This will be an unpopular opinion

CameronCrazy

Let’s do it . He wins where he goes . . Nonsense goes on everywhere. Look at his record . The guy is a winner . You can’t tell me one auburn fan who wouldn’t be pumped for this hire . Don’t kid yourselves guys 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

After Malzahn goes 8-5 again next year, my vote is to throw $8 million at Urban Meyer. Now hear me out...  I’m dead serious about this and I think we can offer Urban what he really wants.

Urban wants to prove that he’s the best. After sitting out a year, the OSU mess will blow over and Urban will have yet another chance to recharge the batteries. .He now knows that he can’t get into the playoff by just winning the Big 10. He’s been shutout 2 years in a row. He has to get back in the SEC if he wants a chance to win another championship.

In order to be the best, he has to prove once and for all that he is the only one that can beat Saban. Not Kirby Smart, not Dabo, but Urban is the one that owns a 2-1 career record against Saban. And yet, Saban is viewed as the better coach because of the championships. 

Urban Meyer knows this will his last chance to salvage his name, reputation, and legacy, so I believe we can convince him to run this program the right way with Allan Greene watching him like a hawk.

His ego knows he dominated Jim Harbaugh in the 2nd biggest rivalry in college football. The next step is to come to Auburn and dominate Saban in THE biggest rivalry in college football. Auburn still has the talent. We are in a hotbed of recruiting, and Meyer knows how to recruit Georgia and Florida.

Let’s get this done Allan Greene!

He's an overpaid choke job.  Plus he doesn't have the balls to compete against Saban.  Hard pass.

Also 8-5 next year ain't happening.  The OL is third tier and we lose the core of it defense.  Get ready for 2008 again.

7 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

He's an overpaid choke job.  Plus he doesn't have the balls to compete against Saban.  Hard pass.

Also 8-5 next year ain't happening.  The OL is third tier and we lose the core of it defense.  Get ready for 2008 again.

Choke job?! He’s 2-1 against Saban, won 3 national titles, and he won 90% of his games at OSU. I would walk to Columbus from Birmingham just to get that guy to sign a contract.

28 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Choke job?! He’s 2-1 against Saban, won 3 national titles, and he won 90% of his games at OSU. I would walk to Columbus from Birmingham just to get that guy to sign a contract.

He’s not coming here, but if somehow he wanted to come, I would take him in a heartbeat...er, bad choice of words. But still.

My number one realistic choice next year is Brent Venables. Once again, I don’t give a crap about whatever innuendo someone may have posted about him at some point.

51 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

He's 2-2 vs Saban just FTR.

That's fine and I'm not sure anyone is claiming he's not a good coach & recruiter.

However, after 2 yrs at AU, if he were to go 0-2 against Saban and then retire.... again.... due to Irratable Bowel Syndrome, would you feel cheated?

If Urban was remotely interested in coming to AU and no one was willing to pull the trigger, AU is dumber than I thought they were.    I’ve seen boneheaded decisions but that one would top the cake.  

30 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

He's 2-2 vs Saban just FTR.

That's fine and I'm not sure anyone is claiming he's not a good coach & recruiter.

However, after 2 yrs at AU, if he were to go 0-2 against Saban and then retire.... again.... due to Irratable Bowel Syndrome, would you feel cheated?

No, because I would have felt like we had a better chance to win with him than Malzahn or any other coach for that matter. 

Even if we get Urban for two years, our recruiting would have been elite for those 2 years. So the next coach that we hire would have that much more talent to work with.

1 minute ago, CameronCrazy said:

No, because I would have felt like we had a better chance to win with him than Malzahn or any other coach for that matter. 

Even if we get Urban for two years, our recruiting would have been elite for those 2 years. So the next coach that we hire would have that much more talent to work with.

At least you own it!

Maybe if Saban were to retire in 1-2 years I'd be on board.  I admit he's a fantastic coach & recruiter.  

Just wouldn't trust him at the first sign of adversity.

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

You can’t tell me one auburn fan who wouldn’t be pumped for this hire .

There's at least six or seven fans against it in this thread already, and the day is young.

People supporting Meyer, honestly, do you care at all about Auburn or its reputation? I am asking sincerely. Does character and integrity matter or are you guys just like the Soviet Union trying to win Olympic medals? Only winning matters? 

I don’t like Urban Meyer but 95% of us on here would perk up if he said he was willing to come here. Don’t even lie. 

He would screw us over the same way he screwed everyone else over.  First time Saban kicked his behind his heart would be acting up again.  In fact, that appears to be where his heart is, up his arse.

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Let’s do it . He wins where he goes . . Nonsense goes on everywhere. Look at his record . The guy is a winner . You can’t tell me one auburn fan who wouldn’t be pumped for this hire . Don’t kid yourselves guys 

One here.

49 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

People supporting Meyer, honestly, do you care at all about Auburn or its reputation? I am asking sincerely. Does character and integrity matter or are you guys just like the Soviet Union trying to win Olympic medals? Only winning matters? 

Not to be rude, but why do you think that Ohio State doesn't have character or integrity?  But Auburn does?  

I will assure you, that is not the national perception.  

37 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don’t like Urban Meyer but 95% of us on here would perk up if he said he was willing to come here. Don’t even lie. 

I would perk up in the same way I'd perk up if someone offered me a discount beamer... before realizing it was obviously stolen. 

Yes, Urban can win. No, he would not be worth it.

24 minutes ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

Not to be rude, but why do you think that Ohio State doesn't have character or integrity?  But Auburn does?  

This . No offense guys but as pat dye would say AU isn’t exactly Lilly white either . We have had our struggles since 2010 and our fair share of crap go on . 

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This . No offense guys but as pat dye would say AU isn’t exactly Lilly white either . We have had our struggles since 2010 and our fair share of crap go on . 

Its those Orange and Blue shade

25 minutes ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

Homie I don't know if you have been in a coma for the last 3 months but Ohio State has been absolutely destroyed by media and fans alike nationwide. Their handling of the wife beating receiver coach could NOT have been worse.

8 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Our football program has not had an NCAA sanction in 25 years, and we haven't had anything close to a scandal like Zach Smith or Art Briles. Auburn is lilly white in the relative world of college football.

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Our football program has not had an NCAA sanction in 25 years, and we haven't had anything close to a scandal like Zach Smith or Art Briles. Auburn is lilly white in the relative world of college football.

No, we are not - like it or not, the perception is still that we paid $180,000 to Cam Newton win us a National Championship in 2010 even though no evidence was ever found.

18 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Comparing the Cam Newton situation to a head coach protecting an assistant that beat his wife are two different levels...

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Comparing the Cam Newton situation to a head coach protecting an assistant that beat his wife are two different levels...

It's laughable to even compare the two. 

Urban is responsible for Aaron freaking Hernandez. Thirty one players were arrested during UM's six years at Florida. 31!

43 minutes ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

Have you been paying attention to the Coach Smith stuff? Free Tat stuff? Didn’t he push out negative academics stuff about Cam? Auburn is Lilly white as far as getting caught. Urban is a sleaze compared to Gus, but I’d still want him.

🎶“I like ‘em a little on the trashy side.”🎶

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

There’s always s fine line when it comes to morals and integrity in college football. If Urban Meyer would have been the one beating his wife, then I would agree with you.

My belief is that tOSU screwed him because he DID report his findings to the higher ups and THEY covered it up. Why else would Gene Smith have deleted all those text messages. And why is Urban Meyer getting blamed when Courtney Smith never once filed charges or had her husband arrested. It’s hard for me to ever feel sorry for a woman that continues to go back to that abuse.

If we find out that Urban went to the police and covered it up, then I would change my story. And I mean hard evidence, not just the words of Courtney Smith.

i believe Auburn has more morals and integrity than tOSU and that’s why I believe that he could potentially be more successful here from a “state of the program” standpoint. Especially since Auburn would be fully aware of the circumstances if they were to ever offer him the job.

Archived