Gus Music City Bowl Presser: 12-13-18 (All Threads Merged)

toddc

Still don't like al.com. And filming a press conference is different than writing a story.

Thanks, y'all, for being respectful to my ranting and raving. I'm on steroids for a sinus infection. I guess I'm feeling a little like Reuben Foster feels on a regular basis. :pcprobs:

ROID RAGE!!!

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Still don't like al.com. And filming a press conference is different than writing a story.

Thanks, y'all, for being respectful to my ranting and raving. I'm on steroids for a sinus infection. I guess I'm feeling a little like Reuben Foster feels on a regular basis. :pcprobs:

ROID RAGE!!!

Wow 3rd Gen.  Spicy!  Nice uat Zinger!!!

I hope you feel better soon!!!

Regardless of his contract status...

I suspect the expectations are through the roof for '19, so even if his contract hasn't changed, his PRODUCTION needs to change.  

Good luck Gus.  Here's hoping you turn it around.

Gus said what he had to say to try and save recruiting. The early signing period is about to be here. WtH did you people expect him to say? Yes they forced me to renegotiate my contract. Yes they hamstrung me. Give me a break. That OC hire sure makes it seem like EVERYTHING is FINE now doesn't it?

On a familiar front...

Here is a quote from the article...

"But I will tell you this, we’ve got really a lot to look forward to next year. We’ve got the majority of our team coming back. Recruiting is going really good. Not just good but really good."

That SURE doesn't sound familiar does it?

He said his peace, and said it vehemently, about the rumors of his contract not being true! I think the reason recruiting hasn’t seemed to suffer is because he could tell the recruits it just wasn’t true, and he set the record straight for all the Gus haters who ran with it too!

10 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Gus said what he had to say to try and save recruiting. The early signing period is about to be here. WtH did you people expect him to say? Yes they forced me to renegotiate my contract. Yes they hamstrung me. Give me a break. That OC hire sure makes it seem like EVERYTHING is FINE now doesn't it?

On a familiar front...

Here is a quote from the article...

"But I will tell you this, we’ve got really a lot to look forward to next year. We’ve got the majority of our team coming back. Recruiting is going really good. Not just good but really good."

That SURE doesn't sound familiar does it?

I would have gotten back on the bus if he’d said the future is bright! 🤪

15 minutes ago, toddc said:

I think the reason recruiting hasn’t seemed to suffer 

You are kidding right? We have had a single commitment since around  August. But sure. It hasn't suffered at all from the play this season, it hasn't suffered from the mess since the Bama game, and it CERTAINLY won't suffer from them botching Asa's redshirt.

10 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I would have gotten back on the bus if he’d said the future is bright! 🤪

I'm really surprised he didn't. He said all but that though. I mean he did say "We have a lot to look forward to next year." Not that different than "the future is bright."

Good so now how don’t have to feel any type of sympathy for him. My mind is clear now lol. Better see some improvement Mr. Top Tier Contract.

35 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Changed or not, if you watch the press conference that was released on YouTube a hour ago, Gus looks like he has aged 20 years in the last month.

Also I find it extremely interesting that everyone in this thread is acting like this this is 100% the truth, when they have been saying you can't trust anything on al.com but now that it fits your narrative, it's the TRUTH. LoL wow y'all are some flip-flopping folks

You are correct about him looking aged. I noticed that quickly.

There’s been a lot of things driving by narrative and not much else for the past few weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You are kidding right? We haven't had a single commitment since around the summer. But sure. It hasn't suffered at all from the play this season, it hasn't suffered from the mess since the Bama game, and it CERTAINLY won't suffer from them botching Asa's redshirt.

I'm really surprised he didn't. He said all but that though. I mean he did say "We have a lot to look forward to next year." Not that different than "the future is bright."

Our recruiting class hasn’t suffered, really. Could’ve been much worse. We haven’t lost anybody and we still have a realistic shot at a couple four star backs, and some others. Won’t get the OL we need but all in all, could’ve been much worse. 

11 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Our recruiting class hasn’t suffered, really. Could’ve been much worse. We haven’t lost anybody and we still have a realistic shot at a couple four star backs, and some others. Won’t get the OL we need but all in all, could’ve been much worse. 

You are right. It could of been worse. And I edited this after I posted it because we have had 1 since August. But I can't remember the last time we went through the entire season with 1 commitment. It could of been worse but it's still suffered since the season started.

56 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Changed or not, if you watch the press conference that was released on YouTube a hour ago, Gus looks like he has aged 20 years in the last month.

Also I find it extremely interesting that everyone in this thread is acting like this this is 100% the truth, when they have been saying you can't trust anything on al.com but now that it fits your narrative, it's the TRUTH. LoL wow y'all are some flip-flopping folks

It was stupid...who in the hell would take less than 32 million guaranteed. We want you to take less money or we are gonna make your job a nightmare. Ok go ahead but you still gotta pay me and I ain’t taking a dime less. If you  that big and bad gimme my 32 mill and I’ll have my office cleaned out by 5. It seemed like someone on a street payphone calling Moon and others stiring all this crap up. Greene was quiet because it was nothing to talk about. Leath was off in DC, while somebody else was down in Auburn cooking up this mess. It was just hard to believe from the start.

49 minutes ago, toddc said:

He said his peace, and said it vehemently, about the rumors of his contract not being true! I think the reason recruiting hasn’t seemed to suffer is because he could tell the recruits it just wasn’t true, and he set the record straight for all the Gus haters who ran with it too!

Bingo....

37 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Gee...even bama has had more decommits than AU...why is that?

1 hour ago, alexava said:

He didn’t deny any discussion but he said he was not told he would have to change his contract to keep his job. That’s really the only way to have that (potential) discussion. By threatening to fire him if he didn’t change his contract. 

Well, when you have the guarantee of a $32 million buyout, you can afford to say "eff you" when given an ultimatum. That's probably a big reason for "not having to change the contract."

Auburn has one of the least factual beat writing teams in all of sports man. I dont know how many times Ive been excited only to be let down since Ive followed this team's inner workings through the internet

Josh Moon and Marcello should have their pay docked

1 hour ago, toddc said:

I recall a thousand or so posts last week questioning. Never saw a single person "run with it". Not one. Still the best fan base in the world even though about five if you hate it.

I still find it laughable that either of those two clowns actually get paid for what they call reporting! They both have a track record of throwing stuff against the wall to see if any of it sticks. I cannot stand Slimebomb, but back in the day before he decided to become the SEC version of Jaws, he was an equal opportunity investigative reporter who dotted his i's and crossed his t's. The two clowns are shortcut takers of the nth degree!

21 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Auburn has one of the least factual beat writing teams in all of sports man. I dont know how many times Ive been excited only to be let down since Ive followed this team's inner workings through the internet

Josh Moon and Marcello should have their pay docked

Did they even break the OC hire? Holy crap. Can’t wait to hear the spin on Twitter from them.

Ol Gus is like the last dude at the party who overstays his welcome and cannot take a hint AND JUST LEAVE!!!!!!! No one wants him here and he is to much of a tone deaf introvert he cannot READ THE ROOM MAN. I am glad we only have 1 more year of this. Gus has lost the support of the fans and the Board sans for 1 stubborn dude in raymond and the president who only wanted to keep him to save face and his own ass from looking like a even bigger fool than he already does. Gus is never going to win the fanbase back unless he has 3 seasons in a row of 10 win seasons and if there is 1 thing about Malzahn we know is certain it is that he is maddening inconsistent and will follow up a good season with a poor one. Also leave Marcello alone. It was Phillip Marshall not him who reported the lowering of the buyout. I see Marcello taking a beating when it was not even him who reported it. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ol Gus is like the last dude at the party who overstays his welcome and cannot take a hint AND JUST LEAVE!!!!!!! No one wants him here and he is to much of a tone deaf introvert he cannot READ THE ROOM MAN. I am glad we only have 1 more year of this. Gus has lost the support of the fans and the Board sans for 1 stubborn dude in raymond and the president who only wanted to keep him to save face and his own ass from looking like a even bigger fool than he already does. Gus is never going to win the fanbase back unless he has 3 seasons in a row of 10 win seasons and if there is 1 thing about Malzahn we know is certain it is that he is maddening inconsistent and will follow up a good season with a poor one. Also leave Marcello alone. It was Phillip Marshall not him who reported the lowering of the buyout. I see Marcello taking a beating when it was not even him who reported it. 

No he hasn’t made to many friends on the plain I imagine . He will be a very rich man once he leaves. And yes, I do think he will get fired next year unfortunately, but hoping for the best. However, I wouldn’t just leave money on the table either lol.

Archived