to keep his job. That’s really the only way to have that (potential) discussion. By threatening to fire him if he didn’t change his contract. 

At any rate, there's a paper trail if that did, in fact, happen. If the reporters did not request any paperwork, which would include any hand-written notes, they should be called out as liars. It is common to do open records requests (my husband is in government and has one on his desk at this very moment). It would take major nerve on Gus's part to say his job was not threatened, if it was and it was in writing somewhere.

Probably some booster who wanted Gus out and said what they thought he should do and passed it off to writers as fact when it was never discussed in the first place. At least not by the ones who matter.

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

Probably some booster who wanted Gus out and said what they thought he should do and passed it off to writers as fact when it was never discussed in the first place. At least not by the ones who matter.

This is the most likely scenario and al.com took it and ran with it...Is Josh Moon at al.com? I don't even know.

Changed or not, if you watch the press conference that was released on YouTube a hour ago, Gus looks like he has aged 20 years in the last month.

Also I find it extremely interesting that everyone in this thread is acting like this this is 100% the truth, when they have been saying you can't trust anything on al.com but now that it fits your narrative, it's the TRUTH. LoL wow y'all are some flip-flopping folks

7 minutes ago, alexava said:

He didn’t deny any discussion but he said he was not told he would have to change his contract to keep his job. That’s really the only way to have that (potential) discussion. By threatening to fire him if he didn’t change his contract. 

I normal situations yes, this one seemed to be anything but that.  You also have to consider the arrogance of those involved.  I think there was smoke for a reason.  There was a lengthy failure to respond to rumors quickly for a reason.  Or there is just complete incompetence everywhere.

Whether any of this stuff happened Gus stood up for himself and said the things he needed to say.  He could have given a bunch of nothing statements but came out and sounded like a man in control.  Good for him

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Changed or not, if you watch the press conference that was released on YouTube a hour ago, Gus looks like he has aged 20 years in the last month.

Also I find it extremely interesting that ALMOST everyone in this thread is acting like this this is 100% the truth, when they have been saying you can't trust anything on al.com but now that it fits your narrative, it's the TRUTH. LoL wow y'all are some flip-flopping folks

FIFY   

Archived