Why Broussard left team

aubiefifty

34 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

The best I remember Broussard was two steps behind his man most of the time.

If you remember him at all you’re way ahead of me. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm okay with Al.com now that the horrible writer is gone...he hated it covering auburn and he let it show. I doubt this article freaking lied with direct quotes. Broussard spoke truth and was grateful but felt like he deserved to see the field.  There is nothing in there that should be taken negatively. 

As for the folks that are TRANSFERRING of late, It's a big deal because we rarely have 4 and 5 stars leaving. That doesn't happen to AU. We  sign those guys to be corner stones to the team. People need to let go of the 'not a real man, couldn't cut it' attitude...it's the same crap coming out of tuscalooserville and it does not reflect kindly. Now if they are a bunch of knucklheads that's okay but all of these guys were not and could have been contributors. They felt the same way and couldn't get straight answers. The article points it out and it lies with the head coach in my opinion. Fans have been in the dark for years....

13 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I don’t why people blame Gus for Broussard leaving.  Kevin Steele makes the call on who starts on defense and if he couldn’t crack the lineup then that’s on Broussard.  Kevin Steele is going to put the best 11 out there.  It’s a lazy story during a slow part of the season.  

Exactly and of coarse they aren't going to print despite his best efforts the guys in front of him were just better etc.......

The thing with HS studs is while they may be a superstar on their HS team the move to D1 is a whole team of HS studs competing. Not everyone can get on the field at the same time.......only the best at their positon.

16 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

As for the folks that are leaving of late, It's a big deal because we rarely have 4 and 5 stars leaving. That doesn't happen to AU.

Wrong!!! It's been happening since I first started following Auburn football, back in the 1960's. It happens everywhere, not just Auburn.

Recent years, 4 and 5* players only named:

14/15 season:Jackell Mitchell, Sammy Coates, Pat Miller, K. Bissent, total of 12 left.

15/16 season: Duke Williams, Sean Coleman, Avery Young, Jordan Diamond, Roc Thomas, Tim Irvin. Total of 14 left.

16/17 season: Jovon Robinson, Landon Rice, Carl Lawson, S. Truitt, Cam Toney, Woody Barrett, Antuan Jackson. Total of 12 left.

59 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Wrong!!! It's been happening since I first started following Auburn football, back in the 1960's. It happens everywhere, not just Auburn.

14/15 season:Jackell Mitchell, Sammy Coates, Pat Miller, K. Bissent, total of 12 left.

15/16 season: Duke Williams, Sean Coleman, Avery Young, Jordan Diamond, Roc Thomas, Tim Irvin. Total of 14 left.

16/17 season: Jovon Robinson, Landon Rice, Carl Lawson, S. Truitt, Cam Toney, Woody Barrett, Antuan Jackson. Total of 12 left.

Wrong!!! How many are composite 4 or 5 stars and some of those you named didn't transfer?? Leaving means transfer!!!!!! And most of those jokers were under Gus's watch... dude. I forgot that you are the 'occifer of all things factual'.

Quit jumping down people's throat. It makes you look like more of an Ahole.

Id say al.com does a ton of cheap pieces or quick hitters that’ll get someone riled up, but only when they know it won’t result in notoriety that’s too severe 

let’s say they do run a string of hit pieces on Auburn every year...from what I see, a good portion of Auburn fans are still gonna view that article, there’ll be a split amount that agree, some won’t, and that’ll be the end of it. Alabama fans have a universal status quo against negative reporting, and it’s that it won’t be tolerated largely. There’s no real equivalent because there’s no other fanbase or area that can afford to be that committed to just being pissed about their sports team. Bama football is a lot of what they have 

basically say all this to say that Auburn fans would have to entirely boycott the site (which won’t happen) or they’ll have to take football so seriously that they pre-emptively scare off potential “hit” pieces 

4 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Wrong!!! How many are composite 4 or 5 stars and some of those you named didn't transfer?? Leaving means transfer!!!!!! And most of those jokers were under Gus's watch... dude. I forgot that you are the 'occifer of all things factual'.

Actually leaving for another school means transfer.

6 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

I listed the four and five stars for you.

Leaving means leaving, not transfer. Get a dictionary if necessary.

I can go back to Allen Evans leaving on Dye's watch (Chattanooga)  or Phil Corrigan leaving on Shug's watch (Miami) if pressed. There have been many dozens in between then and now. It's a common occurrence that happens at every school and has been going on as long as there's been college football.

If you don't want people correcting you, then don't post falsehoods.

This is not an Asa Martin situation. This is a highly ranked guy who could not make it into playing time. Happens all the time. Hope he gets that playing time he is wanting at Memphis

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Sammy didn't leave he was drafted wasn't he? And he was a 3 star gem right? Or am I thinking of somebody else

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Sammy didn't leave he was drafted wasn't he? And he was a 3 star gem right? Or am I thinking of somebody else

I remembered him being a 2* for some reason, but 247 had him as a 4* and everyone else had him as a 3*. I think he's one of those who exploded at a camp and got a big, late bump. 

I'm with Mikey on this. Highly rated players leaving isn't new. It might be happening a little more the last 8-10 years, but we've also pulled in a lot more blue chip guys the last 8-10 years than we historically have. And especially on defense, we haven't seen anything unusual with transfers. Cowart was the only significant casualty and I'd argue that CRG need not be questioned about his evaluation and development of inside/outside DEs. 

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nope...Sammy was either a 2 or 3.....and do I recall that Jakell Mitchell was shot and killed? ....which is technically a transfer but also was a terribly sad incident that had lingering effects on the team.  

Hate to see all of those that left but some transferred to the NFL and for some....it was good they were leaving.  JMO   Of all those who moved to another school, only Roc had any kind of successful college career as I recall. 

The attrition hurts but some was legit.....and in some cases Gus was doing double back flips to try and keep them in school, out of trouble ….and eligible.   Modern day college football I guess. 

I think we've had too much from defensive backs. To this very day I think if we had a couple of guys that left and would've been there to play 2014 we'd have another title

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I think we've had too much from defensive backs. To this very day I think if we had a couple of guys that left and would've been there to play 2014 we'd have another title

Have we had several in the last 2-3 years? Can't believe I'm drawing a blank. But I know you pay very close attention to DBs. 

I don't know about last 2 or 3 but just random names I remember Florence, rose, some may not count this but Reed was athletic to play corner in the NFL but we had him at wr, McNeal, one of the Ryan's white or Smith , Mack Alexander, we barely played Brandon king but the Patriots knew how to use him , Moncrief, Turner, Boston, Colbert, Irvin, character, Myers, now Broussard. And my personal peeve we didn't even offer woods who's Michigan's hardest hitter, knocked a guy unconscious during the summer of his freshman year BEFORE the college weight room

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

I listed the four and five stars for you.

Leaving means leaving, not transfer. Get a dictionary if necessary.

I can go back to Allen Evans leaving on Dye's watch (Chattanooga)  or Phil Corrigan leaving on Shug's watch (Miami) if pressed. There have been many dozens in between then and now. It's a common occurrence that happens at every school and has been going on as long as there's been college football.

If you don't want people correcting you, then don't post falsehoods.

Leaving means transfer. Quit trying to post false hoods and picking fights

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I don't know about last 2 or 3 but just random names I remember Florence, rose, some may not count this but Reed was athletic to play corner in the NFL but we had him at wr, McNeal, one of the Ryan's white or Smith , Mack Alexander, we barely played Brandon king but the Patriots knew how to use him , Moncrief, Turner, Boston, Colbert, Irvin, character, Myers, now Broussard. And my personal peeve we didn't even offer woods who's Michigan's hardest hitter, knocked a guy unconscious during the summer of his freshman year BEFORE the college weight room

Okay, yeah, I was thinking mainly about the last couple years. Forgot about Character, Irvin and Colbert. 

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I remembered him being a 2* for some reason, but 247 had him as a 4* and everyone else had him as a 3*. I think he's one of those who exploded at a camp and got a big, late bump. 

Played for a 2A school if I am not mistaken.....Leroy Bears.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Okay, yeah, I was thinking mainly about the last couple years. Forgot about Character, Irvin and Colbert. 

I remember Irvin playing early when boom was here and i can't remember too much on Colbert but I do remember thinking I liked him and I thought he was going to be pretty good....that 2012 year saved us and Rudy Ford being able to play safety did as well or we would've been in a situation like we are with o line now maybe even worse. 2012 is when we got hosely and Jones I think

27 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Played for a 2A school if I am not mistaken.....Leroy Bears.

yep...had two offers....AU stole him away from Southern Miss....he was a very good baseball player in HS.  

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

Sammy did leave. He was drafted. The two are not mutually exclusive. I did make a mistake though: While Coates was a great player at Auburn, he was not a 4 or 5* prospect out of high school.

7 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Leaving means transfer. Quit trying to post false hoods and picking fights

Car Lawson left. He did not transfer, but he left. Therefore, leaving does not mean transfer.

Don't post silly things and people won't have your errors to point out.

I've been a Auburn Football season ticket holder for 10 years........I use to get on this site a lot but over the years as I've gotten older, I learned that to be successful in life you have to stay away from the negative people ( you know the people that complain every day about some BS in their life....never realizing that they are the reason that things are bad in their life)

so I get on here and there are still a lot of whiny so called Auburn fans.....I am an Auburn Fanatic and love my Auburn Tigers....I just don't get why so many Auburn fans think that someone is out to ruin the Auburn program.....I get it....with social media these days you hear a lot of negative stuff but if you just sit back and wait for the truth to come out it's never as bad as it seems.

so during this holiday season why don't we be thankful for what we have and try to look at life and Auburn Football on a more positive note....

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived