Gus Music City Bowl Presser: 12-13-18 (All Threads Merged)

toddc

On 12/13/2018 at 9:05 PM, AUsince72 said:

Regardless of his contract status...

I suspect the expectations are through the roof for '19, so even if his contract hasn't changed, his PRODUCTION needs to change.  

Good luck Gus.  Here's hoping you turn it around.

The question is, will the additional pressure make Gus even more micromanaging than before, or will he let his new OC spread his wings?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

The question is, will the additional pressure make Gus even more micromanaging than before, or will he let his new OC spread his wings?

Well, he's already said that he's calling all the plays. As for how much he'll let Killy Dilly actually mentor the QBs, who knows. But I think 2019 is going to be more Gus than we've ever seen before. I don't think any offensive coach will be spreading any wings while he's the head coach. 

3 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Thankfully, he's already answered that question by openly stating that he will be calling plays.  Micromanage away....at your own risk CGM.

The "OC" is title only.  He's (supposedly/hopefully) the QB coach and will simply assist in the gameplanning (w/ Kodi).  Malzahn has already stated this.  Thankfully, it's probably the most transparent he's ever been with the media (and us fans).

36 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Thankfully, he's already answered that question by openly stating that he will be calling plays.  Micromanage away....at your own risk CGM.

The "OC" is title only.  He's (supposedly/hopefully) the QB coach and will simply assist in the gameplanning (w/ Kodi).  Malzahn has already stated this.  Thankfully, it's probably the most transparent he's ever been with the media (and us fans).

So, when something is been shown not to work, the corrective is to do the exact same thing, just 4x, 5x more/harder.    Seems legit.

2 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

So, when something is been shown not to work, the corrective is to do the exact same thing, just 4x, 5x more/harder.    Seems legit.

I ain't sayin' it's the best thing for him.

But I do think it's the best thing for the rest of us.

I want Auburn to be successful regardless of who is coaching.  But I'm fully off the bus so I want him to have no excuses and no vagueness as to "why".

15 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

incompetence-quote-1-picture-quote-1.jpg

Archived