Men vs UAB

tgrogan21

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

I only saw the end of the game....but watching UAB drain those 3s with the game on the line and AU depending on Harper to pretty much win it by himself....:dunno:  That was enough to cast doubt on how we played.    

SO the big guys still trying to hit 3 point shots ?...Spencer shooting goose eggs and AM with 26 shots.    JMO but when is BP gonna impose a little discipline on that issue.?  

I wouldn't hold your breath on that. After the Duke game, where we were taking lots of poor shots, he said something to the effect that some people call them bad shots and they weren't falling today but it's what makes our team dangerous.

Looks great when we're on but boy it's painful when we're off....BUT we're overcoming that (so far) and winning the games we're shooting poorly in. Of course we will see if we can overcome that moving forward.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, bigbird said:

No, there were some good plays. That said, me criticising them is not a bad thing. I guarantee they are doing the same thing and I'm very sure they weren't pleased with their defensive performance.

A lot of the defensive breakdowns were either due to lack of focus or lack of effort/laziness.  We should've won by double digits, but once again, allowed the opponent to dictate the game rather than imposing our will.

I agree with you on this. Just didn't think the defense was really bad overall. Thought UAB hit some contested shots, and we shot incredibly poorly. Think that was what kept them in the game. 

7 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I agree with you on this. Just didn't think the defense was really bad overall. Thought UAB hit some contested shots, and we shot incredibly poorly. Think that was what kept them in the game. 

For me, if my shot wasn't falling, I would double down on my defensive intensity.  Watching, it seemed the opposite seemed to happen.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

For me, if my shot wasn't falling, I would double down on my defensive intensity.  Watching, it seemed the opposite was happening.

agree....if you want the minutes you have to do something that makes you valuable to the team.   Sulking because the shots don't fall...and not working hard on defense is just adding to the problems.

Season's young though and guess BP will be sorting the wheat from the chaff pretty soon 

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

For me, if my shot wasn't falling, I would double down on my defensive intensity.  Watching, it seemed the opposite seemed to happen.

Have to show the coach why you should be out there.....better get good at doing something quick....I don't care if it's setting screens

• 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

https://i.imgur.com/vnpYVVR.gif
giphy.gif

Did you just bring back a post from 3 months ago to try and make your point? That's pretty damn sad.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Did you just bring back a post from 3 months ago to try and make your point? That's pretty damn sad.

And it's not like I've ever said he can't shoot. If you recall the uab game I praised Harper for doing essentially what he did against USC and forced a bunch of free throws and control pace.

Also want to point out dude is carrying around this hurt because I said you can't compare not only Harper but ANYBODY's shooting to Steph curry. And then he went to free throws.....but anyway I'm out because I know if I say something somebody is going to come in with the why are you arguing? Lol

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And it's not like I've ever said he can't shoot. If you recall the uab game I praised Harper for doing essentially what he did against USC and forced a bunch of free throws and control pace.

Also want to point out dude is carrying around this hurt because I said you can't compare not only Harper but ANYBODY's shooting to Steph curry. And then he went to free throws.....but anyway I'm out because I know if I say something somebody is going to come in with the why are you arguing? Lol

Why so defensive? 😁

32 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Nope. Harper just made cole look really damn sad.

Image result for jared harper auburn gif

11 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

vnpYVVR.gif

You're using a quote about a completely different game to try and prop up a point from 3 months ago. What happened and was said 3 months ago against UAB has no bearing on today. To think so is just dumb, and to think that you're coming off as looking good about it is even more so.

Just now, bigbird said:

You're using a quote about a completely different game to try and prop up a point from 3 months ago. What happened 3 months ago against us no bearing on today. To think so is just dumb, and to think that you're coming off as looking good about it is even more so.

Says a poster who had absolutely zero to do with the conversation. That's what's really damn sad.

The guy doesn't believe in Harper, not just the UAB game, summing it up with an overall statement. "he's not even the best PG in the conference" 

Harper has not just proved cole wrong today, but all season. Harper just happened to bury him today.

The point is that Cole is hopelessly wrong A LOT but insecurely demands attention whenever one of his dumb dumb claims turns out to be true. It’s really not worth bumping a thread for but I understand it bc Cole is pretty insufferable at times

1 minute ago, Gene Loblaw said:

The point is that Cole is hopelessly wrong A LOT but insecurely demands attention whenever one of his dumb dumb claims turns out to be true. It’s really not worth bumping a thread for but I understand it bc Cole is pretty insufferable at times

I love y'alls rivalry. My favorite one on this board. It keeps me and other people entertained all the time. 

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I love y'alls rivalry. My favorite one on this board. It keeps me and other people entertained all the time. 

Only second to yours and dual-threat Rigby

15 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Says a poster who had absolutely zero to do with the conversation. That's what's really damn sad.

The guy doesn't believe in Harper, not just the UAB game, summing it up with an overall statement. "he's not even the best PG in the conference" 

Harper has not just proved cole wrong today, but all season. Harper just happened to bury him today.

7 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

@cole256 why so defensive? 😁

36 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Harper isn’t conclusively the best PG depending on how you look at it..him and Bone are neck and neck in terms of production, but Waters and Hagans are naturally more talented 

I think Harper does his thing and is my favorite in conference,  but it’s personal preference 

Archived