Deshaun Davis on Joey Gatewood

gr82be

I just want to be good again. If one of these QB surprises and play beyond everybody's expectations I'll be ecstatic. I don't care if it's a walk on I've NEVER heard before

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I just want to be good again. If one of these QB surprises and play beyond everybody's expectations I'll be ecstatic. I don't care if it's a walk on I've NEVER heard before

i would hope everyone would be able to agree with this.    No man crushes,  no favorites,  just the team and the people that execute 

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The good news is all three will be here this spring and the new OC really QB coach will not have any pre-conceived notions giving him the opportunity to evaluate all three. 

Let's say you're assertion that Dilly Dilly is the QB coach and will evaluate and develop them is correct (lol I'll play along).  I'd like to hear what you think he's going to be basing his evaluations on, because I have NO idea what kind of offense GM will use next year and what traits he wants from his QB other than to not turn the ball over.

I want to win every game Auburn plays in but I also want to get ready for next year. I hope we can come out  fired up and put the hurt to Perdue so we can see Willis, Cord, and Gatewood.

Hypothetically, let's say we're up 35 -7 at half and we get the ball to start the 2nd half.  Gus leaves Stidham in and he directs a 15 play ball control drive for a TD that consumes 8 minutes of the quarter.  We're now up 42 -7 and our defense forces a 3 and out on the next series.  How many passes beyond the line of scrimmage do you see being thrown in total by all QB's not named Stidham?   I would say zero.

2 hours ago, auskip07 said:

,  just the team

THE TEAM THE TEAM THE TEAM, your are so right, what is best for the TEAM. That's what matters the most. 

On December 15, 2018 at 6:36 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Thats all good and well but he isnt in HS anymore lol. A LB that has seen Tua, Jake Browning, Milton, etc, said this guy is gonna be a good QB. That potential and praise means more than anything he did in HS lol

If you couldn't get it done in HS, what makes you think he can get it done in the SEC? I see the physical ability but football is more than just looking the part

18 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

If you couldn't get it done in HS, what makes you think he can get it done in the SEC? I see the physical ability but football is more than just looking the part

Tell me more about how he “couldn’t get it done” in HS. I’ll ask you too, if you have two D1 QBs on tbe same team, but only one is dynamic in multiple positions, would you not exploit both talents given the limited talent on a HS team? 

16 hours ago, auskip07 said:

i would hope everyone would be able to agree with this.    No man crushes,  no favorites,  just the team and the people that execute 

Right so I'm not going to say before they even get started they can't. I'm going to hope they can. If on the field they can't AFTER they try then ok. I do admit I wish we had a great QB handler developer or whatever....but it is what it is

On 12/16/2018 at 1:01 PM, cole256 said:

Would you trade a 9-4 season for canning Gus?  Nothing meant either way, just curious.

It's a moot point since we're begging for scrub OT transfers from such football factories as Butler (didn't know they did Football) .  Our one decent OT who needs at least one more year at the position is leaving for the NFL too early because he fears Gus and Grimes will ruin his chances if he doesn't.

Look forward to our worst OL since...Bowden left?

18 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Tell me more about how he “couldn’t get it done” in HS. I’ll ask you too, if you have two D1 QBs on tbe same team, but only one is dynamic in multiple positions, would you not exploit both talents given the limited talent on a HS team? 

Umm...so he's as talented as some bum who went to a All American Conference school?  Perfect. 

5 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

Umm...so he's as talented as some bum who went to a All American Conference school?  Perfect. 

Your snarky post doesn’t even follow from my post. Gatewood played basically every position on his offense minus OL and was like tbe number 2 athlete in the nation. 

He is the most talented QB here since Marshall and has the upside that is well north of any of our current QBs. Facts. 

58 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Your snarky post doesn’t even follow from my post. Gatewood played basically every position on his offense minus OL and was like tbe number 2 athlete in the nation. 

He is the most talented QB here since Marshall and has the upside that is well north of any of our current QBs. Facts. 

Glad to hear it.  I've heard it before a few times so I'll sit back and watch how well Gus has coached him up.

image.png

image.png

Most talented QB? Lol not by a long shot. One of the best athletes to use up a QB scholarship, yes. 

Being a good athlete doesn't make you a good QB. He can be a freak if nature athlete and still suck at QB. Hell,  some of the best QBs ever are terrible athletes. 

21 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I wouldn't want my star "QB" returning kicks. He's a talented football player but nobody knows if he's a talented QB. We'll see

15 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Most talented QB? Lol not by a long shot.

Name one one on the roster that is more talented? I’ll wait 

5 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I wouldn't want my star "QB" returning kicks. He's a talented football player but nobody knows if he's a talented QB. We'll see

Well he’s not an untalented QB. He won the Under Armour MVP as QB in tbe allstar game. I’m guessing you haven’t seen him play once but can still prognosticate his future though..

1 hour ago, thrustmaxwell said:

Glad to hear it.  I've heard it before a few times so I'll sit back and watch how well Gus has coached him up.

image.png

image.png

It’s up to Gus to use the offense that benefits the QB’s strengths. He used to be praised for this. Good times. 

Gatewood is no JF3 though.You haven’t seen him play apparently.

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

It’s up to Gus to use the offense that benefits the QB’s strengths. He used to be praised for this. Good times. 

Gatewood is no JF3 though.You haven’t seen him play apparently.

I have.  Looks like a lot of other 7 on 7 Super Stars.  He catches the ball pretty well too.  Sure would be nice to see Jeff Brohm use his athleticism as a real TE. 

Y'all remember real TEs?  I member.

10 hours ago, thrustmaxwell said:

Looks like a lot of other 7 on 7 Super Stars.

I envision Gatewood being a lot more like the Prescott that tore Auburn up for 100 yard rushing games early on. Neither are 7 on 7 stars.

We will never know what Gatewood can do at QB until he gets a chance. Until that chance comes it is all speculation. Would love to see him in a meaningful game running the entire offense.  He has the size and athleticism so let’s see how that translate on the field. I think he could be really good. Just hope CGM gives him an opportunity. 

6 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

Most talented QB? Lol not by a long shot.

How do you get in to watch all the practices? I'd like to do that too. Is there a special pass you have or a hole in the fence you crawl through? Please share so we can all know the standing of AU players based on their performance in the practices.

If Cord Sandberg was more talented than Gatewood he wouldn’t have transferred to one of the more impotent head coaches in the league to back up a guy who dropped 3-4 rounds in one season and another guy who is only used for fake punt passes to kickers. That’s not what talented non true freshmen prospects do. Was Devin Adams talented? 

Willis isn’t more talented than Gatewood either but I don’t think I need the same level of exposition there 

9 hours ago, thrustmaxwell said:

I have.  Looks like a lot of other 7 on 7 Super Stars.  He catches the ball pretty well too.  Sure would be nice to see Jeff Brohm use his athleticism as a real TE. 

Y'all remember real TEs?  I member.

image.png

5 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

You mean literally every QB ahead of him on the depth chart. Lol what a joke. 

That’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard in a while tbh. 

6 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

You mean literally every QB ahead of him on the depth chart. Lol what a joke. 

Well I'm glad you saw your ridiculous argument lacked substance and you moved on to just trolling......but I have a favor to ask could you post the link to the clip where you evaluated that he was so trash he needed to change positions?

I understand the doubt of our qb's not getting coached up.....what I don't understand is just saying this guy can't play at all but at the EXACT same time saying Bo can? Why do you say that?

Archived