UGA QB Justin Fields Transfers to Ohio St. (Threads Merged)

GwillMac6

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I'm assuming you are close to the situation to claim that a 19 year old is a me-first prima Donna who'll divide the locker room. I don't know the kid, but I do know that we'd probably be fortunate to have him. 

I do.  He's not.

19 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

He made his choice and he chose poorly, bring on Bo Nix , he will be the second Bo to win a Heisman Trophy at Auburn. 

Bo or no Bo you don't turn down Justin Fields if you can get him. As much as I don't like Gus, I'd almost give him a mulligan on next year if it meant Fields in 2020.

I don’t understand why we would jump at every QB that decides to transfer. We do have the top dual threat QB headed our way. Maybe it just feels that way to me. 

He'll have to sit a year and if he transfers to an SEC school he'd have to pay his own way for that year. (Unless this rule has been changed again, I don't check NCAA rule changes weekly)

I think this belongs in the same thread as Jalen Hurts transferring to Auburn. Simply not going to happen.

Unless he goes to juco, moves to DB and then steals something, I'm not really considering him as a possibility for us. Instead, I'm just hoping he doesn't go to bama or any other school on our schedule.

11 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

My UGA friends are so pissed about this, its awesome. Majority of them wanted Fields playing over Fromm at beginning of the season.

So Kirby plays Fields periodically to keep him happy (most times interfering with Fromm's momentum) then tries the trickery with Fields and probably loses the SEC Championship and a slot in the playoffs and now Fields is transferring out.  I can see why the UGA fans are pissed.  

12 minutes ago, gulftiger66 said:

So Kirby plays Fields periodically to keep him happy (most times interfering with Fromm's momentum) then tries the trickery with Fields and probably loses the SEC Championship and a slot in the playoffs and now Fields is transferring out.  I can see why the UGA fans are pissed.  

Yep, all on Kirby.  Hurt the whole team worried about keeping 1 player happy. 

12 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

Here is a hypothetical...Fields or Nix.  I’m going with Nix. 

Depends on the Offense the new 2020 HC will run.

12 hours ago, Tiger said:

I want him to come to AU.

Who fits Gus' O better? Nix or Fields? Serious question 

Depends on if you think Gus will be HC in '20.

10 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

But he got sold a bill of goods by Smart and UGA.

I don't think he was. I think everyone, including the coaches, assumed he would win the job outright, but Fromm just refused to give it up.

You can't blame Kirby for continuing to play Fromm, regardless of having Fields on the bench.

• WarTiger locked and unlocked this topic
11 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

He should have never chosen that school in the beginning anyway.

NOBODY should ever choose THAT school...JMHO.

😉

20 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Yep, all on Kirby.  Hurt the whole team worried about keeping 1 player happy. 

See, this is what a lot of folks around here refuse to acknowledge. It's one thing to pull in all that NFL talent. It's another thing to manage all those kids, all those egos. Now, I'm not declaring any major cracks in the foundation in Athens. They were just a couple plays away from the playoffs and they're still light years ahead of most of the sport. But kirby's machine doesn't look quite as airtight as saban's right now. Will be interesting to see how things go from here. 

1 hour ago, atl-tiger said:

My UGA friends are so pissed about this, its awesome. Majority of them wanted Fields playing over Fromm at beginning of the season.

45 minutes ago, gulftiger66 said:

Pissed leg-humpers.

This gives a nice start to my day 😊

If Justin Fields does actually transfer, it would be pointless. He'd have to sit out for a year and won't be eligible to play until 2020. By the 2020 season, Fromm will be out of UGA and in the NFL, so Fields would be the starter at UGA.

Kirby is going to block Fields from transferring anywhere in the SEC, so I won't even bother hoping we get him.

Also, I find it hilarious that Dawg fans are calling for Kirby to get fired just because he "might" transfer and are calling it mismanagement. Like man...they wouldn't last a day as an Auburn fan.

12 hours ago, SouthGATiger said:

He’s petitioning to not sit out.... hope he wins 

He's petitioning on what grounds?  He played in 13 games this year.

Is he petitioning a sit out year because he didn't the PT he thought he deserved?  Is he petitioning because he feels like the coaches & program he voluntarily signed with didn't utilize his talents appropriately?  Is he petitioning because he has an ill family member and needs to be closer to them?

I'd love to know the claim he's presenting to the NCAA and the grounds he's using for a waiver to play in '19.

Archived