Deshaun Davis on Joey Gatewood

gr82be

5 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

They've all got StockhAUlm Syndrome.  Gus has demoralized them and they've lowered their expectations. 

Either that or they don't process information as well as others.

I've always wondered why when a guy doesn't have the most athletic ability are viewed as the best qb's

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

The complete lack of development will eventually ruin his career under Gus

Y’all accuse Cole and I of tbe assumptions, but y’all make most of them. Facts!

13 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

A real coach could turn him into an NFL TE.

Gatewood deserves every chance to be QB. If Gatewood can’t cut it, he should see it himself. Others have. Terrell Pryor, shoelaces Robinson, Matt Jones, etc. It’s not up to Gus to turn him into an NFL TE. Besides that point, the second Gus tries that, Gatewood is already gone. 

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I've always wondered why when a guy doesn't have the most athletic ability are viewed as the best qb's

That's because you're unable to see the forest for the trees. 

No worries, 80%+ of the population have extremely low critical thinking skills so you're not alone.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Y’all accuse Cole and I of tbe assumotiins but y’all make most of them. 

Gatewood deserves every chance to be QB. If Gatewood can’t cut it, he should see it himself. Others have. Terrell Pryor, shoelaces Robinson, Matt Jones, etc. It’s not up to Gus to turn him into an NFL TE. Besides that point, the second Gus tries that, Gatewood is already gone. 

I rarely make assumptions.  I take in as many data points as possible, sort,/correlate/catalog and then look for Occam's Razor.

Tis why I am the Reader of Tea Leaves.

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If that's the case Bo sucks to and should move to full back or asst coach

Why?  He'll be the most polished QB on campus the moment he arrives. 

Your logical fallacies are amusing at least.

2 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

I rarely make assumptions

It’s been one after another from you. You could’ve fooled me...

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Y’all accuse Cole and I of tbe assumptions, but y’all make most of them. Facts!

Absolutely he should get a chance, I don't think anyone has argued otherwise.  Please, no strawmen today.

He'll be the most polished QB on campus the moment he arrives. 

Even if tbis assumption is true,  that doesn’t  mean he will be the best QB after fall camp.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Even if tbis assumption is true,  that doesn’t  mean he will be the best QB after fall camp.

I'm sure the youngster from Memphis and Kodi will get him poised to be an All-American.

You've convinced me, I'll step aside now.

Absolutely he should get a chance, I don't think anyone has argued otherwise.  Please, no strawmen today.

“Real coach could turn him into a TE.” 

Please no strawmen today 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Are you talking about Kerryon Johnson? Carl Lawson? We could spend days rattling off a list of extraordinary athletes who battled injuries throughout their careers. 

Sean's "ego" was what made him a good football player. And he was indeed a good football player. Mikey is 100% right on this. 

SW was not built for the abuse he was receiving playing QB the way he did, where the others you mentioned were built for that kind of abuse.  The “ego” did make him a good football player, but he didn’t know when to protect himself as evident by him trying to gut it out during the 2016 UGA game.  That had nothing to do with his substance abuse and everything to do with his ego.

Mikey is 100% correct in that SW was kicked off the team for his substance abuse, but SW handled that abuse for three years before it became public and was successful playing QB during that time.  The substance abuse did affect his playing career as it affected his relationship with his HC.  That substance abuse was not the only reason he was not ultra successful, which is my point, it was a part of reason, but not the only reason which was implied by Mikey’s post.

35 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

SW was not built for the abuse he was receiving playing QB the way he did, where the others you mentioned were built for that kind of abuse.  

Huh? Kerryon Johnson has missed numerous games every single season. Carl Lawson has missed numerous games almost every single season. Both of them are currently on IR, or at least KJ has missed his 4th or 5th consecutive game. Both of them had these problems in college. And the list of guys you can say that about is extremely long. I don't think those guys are "built for that kind of abuse".

Sean played with guts in a terrible offense. He received very little help or protection. Don't let Gus's blame deflecting comments after the 2016 uga game fool you. Sean's attitude on the field was an asset, not a liability.

That substance abuse was not the only reason he was not ultra successful, which is my point, it was a part of reason, but not the only reason which was implied by Mikey’s post.

It was the primary reason. The secondary reason was he was playing in a terrible offense. Look at the 2016 Clemson game, which perfectly encapsulates both of these things. 

58 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

That's because you're unable to see the forest for the trees. 

No worries, 80%+ of the population have extremely low critical thinking skills so you're not alone.

Your posts screams troll. Lol you can't fake intelligence, well you could if you gave somebody else your phone or keyboard. Maybe let your dog or cat walk across it

1 hour ago, thrustmaxwell said:

Why?  He'll be the most polished QB on campus the moment he arrives. 

Your logical fallacies are amusing at least.

Oh....so you make that assumption from the beat down he gave those 180 pound linebackers and 200 pound d linemen in high school. It's crazy to tell him to change positions but the other guys need to because of the practices you watched oh I mean things you read from other people opinions

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Chandler Cox also saying that Gatewood has been playing really well in bowl practices. 

Well heres to hoping he'll get a chance to prove it next Friday!

46 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Chandler Cox also saying that Gatewood has been playing really well in bowl practices. 

Must have been great route running because he's not capable of throwing a forward pass

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Huh? Kerryon Johnson has missed numerous games every single season. Carl Lawson has missed numerous games almost every single season. Both of them are currently on IR, or at least KJ has missed his 4th or 5th consecutive game. Both of them had these problems in college. And the list of guys you can say that about is extremely long. I don't think those guys are "built for that kind of abuse".

Sean played with guts in a terrible offense. He received very little help or protection. Don't let Gus's blame deflecting comments after the 2016 uga game fool you. Sean's attitude on the field was an asset, not a liability.

It was the primary reason. The secondary reason was he was playing in a terrible offense. Look at the 2016 Clemson game, which perfectly encapsulates both of these things. 

We’ll agree to disagree, but one point is Gus’ deflections have not worked on me since the 2015 UGA game when he played SW when he should have never been on the field.  Nowhere did I say SW was a liability. He was the only productive QB we had for two years.

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

We’ll agree to disagree, but one point is Gus’ deflections have not worked on me since the 2015 UGA game when he played SW when he should have never been on the field.  Nowhere did I say SW was a liability. He was the only productive QB we had for two years.

Okay. I was wondering if Gus saying that it was Sean's fault for not letting them know how hurt he was influenced your opinion. Mea culpa.

You did say that his attitude, or ego, was a liability,though.

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Okay. I was wondering if Gus saying that it was Sean's fault for not letting them know how hurt he was influenced your opinion. Mea culpa.

You did say that his attitude, or ego, was a liability,though.

You don’t need to answer this, but if we didn’t get Stidham, would SW still be the QB Substance abuse problem or not?   Assuming, of course, he wasn’t arrested.

If I implied he was a liability, it wasn’t what I meant.  Sorry for the confusion.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

if Malik Willis was going to take over i would hope to hear similar stories but none have come out.   Doesn't give me much hope for him next year.  

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

You don’t need to answer this, but if we didn’t get Stidham, would SW still be the QB Substance abuse problem or not?   Assuming, of course, he wasn’t arrested.

If I implied he was a liability, it wasn’t what I meant.  Sorry for the confusion.

Apologies, but I'm not sure how to give one answer with the "substance abuse problem or not" qualifier, so I have to give 2 answers:

-Without his substance abuse problem and with no Stidham, then yes, I believe a healthy Sean would have remained the starter. And I think he could have been just as successful as Stidham, if not moreso. 

-With his substance abuse problem, a perfectly healthy Sean White didn't even truly start the 2016 season over Chandler Cox, much less John Franklin and Jeremy Johnson. In other words, Party Sean wasn't going to continue on no matter how bad our other options got. IMO.

Additionally, I think that a Sean White with his head where it belongs as opposed to buried in his own arse might have seen the field this season and provided a spark. 

And you didn't suggest that Sean was a liability. I only meant to say that I considered his ego an asset as opposed to a liability. Thanks for the gracious response/clarification.  :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

if Malik Willis was going to take over i would hope to hear similar stories but none have come out.   Doesn't give me much hope for him next year.  

If it helps- or maybe it just muddies the waters- Cox also said that Willis is coming on and that he and Gatewood would have a great battle next season. (Sandberg was not mentioned by name.)

Grain of salt and all that. Cox was not a particularly great college QB, although he's not the worst we've had in the last 4 years... :laugh:

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

Yes I stand on the fact that there are many intelligent people here. The fact that you don't have anything to say as a rebuttal and you just tried to do the victim as a group trick to the people I just called intelligent mind you speaks for itself. But which one is it first it was the board and you, now it's the board and we......lol pick a side

A rebuttal? To the utter lack if a response you made which would get you laughed out of even a 3rd grade debate? 

You have displayed 2 more fallacies. In your "hur dur me smart " rant. Please keep on, it makes life easier judge intelligence, or lack thereof. 

42 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

A rebuttal? To the utter lack if a response you made which would get you laughed out of even a 3rd grade debate? 

You have displayed 2 more fallacies. In your "hur dur me smart " rant. Please keep on, it makes life easier judge intelligence, or lack thereof. 

Lol you have nothing 😂 he can't do it.....because I ur say so cool story bro

Archived