UGA QB Justin Fields Transfers to Ohio St. (Threads Merged)

GwillMac6

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we have a chance to get him?

bleacher reporting 

QB Justin Fields is transferring from Georgia, could be the country’s “most highly coveted transfer,” per @DanWolken

Interesting decision....and now lets see some articles about how Smart burned his red shirt in hopes of keeping him from transferring?  

One of the biggest free agents in college football history. He is a serious player with size. Will we consider him. Will he consider us. He would crush it at OK. Frankly, he will be terrific at most schools. This is huge news. So glad he is leaving UGA! Come to AU please. He was tied pretty tightly to Cam because of his 7 on 7 team.

TODAY

Highly touted quarterback Justin Fields has notified Georgia he intends to transfer, a person with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the school has not yet acknowledged the transfer.

Fields, who backed up Jake Fromm this season, was the No. 2 overall recruit in the country just a year ago in the Rivals.com rankings. Fields’ arrival at Georgia came with immediate questions about how he would fit in the program, as Fromm had quarterbacked the Bulldogs to the national title game as a true freshman.

Georgia quarterback Justin Fields runs the ball against Alabama during the fourth quarter in the 2018 SEC championship game.

Jason Getz, USA TODAY Sports

As it turned out, Georgia never found a consistent role for Fields, who completed 27 of 39 passes for 328 yards and four touchdowns and had 42 rushing attempts for 266 yards.

His most memorable play of the season came when he was supposed to run a fake punt against Alabama late in the SEC championship game with the score tied, a play that failed and ultimately paved the way for Alabama’s game-winning touchdown.

Though Fields showed a few flashes of his talent, they came mostly in blowout games and it wasn’t clear that he had a path to more playing time next season with Fromm returning for his junior season in 2019.

Fields was also the subject of racially bigoted comments made by a Georgia baseball player during a Sept. 29 win against Tennessee, which led to that player’s dismissal from the program after an internal investigation.

Fields, from Kennesaw, Ga., just outside of Atlanta, arguably will be the most highly coveted transfer in all of college football. He is expected to appeal to the NCAA to be eligible this season.

A message left with the Georgia athletics department was not immediately returned.

View | 24 Photos

Best of college football's 2018 bowl season

Originally Published 7:44 pm EST December 17, 2018

Its not like Fromm just came out of no where.  Did he really believe he was going to unseat him?    Too many people blow smoke up these kids asses where they believe they are super man 

1 minute ago, CameronCrazy said:

We reportedly finished 2nd in his recruitment. I’m just not sure how he views us now.

I hope he views us as his next place to play!

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Say we did land fields somehow..... How would this impact Bo? 

My quess is Fields will be a 2 and done kid. If Nix redshirts, he would still have several years left at AU.

Just now, Tiger said:

I want him to come to AU.

Who fits Gus' O better? Nix or Fields? Serious question 

I havent seen enough decision making to make an honest assessment.  it all comes down to how well they make decisions and how quickly

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Damn

Guess I'm not too surprised.....bama has had two or three of them move on.....QBs are tough to analyze in my view....and more than we know, they are limited to about one type of offense .    JMO  while I would love to have him at AU.....I'm not sure from what I've seen while he was at Ga, that he would be ready to play here.   Looked more like Willis than I liked to see. ...well a better passer but maybe no better in decision making?  :dunno:  

He would certainly change my outlook on AUs chances next year if he did decide to come here. Game changer type of talent. But he can go and start for probably 75% of schools out there so he'll have options

19 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I want him to come to AU.

Who fits Gus' O better? Nix or Fields? Serious question 

Fields. But our next coach Jeff Brohm Bo Nix fits his offense a lot better lol! Gus will most likely only be here for 1 more year so it is not too big of a deal.

Would love tp get him and give Bo a chance to redshirt and get acclimated to college skill level. However, no matter the skill players we bring in, WE NEED THE OLINE!!!!! Even Cam would struggle with our Oline. Games are won and lost in the trenches in the SEC and this season made that point even so painfully clear once again. 

I doubt Fields comes here. I'm no insider and also don't keep up with recruiting but I think a smart move for Fields would be to LSU. Since he'll have to sit out next year, Joe Burrow will be a SR in 2019 so Fields would very likely be the favorite to be the starting QB for LSU in 2020. 

Archived