UGA QB Justin Fields Transfers to Ohio St. (Threads Merged)

GwillMac6

On 1/4/2019 at 8:37 PM, PowerOfDixieland said:

If it was an issue why wouldn't Fields have left months ago?  And oh by the way, Sasser has been gone for months.  I'm thinking Josh Moon is on the loose again....

You are spot on. Sassed was kicked out the next week, and Justin never heard the comments he was told about it. There is no doubt that Justin is an excellent athlete has has all the tools to be a game changer. But he has yet to show that he can learn an offense and be true dual threat and nit just a running QB. 

That said we handled him all wrong. He should have been redshirted. He said when he signed that he was fine with that if that is what the coaches thought was best. But we only had two scholarship QB’s so I guess they wanted him to get game action in case. But with the new redshirt rule allowing kids to play in four games. He shouldn’t have played period unless Fromm was injured and he was needed. That way he could ease into learning the systems for the first 3/4’s of the season. And played in the last 4 to get his feet wet and gained a year separation between him and Fromm.

I personally wish him all the best and will root for him, and hopes he has a great career at OSU. As long as he doesn’t try and drag us through the mud with this bs racism claim. His tweet to us when he left said exactly why he left. He didn’t think he would beat out Fromm, and wanted to go s9mewhere where he could win the starting job. So playing time is why he left not because of Sasser. If he uses the bs claim then I won’t wish him all the best. But otherwise I hope he makes good on all of the potential he has.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw a couple minutes ago that JF is immediately eligible for OSU.....guess it's pretty much open season for any transfer.  Any player who wants to transfer and is not immediately made eligible nuts....or the new school is nuts because they almost certainly can come up with a compelling story to eliminate the waiting period.

its just so incredulous it really is. the a-holes in the NCAA office are just really that bad. so literally this just happened, remind you folks. after all the months of bashing and saving face and whatever else with ohio state, urban, and the assistant and all that feel good do the right thing with domestic violence. they take a equally bad event and trade it off??!?!?! what. they basically let them off by letting this transfer happen.

just weird result and i think its bs. and dont think fields is scared. 

Someone up-thread said the NCAA should either do away with the transfer rule or enforce it. I don't think they have the guts to enforce it. They certainly now don't have any legal precedent for ever denying another waiver request. I think, for all practical purposes, the one year sit-out is a thing of the past.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Someone up-thread said the NCAA should either do away with the transfer rule or enforce it. I don't think they have the guts to enforce it. They certainly now don't have any legal precedent for ever denying another waiver request. I think, for all practical purposes, the one year sit-out is a thing of the past.

As it should be.  Any of student can transfer at anytime.  We may not like the results at the end of the day and where it leads to but when everyone at the university is able to move from job to job and coaching position to coaching position at another school and students transferring from schools to other schools it's only fair for athletes to be able to.  The game will change but the game changed many moons ago with the increase in revenue.  

• ellitor changed the title to UGA QB Justin Fields Transfers to Ohio St. (Threads Merged)

Archived