Butler Grad Transfer OT Tommy Kennedy (Miami)

Auburn Kev

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/6/2018 at 11:07 AM, Auburn Kev said:

Any info on this player? Has received offers from several P5 Schools.

Some P5 Powers have offered like Texas, Oklahoma, & FSU.  He will count in the 2019 class for a team though.

Just now, ellitor said:

Not from AU's end. We still haven't offered yet. And not just any P5s have offered. Some P5 Powers have offered like Texas, Oklahoma, & FSU.  He will count in the 2019 class for a team though so moving these posts to the 2019 thread.

Apologies, I did not realize that I had posted in the 2020 Recruit Thread. Also, I meant to mention Okie, Texas, Miami and others having offered.

1 minute ago, Auburn Kev said:

Apologies, I did not realize that I had posted in the 2020 Recruit Thread. Also, I meant to mention Okie, Texas, Miami and others having offered.

No worries.

2 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

Any info on this player? Has received offers from several P5 Schools.

Butler Bio

A little small for OT in SEC.  I know that is insane to say that 6'4 - 285 is small, but...  Could he hold his own against our Brown or Coe?  Meh....

12 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

A little small for OT in SEC.  I know that is insane to say that 6'4 - 285 is small, but...  Could he hold his own against our Brown or Coe?  Meh....

Highlight Video

13 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

If he has the wingspan, then it could work

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If he has the wingspan, then it could work

Could he add 15 pounds, and still have agility?

He has good feet and uses his hands well.  I like the way he cuts block on quick passing plays to get defender on the ground to give QB a clear passing lane. The part that is hard to project is how good he would be against SEC DE's and DT's as they will be bigger and faster than the ones he played against.  With our need he would definitely be worth a shot.  Dricoll proved to be serviceable. Like Driscoll I believe we would get him for 2 years unlike most GT's.  I hope we at least talk with him and maybe offer.

4 minutes ago, alexava said:

Guard, Tackle, Center.......?

The article I read today said tackle. And he’s blowing up with offers. 

25 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

The article I read today said tackle. And he’s blowing up with offers. 

I’ll take him. I don’t even know how to shuffle them. But it’d be nice if he could snap it. 

Butler??? Not major competition....more known for their basketball program....but I want to see us get someone mean and nasty....who going to put their facemask between the 'numbers' and drive their man downfield....we do too much 'patty-caking' with our hands... 

24 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

Butler??? Not major competition....more known for their basketball program....but I want to see us get someone mean and nasty....who going to put their facemask between the 'numbers' and drive their man downfield....we do too much 'patty-caking' with our hands... 

Grad transfers in general come from smaller schools wanting to showcase their skills at a higher level for NFL scouts FYI.  Not always the case, but pretty common.  Sometimes the reverse too.  Too buried down the depth chart so they go to a smaller school where they are guaranteed to start. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not gonna lie. I did not know Butler had a football team! lol. I thought they were like another Basketball power in Gonzaga and did not have one.

Archived