Null



Sign in to follow this  
CameronCrazy

This will be an unpopular opinion

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, thrustmaxwell said:

He's an overpaid choke job.  Plus he doesn't have the balls to compete against Saban.  Hard pass.

 

Also 8-5 next year ain't happening.  The OL is third tier and we lose the core of it defense.  Get ready for 2008 again.

If he’s a choke job, what are 98% of collegiate coaches? Literally the only active coach in football who’s done better than him is a guy he has a 2-1 record against (with a non horrendous QB). If his career stopped at Florida, he’d be the most proven candidate Auburn has ever even considered much less hired 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If he’s a choke job, what are 98% of collegiate coaches? Literally the only active coach in football who’s done better than him is a guy he has a 2-1 record against (with a non horrendous QB). If his career stopped at Florida, he’d be the most proven candidate Auburn has ever even considered much less hired 

Fair enough.  I'll also admit that I would like a younger coach with more fire in his belly, not so near the end of his career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AUght2win said:

If that is true I 100% believe Wooden didn't know about it.

Unofficially, head coaches know everything. 

Officially, they benefit from plausible deniability because their hand isn't in the cookie jar.

Edited by Swamp Eagle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

And why is Urban Meyer getting blamed when Courtney Smith never once filed charges or had her husband arrested. It’s hard for me to ever feel sorry for a woman that continues to go back to that abuse.

This is incredibly insensitive. Many abusers threaten their significant other into staying with them. Sometimes the woman doesn't have a choice because she fears/knows the aftermath of her leaving will be worse than her getting hit or punched. I would strongly suggest you reconsider that judgment.

Edited by WDE0007
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I'll try to use reason. I'll go point by point.

Saban doesn't humiliate and belittle people over "BS", he does it over innocuous questions because he is arrogant and thinks that being a head football coach makes him a king. Did you see what he did to Maria Taylor? Is that how you talk to others? 

The difference between Saban and others when it comes to discipline is their discipline is determined entirely by their talent. Guys like Hootie Jones and Cam Robinson don't miss any significant playing time for major charges while a scrub (google Tyren Jones) will get booted for nothing. When an Auburn kid messes up, he is punished regardless of status.

Courtney Upshaw assaulted his girlfriend and didn't miss a day of practice. Auburn was LAMBASTED for even hosting Jon Taylor on a recruiting visit because of his past domestic violence history. Well Saban freaking signs him, and a couple months later the guy assaults another woman. Saban excused it away, saying all Taylor's references checked out. Richt (his former coach) says Saban never even called him. 

Total BS on Saban getting that rule changed. I believe you could always substitute when the offense changes personnel. That isn't new. But what makes him a slimeball is disguising his agenda behind "player safety". Saying it's dangerous to play up tempo. Since he currently plays up tempo, that means one of two things. 1. He is a liar and always knew there was no danger to play up tempo. 2. He genuinenly believes the no huddle is dangerous yet cares so little for his guys he runs it anyway. S L I M E.

Saban absolutely led on Hurts so he could maintain a capable backup. It was selfish and wrong. Just before the opener, Hurts said in an interview the coaches left him isolated in the offseason. Never talked to him about the QB situation. Saban, and all of America, knew from day one that Tua was gonna start. So he should have been honest with Jalen so he could have looked to transfer elsewhere if that is what he wanted. Instead Saban played coy, led on Hurts with the illusion of a close QB "battle", until the season got here and Jalen was stuck.

Never heard of processing and oversigning? Saban invented it. Sign as many prospects as possible, even those you don't have room for, and cut the fat later. That's why guys with minor injuries are told to take medical scholarships and basically booted from the team. Others are encouraged to transfer or kicked off for minor rules violations. Why do you think Saban was so hesitant when the SEC passed the 4 year scholly rule? He didn't want to guarantee anybody a spot for four years when he could cut them for a better player. Saban and Houston Nutt are the reasons signing rules changed a few years back.

Finally, I don't know who you are or what you do, but to be this clueless about the inner workings of a rival school like Alabama I doubt you worked with the Auburn athletic department. Hundo handshakes sounds like you've just been watching "The Program". Not saying it doesn't happen, just saying for someone who knows so little, I don't believe your claims.

He isbthe king if collegefootball. His actions to reporters are not bad. Stopping stupid questions or the same thing over and over isn't being mean. 

Hootie and cam didn get any charges. Plus even if they had been charged, they wernt major charges like you say. Sean white was always drunk and on drugs and never caught any major flak from Gus until it became a public problem and he needed to save face. 

You are wrong abiut the rule. Just a few years ago, the O did not have to slow down for the D to sub. This is one reason the Gusplayer specific packages worked, the D couldn't put the players in specifically to stop it like they can now. 

Saban get a more scholarships than anyone else? Hmm, I didn know that. Wonder how he signs so many and the NCAA doesn't stop him from having 100000000 people on the sideline. Lots of people want to play for and be the best. Alabama is the best. 

Halen knew he wasn't the starter. He has played a lot all year and is the darling and fan favorite of that team. Also the hero after the SECGC. No one stopped him from transferring or redshirting. Dont spin a story to fit your narrative. 

You can doubt my career all you want, but I worked with baseball and football pre Cam- 1 year after his was fired. You can believe what you want with your head in the sand about the sainthood of auburn, but we do everything other programs do. 

You're just salty our archrival has the best coach in CFB history. Runs a clean program and wins. Maybe one day auburn will have the next Saban, but as long as Auburn pretends to be some super moral place where only saints can coach, we will miss on major clean, quality, upstanding coaches as we claim a moral high ground as a consolation for losing on the field. 

  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WDE0007 said:

This is incredibly insensitive. Many abusers threaten their significant other into staying with them. Sometimes the woman doesn't have a choice because she fears/knows the aftermath of her leaving will be worse than her getting hit or punched. I would strongly suggest you reconsider that judgment.

I apologize if I offended anyone with this comment. I’ll admit that I do not have a close friend or relative that has gone through this. But I can’t imagine not doing everything in my power to help remove them from that situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2018 at 7:24 AM, abw0004 said:

At least with Freeze he went out of his way to apologize.  Meyer had to read off of a script written for him, and the whole time he looked irritated that he had to waste his time to apologize for what he did.

Hahaha!  Freeze is a professional at the apologetic/sympathy show....think Jimmy Swaggert and Jim Baker from the old PTL network boohooing on national TV.  Freeze went on a year long Redemption Tour and blamed everyone but himself for being all but completely ostracized from college coaching.

Freeze never apologized for landing OleMiss on multi-year probation, serving serious scholarship reductions, or a 2 yr bowl ban, and strictly reduced recruiting visits along with a Lack of Institutional Control tag from the ncaa, and totally turning a blind eye to his coaches operational activities with Boosters.  He did however, say "Mistakes were made."

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The folks on this message board don’t completely represent the views of the majority of Auburn’s fanbase. This will never happen for the same reason we didn’t hire Kirby Smart or Bobby Petrino. Too many Auburn fans care about image. They don’t just want to win. They want to win with class, and they want to hire coaches that represent the creed.

 

Meyer is a Saban like win-at-all-cost kind of coach, and that would never jive with the majority of the fanbase. I’m not saying they would’t support him, but I think he’d be on an incredibly tight leash. Any hint of a moral or NCAA incident, and people would bail. Any season that we didn’t win 10 or more games, people would bail. The pressure on Malzahn right now would be nothing compare to the pressure on Meyer would have on him for the duration of his time at Auburn, and there would always be boosters trying to get rid of him.

 

And before people jump to the Bruce Pearl situation... What Pearl got in trouble for (before the cover up) was completely stupid. He made a mistake covering it up, but the rules he broke were pretty ridiculous.  If the ridiculous incident that got him fired is set aside, I’d argue that Pearl is an excellent example of the creed.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Too many Auburn fans care about image. They don’t just want to win. They want to win with class, and they want to hire coaches that represent the creed.

 

We have a coach that wins with class!  He's even considerate of our biggest rival.  He chose to slow the game down to a snails pace in the IB so they wouldn't have to humiliate his team any worse - now that's considerate, classy and "Creed" worthy.    

 

Edited by keesler
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, keesler said:

We have a coach that wins with class!  He's even considerate of our biggest rival.  He chose to slow the game down to a snails pace in the IB so they wouldn't have to humiliate his team any worse - now that's considerate, classy and "Creed" worthy.    

 

Which stands in sharp contrast to that mean, nasty, creedless Head Ball Coach dude who would have had our poor guys going for it on every 4th down in an attempt to actually win the game.

Hail Gus!  

Edited by AURealist
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

He isbthe king if collegefootball. His actions to reporters are not bad. Stopping stupid questions or the same thing over and over isn't being mean. 

Hootie and cam didn get any charges. Plus even if they had been charged, they wernt major charges like you say. Sean white was always drunk and on drugs and never caught any major flak from Gus until it became a public problem and he needed to save face. 

You are wrong abiut the rule. Just a few years ago, the O did not have to slow down for the D to sub. This is one reason the Gusplayer specific packages worked, the D couldn't put the players in specifically to stop it like they can now. 

Saban get a more scholarships than anyone else? Hmm, I didn know that. Wonder how he signs so many and the NCAA doesn't stop him from having 100000000 people on the sideline. Lots of people want to play for and be the best. Alabama is the best. 

Halen knew he wasn't the starter. He has played a lot all year and is the darling and fan favorite of that team. Also the hero after the SECGC. No one stopped him from transferring or redshirting. Dont spin a story to fit your narrative. 

You can doubt my career all you want, but I worked with baseball and football pre Cam- 1 year after his was fired. You can believe what you want with your head in the sand about the sainthood of auburn, but we do everything other programs do. 

You're just salty our archrival has the best coach in CFB history. Runs a clean program and wins. Maybe one day auburn will have the next Saban, but as long as Auburn pretends to be some super moral place where only saints can coach, we will miss on major clean, quality, upstanding coaches as we claim a moral high ground as a consolation for losing on the field. 

You are just unequivocially wrong about so many things. It's wild. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realistically, Urban Meyer would never want to come to Auburn to face Saban, Smart, Jimbo and LSU every single year.

And realistically, Auburn would never offer him the opportunity.

 

Edited by AURex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, keesler said:

We have a coach that wins with class!  He's even considerate of our biggest rival.  He chose to slow the game down to a snails pace in the IB so they wouldn't have to humiliate his team any worse - now that's considerate, classy and "Creed" worthy.    

 

Gus violated "a spirit that is not afraid" in that game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a coach that wins with class right now.

Problem is, most coaches who make winning and winning big a priority are generally grade-A @$$holes. 

In fact, if you look at a lot of industries, the top of the top generally didn't get to where they are by being nice.

We need to get a cold blooded killer on the recruiting trail and on the field because a nice guy who's scared to play in the mud with Saban, Jimbo, Orgeron, and Smart is just not going to cut it in this era. We have to adjust how we approach things, not do a complete 180 but we need to start emphasizing areas that we've ignored when it comes to finding coaches. As my bro @GwillMac6 says, we are a sleeping giant and we've had bad, mediocre, and good coaches all win big here. So just imagine what the actual right hire could do for us...

  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not happy losing to anyone and to ask if I am happy losing to Saban and Smart every year is a misnomer. We haven't lost to them every year. It sounds a lot like "Winning isn't everything, it is the only thing", which was said by a famous drunk decades ago.  The facts are that Saban, or anyone who coaches at Alabama, will never play by the rules.  They think rules don't apply to them.  That is why in almost every aspect of SEC football there is now a Saban rule. There are these rules because while he may not have broken the letter of a rule, he certainly broke the spirit of a rule and so a clarified "Saban" addendum has been put in place.  I still believe that a program can be successful with a man of character leading it.  You might as well be an Alabama fan if you are willing to sell your soul for winning's sake.  It is my opinion that Saban is taking Alabama into uncharted waters.  There is already a huge bias against the SEC.  If Saban wins another NC this year and challenges for one next year too, there will be coaches all over the country ready to turn Alabama in for cheating, which we all know they do big time.  So yes, I would rather see us run a clean program with a coach of high character because it is the right thing to do and because when Alabama falls, they will fall hard.

 

JWShewmake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Gus violated "a spirit that is not afraid" in that game. 

He and his team showed the backbone of a jelly fish in more than that game this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

I am not happy losing to anyone and to ask if I am happy losing to Saban and Smart every year is a misnomer. We haven't lost to them every year. It sounds a lot like "Winning isn't everything, it is the only thing", which was said by a famous drunk decades ago.  The facts are that Saban, or anyone who coaches at Alabama, will never play by the rules.  They think rules don't apply to them.  That is why in almost every aspect of SEC football there is now a Saban rule. There are these rules because while he may not have broken the letter of a rule, he certainly broke the spirit of a rule and so a clarified "Saban" addendum has been put in place.  I still believe that a program can be successful with a man of character leading it.  You might as well be an Alabama fan if you are willing to sell your soul for winning's sake.  It is my opinion that Saban is taking Alabama into uncharted waters.  There is already a huge bias against the SEC.  If Saban wins another NC this year and challenges for one next year too, there will be coaches all over the country ready to turn Alabama in for cheating, which we all know they do big time.  So yes, I would rather see us run a clean program with a coach of high character because it is the right thing to do and because when Alabama falls, they will fall hard.

 

JWShewmake

For ME, it doesn't have a damn thing to do with what uat's doing or how Saban cheats.

I have a serious problem watching Auburn lose to first year coaches like Moorehead at MSU (where their QB ran for +190 yrds up the gut on this D) and Pruitt at UT (who beat us in JHS) and pissing away games against freakin Orgeron & Steve Ensminger at LSU.....and that's just this year.  Bottom line, Gus isn't winning enough and his team looks horrible way too much.  

CGM is in over his head, but if you would rather see AU run a clean program with a coach of character, then you have to happy as a clam with the status quo.:cool:

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

I am not happy losing to anyone and to ask if I am happy losing to Saban and Smart every year is a misnomer. We haven't lost to them every year.

Gus is 4-9 against uga and bama. He's lost to both of them 4 of the last 5 years. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Gus is 4-9 against uga and bama. He's lost to both of them 4 of the last 5 years. 

2-4 v uat

2-5 v uga

2-4 v lsu  :puke1:

3-3 v msu  :puke:

BUT as long as Coach is a man of character, shows class, runs a clean program and represents the Creed everything's OK!  (Allow me to divert my eyes from the AU PTB & big $$ men swinging their johnson's & werkin behind the scene's trying to can our HC while courting the likes of Bob Stoooooops)

 

Edited by keesler
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tiger said:

We have a coach that wins with class right now.

Problem is, most coaches who make winning and winning big a priority are generally grade-A @$$holes. 

In fact, if you look at a lot of industries, the top of the top generally didn't get to where they are by being nice.

We need to get a cold blooded killer on the recruiting trail and on the field because a nice guy who's scared to play in the mud with Saban, Jimbo, Orgeron, and Smart is just not going to cut it in this era. We have to adjust how we approach things, not do a complete 180 but we need to start emphasizing areas that we've ignored when it comes to finding coaches. As my bro @GwillMac6 says, we are a sleeping giant and we've had bad, mediocre, and good coaches all win big here. So just imagine what the actual right hire could do for us...

Wait who are the good coaches we have had since dye?! lol. I guess Tubs but he was honestly just above average. We really have not had a truly good coach since dye. Auburn is just set up so well to succeed that these clowns have success in spite of not being worth a damn! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Wait who are the good coaches we have had since dye?! lol. I guess Tubs but he was honestly just above average. We really have not had a truly good coach since dye. Auburn is just set up so well to succeed that these clowns have success in spite of not being worth a damn! lol

I see it as:

Dye - good

Bowden - bad

Tubs - above averagey/goodish

Chizik - nightmare

Gus - average

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Tiger said:

I see it as:

Dye - good

Bowden - bad

Tubs - above averagey/goodish

Chizik - nightmare

Gus - average

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA your description of the Chiz made me snort my cherry dr pepper through my nose!!!! And yet I still dislike Gus more than any of them even though he is not the worst because his run has been the most painful and brought the most frustration!!! I would put Bowden ahead of Gus just because the talent has been there with Gus but 4 of the 6 seasons have been complete and utter letdowns. 2014 and this season is 2 of the most wasteful seasons in Auburn history.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

So you've got nothing. Thanks for playing. 

Actually you have nothing. There's plenty out there about bammer and about lil'nicky besides what I know personally. You made an ignorant statement. 

Edited by Tigerbelle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AU64 said:

I maybe scan a dozen or so comments but at the bottom of the article they have the count of comments and it's pretty normal for the number to be in triple digits on article like.....Asa's redshirt.....or the one on Brousard. which drew over 300 comments ….and I'd bet that 3/4th were from bammers.   Amazing huh? :-\ 

Maybe they just don't have enough projects to keep them occupied. I'd keep them hopping, especially this time of year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AUght2win said:

See previous posts. Hard to believe but you can hire a high character guy AND win. Clemson is doing it as we speak. The greatest college coach of all time, John Wooden, was of the highesr degree of character.

Annnndddd...Tony Dungy!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this