ESPN top 100 draft prospects

92AU

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

With all due respect as you know I do respect your posts, Westbrook wasn't known for his defensive prowness.  And I am also comparing to what Harper could be.  We need to consider Westbrook is 30, and Harper is what, 21?  It would be better to compare Westbrook when he was a rookie when he was 1" shorter and only 5 pounds heavier.  In his first year in the league his play was much different.  Westbrook was not a highly recruited person in high school either.  The UCLA coach had to be convinced to give him the last roster spot.

I do still stand behind my comments that Harper could be the next Westbrook, and that is a complement too.

I am very familiar with Westbrook and his story. He we absolutely known for his defense. It was his offense that needed work. He was measured at 6'3" and what makes him a freak is he has extremely long arms and that's why he can play the way he does. You may have seen me post and talk aboutarm length alot, that's why I go on and on about it so, in basketball it's very important and helpful. He was a terror on the defensive end and many people also includes rebounding as a defensive attribute and he does that on a high level as well. 

Harper maybe is 5'9" Westbrook is 6'3".....he's just lucky with the physical talent, he can attack the rim and jump over people Harper can't play that game. He can't finish like him. Harper has to find spots and finish. 

If I would have compared anybody to Westbrook that you may know it would be Colin sexton and that's still more of his STYLE of play. He was relentless in attacking. But with that being said he's still no Westbrook because he doesn't have his athleticism. I can't tell you what to think but you seem to either think Harper is bigger than what he is or Westbrook is smaller. Here's a pretty good websites scouting profile of Westbrook

Strengths: Athletic and explosive combo guard with the length to make up for his lack of height … Attacks the basket with a lethal first step and crossover ability … Can handle the rock well and gets into the lane effortlessly … Finishes well at the rim and is unafraid to go up in traffic … Huge wingspan allows him to play much bigger than his 6-3 height … Gets good lift on his jumpshot and has a quick release … Solid passer with unselfishness, always looks for the open man … Has an excellent mid-range game … A gym rat, really works hard to improve Has a great attitude, extremely coach-able … Has the potential to be a bigtime scorer when given the chance … Really excels defensively and has a chance to develop into a great defender … His anticipation for steals and his on ball defensive ability are special Solid passer who shows the ability to play the point guard position … 

Weaknesses: Playing at UCLA he has had a hard time gaining steady playing time (9 mpg) … He'll likely come off the bench as a sophomore, but should see increased action … Showing the ability to run the point position as well as play the 2-guard will upgrade his draft potential … Must become better at handling ball pressure at the point guard position … Must continue to improve his body strength … UCLA system will likely limit his ability to fully showcase himself … Needs to improve upon his free throw shooting (55%) … 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gravejd said:

I don’t know about Westbrook but you really can’t see the comparison between steph curry and Harper? I know Harper is not an all nba player like curry...but both play PG. both are smaller guys. Both have excellent range. Both are super quick and shifty. Harper likely won’t reach Curry’s level but no shame in that cause curry is one of the best in the world. 

And you hate on brown and say he is only successful because he has a green light like no one else. Well what kind of stats do you think Harper would have if he played for Davidson? I bet he’d have 40+ a game like curry did when he was there. 

I don’t know maybe some of you guys expected the season to go differently but this team is about right where I thought they would be and so far the record is better then I expected. We aren’t perfect but we are a damn good team with damn good players and they need to be recognized as such. Especially by their own fans

There are so many guards that plays basketball that does everything you just said Harper do.....but no I don't see any similarity to them at all. But I don't compare players to all time great because it doesn't make sense. The closest I came was trae young and he led NCAA in points and assists but I still didn't want to do that. There's a reason professional scouters doesn't say he plays like, Jordan, bird, etc. It's really not fair to the kid but Harper doesn't have to worry about that because he's not even on a radar yet. You haven't even heard a color commentator say that about Harper. But if he game was similar and I did want to compare I'd say Jimmer Fredette before I'd call some one curry and Harper isn't him.

Curry is 6'3" That's why I say many of you over react they aren't similar. Harper is a smaller guy. Curry really isn't. And the fact that curry is 6'3" helps him play the way he does. It helps him get off shots it helps him with court vision, if he was Harper size that would make things a bit harder for curry. 

Jeff Teague, Patty mills, Jose Calderon, Jamal Murray, yogi Ferrell, shabazz Napier, tyus Jones, Jordan Clarkson, dejontae Murray, DJ augustin, Terry rozier, Reggie Jackson, Tyler ulis, Darren Collison, trey Burke etc, all these guys can do the things you just used to compare to curry all of these guys are not as good as curry was in college and were better than Harper is in college now. 

Hate on Brown?? Because I tell the truth about him as opposed to calling him Kobe Bryant? Well if that makes me a hater then so be it. I'm not like most y'all, I understand just how special the ability to be great in basketball is so I don't just call people transcendent once in a generation players. You show me what I've said about Brown that isn't true and I'll change my handle to Brown hater.

And Harper and Brown BOTH have the green light you were referring to that curry had at Davidson. They both shoot as much if not more than curry did. Listen to what you are saying. You think you could take Steph freaking curry out of that line up....put Harper in it and he'd do what curry did?!?! You guys talk as if curry is just a guy you'd find at the YMCA.....no if a team decided to focus on Harper and double, triple, team him then Harper would be done. He certainly wouldn't carry a team with less talent than Harper has right now to the elite 8. Hell I'm hoping he can do that right now with this team.

This team is where I said they'd be. They have the problems where I said they would. Right we aren't perfect but we're a good TEAM. There is no guys on this team that are going to change the way they play basketball in the NBA. But that's fine, how many Villanova players do you remember and are awesome in the NBA. Me none that are awesome around 3 with potential that may be decent starters one day. There is no shame in that. So I recognize the players for what they are you can hype them you can't be mad when somebody else don't. If you want a player to compare Harper to Chris lofton maybe.....Harper is a better facilitator, lofton was a better shooter. They play in the same system....that's pretty good. 

42 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I am very familiar with Westbrook and his story. He we absolutely known for his defense. It was his offense that needed work. He was measured at 6'3" and what makes him a freak is he has extremely long arms and that's why he can play the way he does. You may have seen me post and talk aboutarm length alot, that's why I go on and on about it so, in basketball it's very important and helpful. He was a terror on the defensive end and many people also includes rebounding as a defensive attribute and he does that on a high level as well. 

Harper maybe is 5'9" Westbrook is 6'3".....he's just lucky with the physical talent, he can attack the rim and jump over people Harper can't play that game. He can't finish like him. Harper has to find spots and finish. 

If I would have compared anybody to Westbrook that you may know it would be Colin sexton and that's still more of his STYLE of play. He was relentless in attacking. But with that being said he's still no Westbrook because he doesn't have his athleticism. I can't tell you what to think but you seem to either think Harper is bigger than what he is or Westbrook is smaller. Here's a pretty good websites scouting profile of Westbrook

Strengths: Athletic and explosive combo guard with the length to make up for his lack of height … Attacks the basket with a lethal first step and crossover ability … Can handle the rock well and gets into the lane effortlessly … Finishes well at the rim and is unafraid to go up in traffic … Huge wingspan allows him to play much bigger than his 6-3 height … Gets good lift on his jumpshot and has a quick release … Solid passer with unselfishness, always looks for the open man … Has an excellent mid-range game … A gym rat, really works hard to improve Has a great attitude, extremely coach-able … Has the potential to be a bigtime scorer when given the chance … Really excels defensively and has a chance to develop into a great defender … His anticipation for steals and his on ball defensive ability are special Solid passer who shows the ability to play the point guard position … 

Weaknesses: Playing at UCLA he has had a hard time gaining steady playing time (9 mpg) … He'll likely come off the bench as a sophomore, but should see increased action … Showing the ability to run the point position as well as play the 2-guard will upgrade his draft potential … Must become better at handling ball pressure at the point guard position … Must continue to improve his body strength … UCLA system will likely limit his ability to fully showcase himself … Needs to improve upon his free throw shooting (55%) … 

Fair enough.  No rebuttal from me.

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

There are so many guards that plays basketball that does everything you just said Harper do.....but no I don't see any similarity to them at all. But I don't compare players to all time great because it doesn't make sense. The closest I came was trae young and he led NCAA in points and assists but I still didn't want to do that. There's a reason professional scouters doesn't say he plays like, Jordan, bird, etc. It's really not fair to the kid but Harper doesn't have to worry about that because he's not even on a radar yet. You haven't even heard a color commentator say that about Harper. But if he game was similar and I did want to compare I'd say Jimmer Fredette before I'd call some one curry and Harper isn't him.

Curry is 6'3" That's why I say many of you over react they aren't similar. Harper is a smaller guy. Curry really isn't. And the fact that curry is 6'3" helps him play the way he does. It helps him get off shots it helps him with court vision, if he was Harper size that would make things a bit harder for curry. 

Jeff Teague, Patty mills, Jose Calderon, Jamal Murray, yogi Ferrell, shabazz Napier, tyus Jones, Jordan Clarkson, dejontae Murray, DJ augustin, Terry rozier, Reggie Jackson, Tyler ulis, Darren Collison, trey Burke etc, all these guys can do the things you just used to compare to curry all of these guys are not as good as curry was in college and were better than Harper is in college now. 

Hate on Brown?? Because I tell the truth about him as opposed to calling him Kobe Bryant? Well if that makes me a hater then so be it. I'm not like most y'all, I understand just how special the ability to be great in basketball is so I don't just call people transcendent once in a generation players. You show me what I've said about Brown that isn't true and I'll change my handle to Brown hater.

And Harper and Brown BOTH have the green light you were referring to that curry had at Davidson. They both shoot as much if not more than curry did. Listen to what you are saying. You think you could take Steph freaking curry out of that line up....put Harper in it and he'd do what curry did?!?! You guys talk as if curry is just a guy you'd find at the YMCA.....no if a team decided to focus on Harper and double, triple, team him then Harper would be done. He certainly wouldn't carry a team with less talent than Harper has right now to the elite 8. Hell I'm hoping he can do that right now with this team.

This team is where I said they'd be. They have the problems where I said they would. Right we aren't perfect but we're a good TEAM. There is no guys on this team that are going to change the way they play basketball in the NBA. But that's fine, how many Villanova players do you remember and are awesome in the NBA. Me none that are awesome around 3 with potential that may be decent starters one day. There is no shame in that. So I recognize the players for what they are you can hype them you can't be mad when somebody else don't. If you want a player to compare Harper to Chris lofton maybe.....Harper is a better facilitator, lofton was a better shooter. They play in the same system....that's pretty good. 

So the only way to compare players if if they have the same level of success and accomplishments? Thats cool and i know where you are coming from now. 

I think you are a Brown hater because you hype his flaws and down play his strengths. You can tell the truth and still be a hater

22 minutes ago, gravejd said:

So the only way to compare players if if they have the same level of success and accomplishments? Thats cool and i know where you are coming from now. 

I think you are a Brown hater because you hype his flaws and down play his strengths. You can tell the truth and still be a hater

We will agree to disagree....how can you tell the truth but be a hater? If you were to say he was going to be the first pick of the draft and I replied you are outside of your mind I would be a hater? I think either you use the definition wrong or I do with Ebonics in how I've always used it, but Im pretty sure it came from the rap culture if you see something is good or great but you say it's not even if your really feel that it is because of jealousy.

And if what you read from that is the stuff about accomplishments lol....ok. But what I'm really saying is things like he plays the position, he is quick, he has a desire to go to the goal are very common things that most athletes has. If you want to compare a player to curry they should be comparable in what makes the player the player. Curry is one actually is the best shooter to play the game. Spot up, off the dribble, on the move, off ball, create space, deep, midrange, quick release it doesn't matter. And he does all of that at a super efficient manner. Almost 50% Harper will occasionally shoot deep....what else is similar? 

Here's my example using players on the team comparing to all time greats....not in accomplishments but ABILITIES. I personally really like Dunbar as a player. I think you probably seen me talk about him. He is super athletic, I won't go look for them but he has several oops that are ridiculous. If somebody said he has athleticism or can dunk like Vince Carter I would say slow down bro.....let's come back to earth. It's true he has caught oops, Vince Carter has caught oops...but no Dunbar isn't athletic as Vince Carter while at the same time Dunbar is very athletic. 

If you twist that up to what I'm saying like I said we could agree to disagree

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We will agree to disagree....how can you tell the truth but be a hater? If you were to say he was going to be the first pick of the draft and I replied you are outside of your mind I would be a hater? I think either you use the definition wrong or I do with Ebonics in how I've always used it, but Im pretty sure it came from the rap culture if you see something is good or great but you say it's not even if your really feel that it is because of jealousy.

And if what you read from that is the stuff about accomplishments lol....ok. But what I'm really saying is things like he plays the position, he is quick, he has a desire to go to the goal are very common things that most athletes has. If you want to compare a player to curry they should be comparable in what makes the player the player. Curry is one actually is the best shooter to play the game. Spot up, off the dribble, on the move, off ball, create space, deep, midrange, quick release it doesn't matter. And he does all of that at a super efficient manner. Almost 50% Harper will occasionally shoot deep....what else is similar? 

Here's my example using players on the team comparing to all time greats....not in accomplishments but ABILITIES. I personally really like Dunbar as a player. I think you probably seen me talk about him. He is super athletic, I won't go look for them but he has several oops that are ridiculous. If somebody said he has athleticism or can dunk like Vince Carter I would say slow down bro.....let's come back to earth. It's true he has caught oops, Vince Carter has caught oops...but no Dunbar isn't athletic as Vince Carter while at the same time Dunbar is very athletic. 

If you twist that up to what I'm saying like I said we could agree to disagree

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hater - "A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person. 

Hating, the result of being a hater, is not exactly jealousy. The hater doesnt really want to be the person he or she hates, rather the hater wants to knock somelse down a notch."

The bolded part is almost verbatim what i said in my post. You are a hater because you focus on the flaws and not the achievements. Doesn't mater about the flaw being true or not. 

And i see what you are saying about comparing players. Dunbar cannot be compared with Vince Carter until he has played in the NBA and had the success Carter has had. I personally do not think that is required to compare players and players can be compared based on skill set and how they play the game.  But its cool, i'm not going to convince you one way and you aren't going to convince me the other. Going forward i know how you compare players so i won't debate with you cause we look at the whole thing differently. War Eagle brother!

Good discussion.

But I really think the only people on the planet you can compare to Russell Westbrook are John Wall and pre-injury Derrick Rose.

39 minutes ago, gravejd said:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hater - "A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person. 

Hating, the result of being a hater, is not exactly jealousy. The hater doesnt really want to be the person he or she hates, rather the hater wants to knock somelse down a notch."

The bolded part is almost verbatim what i said in my post. You are a hater because you focus on the flaws and not the achievements. Doesn't mater about the flaw being true or not. 

And i see what you are saying about comparing players. Dunbar cannot be compared with Vince Carter until he has played in the NBA and had the success Carter has had. I personally do not think that is required to compare players and players can be compared based on skill set and how they play the game.  But its cool, i'm not going to convince you one way and you aren't going to convince me the other. Going forward i know how you compare players so i won't debate with you cause we look at the whole thing differently. War Eagle brother!

Lol so like I said what you say isn't true I don't compare based off of accomplishments I compare based off abilities. I may be alot of things but I'm not a liar read my post or not but that's not what I said. Dunbar is athletic but he's not uber athletic. If it was a video game he may be an 85 which is more athletic than most but he's not a 99 simply because he caught and oop and Vince caught an oop. You can't just simply say Dunbar caught a oop in college; Vince caught an oop in college Dunbar is similar to Vince

As far as your bolded part you can't take a piece of a definition it's the whole thing. But no I want us to win a championship and I know how championship teams has played in the past so I talk about it. Individual players performance dictates the team success so I want what's best for the team to have success. Are you happy with the football success right now? Are you a hater of the o line when you say they must get better?

But war eagle!

31 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Good discussion.

But I really think the only people on the planet you can compare to Russell Westbrook are John Wall and pre-injury Derrick Rose.

Hater

44 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol so like I said what you say isn't true I don't compare based off of accomplishments I compare based off abilities. I may be alot of things but I'm not a liar read my post or not but that's not what I said. Dunbar is athletic but he's not uber athletic. If it was a video game he may be an 85 which is more athletic than most but he's not a 99 simply because he caught and oop and Vince caught an oop. You can't just simply say Dunbar caught a oop in college; Vince caught an oop in college Dunbar is similar to Vince

As far as your bolded part you can't take a piece of a definition it's the whole thing. But no I want us to win a championship and I know how championship teams has played in the past so I talk about it. Individual players performance dictates the team success so I want what's best for the team to have success. Are you happy with the football success right now? Are you a hater of the o line when you say they must get better?

But war eagle!

Are you saying Harper does not have the ability to shoot like Curry does? Or is it just the 6'3" vs 5'9" thing that makes you say they cannot be compared?

As for the definition i could have bolded the whole thing and it still would have matched what i said and not what you said. You said your are not a hater because you tell the truth. I said its not about being true its about focusing on negatives and not positives. I am reading but are you?? 

I would be a hater if we had an OL that say won the remmington trophy. But instead of saying "thats awesome he won the remmington trophy" i only talked about how he won't make it into the NFL because he is 2" to short or wasn't mean enough etc...etc..... you know like you talk about Brown only owning the 3 point record at AU cause he has a green light. That is by definition being a HATER

2 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Are you saying Harper does not have the ability to shoot like Curry does? Or is it just the 6'3" vs 5'9" thing that makes you say they cannot be compared?

As for the definition i could have bolded the whole thing and it still would have matched what i said and not what you said. You said your are not a hater because you tell the truth. I said its not about being true its about focusing on negatives and not positives. I am reading but are you?? 

I would be a hater if we had an OL that say won the remmington trophy. But instead of saying "thats awesome he won the remmington trophy" i only talked about how he won't make it into the NFL because he is 2" to short or wasn't mean enough etc...etc..... you know like you talk about Brown only owning the 3 point record at AU cause he has a green light. That is by definition being a HATER

Yeah it's more than likely a culture thing. If Brown wins best guard of the year I promise I wouldn't hate that's the equivalent of the example you just used. If we had a center that was great at run blocking but not so much at pass blocking and I said that effects us in passing downs I don't think that's hating. 

As far as owning the 3 point record because he shoots more threes nobody that I know would say that was hating. If I said that and he didn't shoot an abnormal amount of 3.'s then that would be hating, or if I wanted somebody else to hold the record..... at least the way we use it

As far as your first question yes that's exactly what I'm saying. The efficiency and the being elite at all different forms of shooting.  Just because during the game somebody shoots a deep 3 doesn't equate to he's something like a Steph curry or like I said jimmer Fredette. 

I'm hoping Brown will be in the 3 point contest. That actually reminds me one of my friends played for UT around 04 I think. He got kicked off the team played at Florida a&m and led them to the tournament. He literally won the college 3 point contest. He's about 6'3".....he has ABSOLUTELY nothing similar to Steph curry besides he was a good shooter. 

I normally don't jump in on these type threads but I think it is semantics. If you had said Harper shoots the deep three in crunch time almost as well as Curry probably would have been no argument. I believe Cole's issue is trying to compare probably the best PG in the NBA with Harper.  Cole isn't saying Harper is a bad PG just not comparable to Curry. There isn't a college PG right now comparable to Curry. 

As to Cole hating on Brown I do think he spends to much time looking at Brown's weaknesses which he does have and does not give Brown enough credit when he has one of his games where he carries the team. This year there have been only two players on the team who in one game or the other you could say was the team MVP for that game. Harper and Brown with Harper being Mr. Clutch more often than Brown. When Brown gets hot you could burn your hand if you touch him but when he is cold like against UAB  his offensive game is not complete enough to score in other ways like at the foul line.  I love Brown and I am tickled pink to have him on this team,  I love his work ethic and how he has improved year to year. I think his D is better than Cole gives him credit for but he is not a lock down defender against some types of players.  His effort is always 120%. I don't think Cole hates on Brown but I think he could give him a little more credit when he has a great game and a little more slack when he has a bad game. 

4 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I normally don't jump in on these type threads but I think it is semantics. If you had said Harper shoots the deep three in crunch time almost as well as Curry probably would have been no argument. I believe Cole's issue is trying to compare probably the best PG in the NBA with Harper.  Cole isn't saying Harper is a bad PG just not comparable to Curry. There isn't a college PG right now comparable to Curry. 

As to Cole hating on Brown I do think he spends to much time looking at Brown's weaknesses which he does have and does not give Brown enough credit when he has one of his games where he carries the team. This year there have been only two players on the team who in one game or the other you could say was the team MVP for that game. Harper and Brown with Harper being Mr. Clutch more often than Brown. When Brown gets hot you could burn your hand if you touch him but when he is cold like against UAB  his offensive game is not complete enough to score in other ways like at the foul line.  I love Brown and I am tickled pink to have him on this team,  I love his work ethic and how he has improved year to year. I think his D is better than Cole gives him credit for but he is not a lock down defender against some types of players.  His effort is always 120%. I don't think Cole hates on Brown but I think he could give him a little more credit when he has a great game and a little more slack when he has a bad game. 

You're right. Even the stuff with Brown, I had laid off analyzing him. I didn't mention him the st Peter's game and I didn't say anything about him this last game. Just didn't have anything good to say lately. I pointed out a play where he faked and threw the oop to Wiley. I really don't want to be to critical on him. I feel like some people said such outrageous things like him being the best defender in the country and best shooter in the conference then that makes me to have to talk about why he's not. But I'm trying. And I can't be upset that people haven't noticed because I've talked about it alot. But I am trying. Just recently the Steph curry stuff had me with Harper and I really like Harper. But good post. Thanks for explaining what I'm trying to say more eloquently. I'm trying to work on that as well. 

22 hours ago, Tiger said:

Good discussion.

I feel Sexton is pretty similar to multiple versions of Russ. His defense is like the coming out of college Russ, his ideal position is off ball facilitator like any version of Russ, and his driving ability is honestly going to be NBA Russ-esque. He just doesn’t have the athleticism to consistently be above the rim like that though. Not to mention some of the negative intangibles they also share 

Who’s a poor man’s KCP? Because that would be a rich man’s Bryce Brown right now. 

Its crazy how relatively adept he can be getting to the rim when he makes it up in his mind to do so. IDK if he’s a senior or not, but he really needs to work out with some pure finishers before he goes to the L, b/c I doubt his streaky tendencies go anywhere any time soon. I feel he could be a solid prospect for some team off the bench if he could just be an offensive positive when his 3 ball isn’t on

On 12/16/2018 at 1:08 PM, AU64 said:

Not me....I only pay scant attention to NBA but don't see anyone on our team who is playing well enough to be drafted in 2019.   Some who might play some day but not 2019.  

At the risk of having Cole agree with me I will suggest that we don't have any one on the team able to shoot near well enough to play in the NBA.  ..and that goes for Heron who is a good college player and might make NBA some day but I don't see what position he could play. 

JMO but I like the list with no AU names.....and hope that means that our guys will concentrate on playing some good team ball and not worry about trying to impress NBA scouts. 

I agree.  I like our team, but if any of them are expecting to play in the NBA with their current skill level, even when projected, they'd better make sure they get a good degree as a backup plan, because they'll need it.

Bryce Brown and Jared Harper might eventually play in China.  Austin Wiley has not shown the 1st round "1.5-and-done" talent he was projected to have.  Okeke is finding it hard to transition from a backup player to the "go to" guy, and looks lost out there at times.  McClemore doesn't look like the same player he was last year.

And even with Purifoy back, it's gonna be difficult to get him enough playing time to get acclimated now that we're upon the grind of the conference schedule.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I see now that I expected way too much out of our team this year.  I vastly underestimated the impact of losing Heron.  And I had hopes of low-post domination on offense and defense with McClemore, Wiley, and Spencer.  And I thought we would have more purpose on offense than simply chucking up the first semi-open 27-foot shot on each possession.

I think we will be a good tournament team, but I think we may be in for a bit of a rude awakening in January.  I had hopes of definite Sweet 16, and possible Elite 8.  Now, I think that Sweet 16 would be the ceiling.

The good news is this: none of our underclassmen will jump to the NBA.  Harper might, but it would be a big mistake if he did.  And I think next year's team will accomplish everything we thought this year's team would.

• 3 weeks later...

32. PHX

Chuma Okeke PF Auburn So. 6-7 20.

Chuma Okeke is now listed as #32 on the ESPN NBA Draft Board.  Nice write up on him in their insider section.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2019 at 3:18 PM, psyfro said:

32. PHX

Chuma Okeke PF Auburn So. 6-7 20.

Chuma Okeke is now listed as #32 on the ESPN NBA Draft Board.  Nice write up on him in their insider section.

That actually really surprises me. He hasn't shown to be very willing to become a scoring threat yet. He seems to count on other guys. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd need to see a little more fire from him before I used a draft pick to get him. 

I would like to see more but the NBA draft is not really about college production at all. If they think they can turn you into something they will take you even if you are a 7 footer who averaged 3 rebounds a game - AHEM SKAL LABISSIERE

3 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

Chuma and Wiley both in the late first rd of this updated mock draft

I just don't see how either is rated that high. Must be on potential definitely is not on production. 

I've been telling you all about chumma from the jump. Literally when he signed before he even got on campus. And nobody in the NBA is looking for him to play the 4 really. Things he do is more complicated than looking at the box score. Scoring is just a small thing as far as what he do, more than likely the reason whoever your favorite player on the team is able to do it is because of this guy

6 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

That actually really surprises me. He hasn't shown to be very willing to become a scoring threat yet. He seems to count on other guys. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd need to see a little more fire from him before I used a draft pick to get him. 

If you think he count on others who on this team do you think is doing the heavy lifting?

21 hours ago, cole256 said:

If you think he count on others who on this team do you think is doing the heavy lifting?

Considering Harper, Brown, and Wiley all score more points per game, I would say those 3.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/stats/_/id/2

Archived