UGA QB Justin Fields Transfers to Ohio St. (Threads Merged)

GwillMac6

Wouldn't he have to sit out a year? If so I don't see how it will help him to transfer. Fromm would probably go pro by the time he could play at another school anyway. But yeah I'm all for him coming if that's what he wants.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI..... I’ll say it again.... he made the statement that he should have came to AU  instead of Ga and that he would be playing. 

Now it’s on Gus and dilly to go get him.

Just now, SouthGATiger said:

FYI..... I’ll say it again.... he made the statement that he should have came to AU  instead of Ga and that he would be playing. 

Now it’s on Gus and dilly to go get him.

Idk..he would sit out a season....and be competing with Bo right away. I never understood why he chose UGA anyway....no way he was gonna unseat Fromm

Won’t he have to sit a year?

If I recall, he was a silent commit to us...until he wasn’t.

I never understood why he went to uga. Glad he’s leaving. 

5 minutes ago, SouthGATiger said:

He’s petitioning to not sit out.... hope he wins 

Is he? 

Just saw a tweet that he is exploring transferring and hadn’t told the coaches yet. 🤷🏻‍♀️

26 minutes ago, Weagle1787 said:

Hoping we don't entertain the idea. He's a me-first prima donna who'll guarantee a divided locker room. Not a good look with all the other issues we're dealing with. 

I'm assuming you are close to the situation to claim that a 19 year old is a me-first prima Donna who'll divide the locker room. I don't know the kid, but I do know that we'd probably be fortunate to have him. 

9 minutes ago, SouthGATiger said:

He’s petitioning to not sit out.... hope he wins 

How would that be?  I read where he played in every game. Not sure how he would present his case on that. 

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Do we have a chance to get him?

bleacher reporting 

QB Justin Fields is transferring from Georgia, could be the country’s “most highly coveted transfer,” per @DanWolken

com.gif

ESPN is reporting that he would consider Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Florida State. I’m surprised that Florida wasn’t mentioned. If Gus Malzahn wants to coach at Auburn beyond 2019, he better be making this happen.

47 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

He should have never chosen that school in the beginning anyway.

That is the thing about great recruiters. They get the elite kids to commit to them even when it does not make sense.

Correction: he intends to transfer. He is exploring his options, but he has not let the coaching staff know officially yet. My guess is Kirby convinces him to stay.

54 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I doubt Fields comes here. I'm no insider and also don't keep up with recruiting but I think a smart move for Fields would be to LSU. Since he'll have to sit out next year, Joe Burrow will be a SR in 2019 so Fields would very likely be the favorite to be the starting QB for LSU in 2020. 

I hope for the kids sake he choses somewhere to go for him that is better than playing for steve ensminger! lol

3 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

I cannot see how he would be given a unconditional release to another SEC school.  

I don’t think coaches can dictate transfer options any longer....

Archived