Men vs UAB

tgrogan21

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am not political AT ALL. And do not dare venture over to that forum where I am terrified of the horror stories I hear from over there. BUUUUT the UAB coach def looks like 1 of Trumps sons!!! hahaha.

That's how I know you're fam. My sister said the same exact thing

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Weagle98 said:

Anyone notice that Bruce didn't say one word to their coach?  Even when you the other coach was talking to him. 

He was even quiet on the post game interview, other than the “maybe they’d win more” jab.

If you PO Bruce enough that he is quiet, you’ve done something. The “Dapper Dan” man did just that.

Just now, Tiger said:

That's how I know you're fam. My sister said the same exact thing

hahahahahaah BROTHER MAN!!!!! 

tommy boy.gif

4 minutes ago, kwagoner said:

He was even quiet on the post game interview, other than the “maybe they’d win more” jab.

If you PO Bruce enough that he is quiet, you’ve done something. The “Dapper Dan” man did just that.

I just listened to the post game and I don’t think that was a jab. I think he was complimenting their effort tonight. I didn’t get to watch but was there something between Bruce and UAB’s coach tonight? Bruce seemed really low key in the post game. He was open s always, but he sounded very concerned. I hopefully it wasn’t something about Harper’s ankle or anything and just that he was emotional,y exhausted after another OT game.

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I just listened to the post game and I don’t think that was a jab. I think he was complimenting their effort tonight. I didn’t get to watch but was there something between Bruce and UAB’s coach tonight? Bruce seemed really low key in the post game. He was open s always, but he sounded very concerned. I hopefully it wasn’t something about Harper’s ankle or anything and just that he was emotional,y exhausted after another OT game.

Him and the UAB coach were jawing at each other. They got double techs for it. It was a icy post game handshake as well.

7 minutes ago, jared52 said:

It was a jab. They were barking at each other quite a bit. 

7 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Like Gwill said, double techs. A lot of eyes being cut throughout the game, and the post game handshake. I think he was following mamma’s advice and not saying anything since he couldn’t say anything nice.

Their coach was working the refs hard and it was working.  Bruce decided to neutralize it,  and it flared up into dbl technical fouls.  A UAB player was hurt, yet their coach was more focused on working the ref,  Bruce even checked on the UAB player I believe instead of the players own coach.   That is how I saw it from the tube.  

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

When he drives...when he shoots from way deep...he’s so clutch. Only egregious mistake I saw was going for the game winner 3 at the end of regulation. 

The game, the pressure is never too big for him. That's a rare quality. 

For Jared’s range, I think it was a good spot to shoot it from, but I don’t think he considered how many guys just abandoned our other offensive players. There was no one on one to be had 

situation there, BP has to be the guy and take a timeout 

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Kind of insane that you don’t think we’re that good. We’re ranked 8th, and have one loss to Duke. We’re top 10 in both offense and defense. Force over 20 turnovers a game, top 3 in blocks, and we’re a very good 3 point shooting team. Not sure what you’re missing.

Kinda insane you read not as good as we were thinking yet and came to the conclusion I said we're not good. Kinda funny though you say I'm missing something when I've been the only person that pointed out our weakness before they were shown.....but whatever float your boat

Happy to get a win and happy to see that we can win playing really sloppy. Shots will start falling again. Gotta work a little more on team ball and defensive rebounding,  you gotta say after UAB hit shot after shot down the stretch of regulation when they haven’t done that all year, lots of teams would have crumbled under that momentum. This team knows how to win. Really far cry from just a few years ago..... 

43 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Him and the UAB coach were jawing at each other. They got double techs for it. It was a icy post game handshake as well.

Just added to the intensity of the game for me. I love to see a little bad blood between the coaches.

This is what makes basketball different everybody has a chance. It's really not a big deal unless we don't learn from it, but that should be a good wake up call

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This is what makes basketball different everybody has a chance. It's really not a big deal unless we don't learn from it, but that should be a good wake up call

Agreed.  We can't depend on superior athleticism every night once we get to league play.  Was disappointed in our offensive sets tonight.  Felt we rushed a lot of shots and didn't share the ball as well as we have for most of the year.  Still happy to get a tough win though.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Agreed.  We can't depend on superior athleticism every night once we get to league play.  Was disappointed in our offensive sets tonight.  Felt we rushed a lot of shots and didn't share the ball as well as we have for most of the year.  Still happy to get a tough win though.

Going through games like that and still winning is the best thing that can happen to us right now. I'd actually preferred it a little earlier but I'll take what I can get

11 hours ago, Tiger said:

Lolll man.. Horace is somehow regressing at the 3 when he was already at "maybe don't try to shoot those?" status. Yeah what I don't like about Mac's 3s is that he seems to force them rather than shooting good looks. His 3 ball has fallen off a cliff. We are going to need him to start hitting again soon because he makes us really dangerous when teams have to respect his shot

Iv'e heard Pearl say more than once, that he gives them the greenlight on their 3's, but to be sure they are open.

The problem i have is that teams that have a big man who can shoot the 3, has to have a decent percentage shooting them. Spencer has 0%, and Anfernee is not much better, although he has made some. So we don't really have a big guy that is pretty good shooting the 3.

The other problem is, if Pearl lets these big guys shoot 3's, and w/ such poor percentages, we also lose an offensive rebound threat, bc they are out past the 3 pt line.

13 hours ago, cole256 said:

They had one or two guys get hot....they are 8/26 come on man....our defense is horrible tonight

They hit numerous circus shots in the paint and hit 3's out of their minds at the end of regulation. That's how they stayed in the game offensively.

Our defense was PHE-NOM-E-NAL. It was the offense that was horrible, which has happened almost every other game this season because we're typically a one-shot, no pass, 3-point offense.

Steph Curry ... errr ... Jared Harper saved the game for us at the free throw line.

13 hours ago, Weagle98 said:

Anyone notice that Bruce didn't say one word to their coach?  Even when you the other coach was talking to him. 

Yep, I noticed it. When the coach, that goes out of his way to say something positive to everyone, purposely does not say a word to the opposing coach, even after a victory ... extremely telling.

10 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

They hit numerous circus shots in the paint and hit 3's out of their minds at the end of regulation. That's how they stayed in the game offensively.

Our defense was PHE-NOM-E-NAL. It was the offense that was horrible, which has happened almost every other game this season because we're typically a one-shot, no pass, 3-point offense.

Steph Curry ... errr ... Jared Harper saved the game for us at the free throw line.

Their guard is good. Better than I thought, but if that's phenomenal defense we're in for a long season because there are plenty of teams with multiple guards better than him. 

13 hours ago, abw0004 said:

During the game both got tech’s yelling at each other.  The other coach must have said something pretty irritating

UAB coach incessantly harassed the refs, especially in the final minutes of the 1st half, much like the tyrant in my sig, getting away it without penalty. Guy would literally scream at one ref, ref would turn and walk away, then he would walk after him and harass him again, without penalty.

The topper was after the horn sounded in the 1st half. Guy wouldn't let the refs go to the lockerroom. Was in a complete rage walking right beside them, without penalty.

Bruce obviously had enough early in the 2nd half and purposely got both coaches T'd up, knowing that he could keep his cool and force the other guy to stop influencing the young refs and swallow his rage.

Archived