Gus Music City Bowl Presser: 12-13-18 (All Threads Merged)

toddc

1 minute ago, DAG said:

No he hasn’t made to many friends on the plain I imagine . He will be a very rich man once he leaves. And yes, I do think he will get fired next year unfortunately, but hoping for the best. However, I wouldn’t just leave money on the table either lol.

For the sake of the morale of this fanbase we need him fired. Everyone is frustrated for the most part. Everyone is tired of him and ready for a change. A fresh start. A new beginning. WE NEED HOPE!!!! Gus has cast a dark shadow over the football program where there is no buzz and excitement. Everyone is pissed TF off and it will continue to get worse honestly. This offseason will be the most apathetic one surrounded AU football in a long time. 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, auburnphan said:

The entire board was in agreement 

Pretty sure that’s never happened regarding anything

9 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

wow y'all are some flip-flopping folks

Don't worry, I will lead you on the path to the light.

Step%20Over%20the%20Rope%20Fall.gif

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

WE NEED HOPE!!!! Gus has cast a dark shadow over the football program where there is no buzz and excitement. Everyone is pissed TF off and it will continue to get worse honestly. This offseason will be the most apathetic one surrounded AU football in a long time. 

I wouldn't say that necessarily.  Within the program it seems to be a different story, especially on the recruiting trail.  Here is an excerpt of an article and a quote from George Pickens that I found interesting:

Pickens, a 4-star prospect from Hoover and ranked among the nation's top 50 prospects, said the questions swirling around Malzhan had him "moving away from Auburn."  Then, he met with Malzahn in Auburn last weekend.  "After I talked to him, it really changed," Pickens said Thursday as he arrived in Montgomery to play in the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Classic. "It let me know nothing was really wrong."

8 hours ago, AU64 said:

Gee...even bama has had more decommits than AU...why is that?

Yeah, let's pretend that our recruiting is in the same stratosphere as Bamas. LoL

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ol Gus is like the last dude at the party who overstays his welcome and cannot take a hint AND JUST LEAVE!!!!!!! No one wants him here and he is to much of a tone deaf introvert he cannot READ THE ROOM MAN. I am glad we only have 1 more year of this. Gus has lost the support of the fans and the Board sans for 1 stubborn dude in raymond and the president who only wanted to keep him to save face and his own ass from looking like a even bigger fool than he already does. Gus is never going to win the fanbase back unless he has 3 seasons in a row of 10 win seasons and if there is 1 thing about Malzahn we know is certain it is that he is maddening inconsistent and will follow up a good season with a poor one. Also leave Marcello alone. It was Phillip Marshall not him who reported the lowering of the buyout. I see Marcello taking a beating when it was not even him who reported it. 

People keep saying next year he is gone without a doubt....how much does the buyout go down?? I also see the vitriol towards Leath, which is fine after all he is in charge. However in my opinion he does not want Auburn University to pay the 32 mill buyout. Therefore if all those so called boosters ( who want him gone) just need to cut the check for Gus, his assistants as well as the money for the next coach. Otherwise they need to sit down and not leak garbage stories to Moon and others. Just a weird set of events to only find out Gus never was told to reduce his buyout, at least not by anyone that matters.

Just now, PoetTiger said:

People keep saying next year he is gone without a doubt....how much does the buyout go down?? I also see the vitriol towards Leath, which is fine after all he is in charge. However in my opinion he does not want Auburn University to pay the 32 mill buyout. Therefore if all those so called boosters ( who want him gone) just need to cut the check for Gus, his assistants as well as the money for the next coach. Otherwise they need to sit down and not leak garbage stories to Moon and others. Just a weird set of events to only find out Gus never was told to reduce his buyout, at least not by anyone that matters.

I doubt its "without a doubt"  he still has the power to win games.   Its amazing what winning does to complainers.   

3 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Yeah, let's pretend that our recruiting is in the same stratosphere as Bamas. LoL

It’s not. But with all the alleged turmoil, and their success it’s seems surrreal that Auburn has not lost a commit with all the negative news going on from a few weeks ago.

11 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

And, for me, that cements my theory that the writers who write stories for Auburn are liars, are biased, and are out to ruin our recruiting. I wonder if you looked at their bank accounts if you would see some extra money in there from some Alabama boosters...yeah, that's a conspiracy theory for ya.

Doesn't excuse a bad season, don't get me wrong, but this kind of stuff makes me mad! 

Good Lord. If Gus goes 7-5 this year and loses his job I'd bet that AU won't pay him the entire buyout. 

10 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I respect your opinion, but the truth almost always lies somewhere in the middle.  I am pretty confident that both Gus and board members were leaking to the media.  I know without a doubt there was a "sh#tshow" happening behind the scenes.

Fact. But change this to Gus's people not Gus. 

24 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Again, I will point out that just a few days ago everyone said they didn't believe the stories in al.com now people do. LoL y'all don't see it do you? I'll also point out AGAIN that just because Gus said this isn't true doesn't mean it isn't. Gus hasn't exactly been know to be exactly honest in his tenure. It's almost the early signing period. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT HIM TO SAY in his 1st press conference since getting beat by 30?Also he basically called Asa's mom a liar. That's going to go over well with the parents of prospective recruits. Hey, we may botch your son's redshirt, and then if you dare say anything about it, we will call you a liar. Gotta love ole Gus. He sure does what he can to make himself look better, doesn't matter who he calls a liar.

22 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

I doubt its "without a doubt"  he still has the power to win games.   Its amazing what winning does to complainers.   

I'll be honest, we could win the playoffs and I'm still done with him. Because yeah we may win then, but the next year, it's gonna be back to 4, 5, or 6 losses. I'm over the bipolar status of this program under Gus. Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it. That saying didn't come about and become so widely known and used  because it isn't right.

11 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

It’s not. But with all the alleged turmoil, and their success it’s seems surrreal that Auburn has not lost a commit with all the negative news going on from a few weeks ago.

Well,  "ALL THOSE" decommitments haven't seemed to hurt them much. 

But you are right as I said last night it IS incredible we haven't lost any, but we haven't gained but 1 recruit since the season started...and it was a 3 star. I know I know stars don't matter. But you don't compete with UGA and BAMA with 3 stars... Not while they are stockpiling high 4s and 5s. One of them have 1 3 star committed while the other has a grand total of 2. 

Screenshot_20181214-071547.png

11 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I'll be honest, we could win the playoffs and I'm still done with him. Because yeah we may win then, but the next year, it's gonna be back to 4, 5, or 6 losses. I'm over the bipolar status of this program under Gus. Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it. That saying didn't come about and become so widely known and used  because it isn't right.

I think if he puts together a decent season 10 wins  he will keep his job.  If you see him evolving  (as doubtful as it may seem) that would encourage me.  Another saying is also very useful  "they devil you know is better than the devil you dont know"  There is no guarantee with Auburns history that they would hire a "better/established" coach. 

I tried to tell Y’all but you would not listen.

Notice how the Josh Moon religious cult followers on here, are really, really quiet!

17 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

I think if he puts together a decent season 10 wins  he will keep his job.  If you see him evolving  (as doubtful as it may seem) that would encourage me.  Another saying is also very useful  "they devil you know is better than the devil you dont know"  There is no guarantee with Auburns history that they would hire a "better/established" coach. 

Splitting hairs here but I've never heard that saying before... It's not on par with the saying about history. 

And yeah maybe if we see growth as a coach my opinion about him may change, but one season won't do it. He needs multiple seasons in succession with less than 3 losses. Which is something he has never done at Auburn save for year 1. So I won't hold my breath... Because I think we will be EXTREMELY lucky to make it to a bowl game next season, and wouldn't surprise me for us to start 2-4 next season

11 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

its why the school didn't immediately and sternly refute the lies

Anyone get back to you about this? Because until we find this out, I'm not so sure they were lies. Just like the Asa Martin situation. 

7 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

There will be no 10 wins.

There will be no evololution.

"No guarantee" as an excuse for not making needed changes?  Anyone with that attitude should be fired.  

24 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Fact. But change this to Gus's people not Gus. 

This is what people don't understand. The coaches almost always maintain plausible deniability. They don't do the dirty work. That's what they have handlers and fixers for.

Of course Bob Stoops didn't talk to Auburn. But somebody representing him might have. 

9 hours ago, AU64 said:

Gee...even bama has had more decommits than AU...why is that?

It's not LBS when I say that it's usually because they're making room for better players. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

It's not LBS when I say that it's usually because they're making room for better players. 

Facts and all loof. But I didn't want to be the one to say it

21 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Well,  "ALL THOSE" decommitments haven't seemed to hurt them much. 

But you are right as I said last night it IS incredible we haven't lost any, but we haven't gained but 1 recruit since the season started...and it was a 3 star. I know I know stars don't matter. But you don't compete with UGA and BAMA with 3 stars... Not while they are stockpiling high 4s and 5s. One of them have 1 3 star committed while the other has a grand total of 2. 

Screenshot_20181214-071547.png

If Gus would stop “crapping the bed” on the field then would be right with these guys. We have proven that we can recruit. We just have to win and develop talent in order to sell like the big boys. Gus continues to get in his own way

Just now, CameronCrazy said:

If Gus would stop “crapping the bed” on the field then would be right with these guys. We have proven that we can recruit. We just have to win and develop talent in order to sell like the big boys. Gus continues to get in his own way

I 100% agree. I'd also add being able to keep the talent on the roster

Archived