UGA QB Justin Fields Transfers to Ohio St. (Threads Merged)

GwillMac6

• ellitor changed the title to UGA QB Justin Fields Transferring

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finebaum thinks with the lawyer representing the family and the waiver based upon the racism, fields will win and be eligible to play immediately. He also said OU or OSU. If they want him, I don’t see how we have a chance really. Unless we tell him exactly what we told Cam back in 2010. 

1 hour ago, Beenjammin said:

Finebaum thinks with the lawyer representing the family and the waiver based upon the racism, fields will win and be eligible to play immediately. He also said OU or OSU. If they want him, I don’t see how we have a chance really. Unless we tell him exactly what we told Cam back in 2010. 

We don't

All of my UGA friends and myself finding out Fields is transferring with Hasslewood most likely following him:

aocjx.jpg:

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

All of my UGA friends and myself finding out Fields is transferring with Hasslewood most likely following him:

aocjx.jpg:

Survivor.............................................

9 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Survivor.............................................

That show is actually the reason why I missed the first half of the Auburn basketball game last night.  Watched every season.  Fun fact: last season two Auburn graduates that knew each other at Auburn were on the show.  Randomly selected on the show for the same season.  Not intentional at all.  And one of the season's first winners, Parvati, is the daughter of one of my high school teachers.

42 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

That show is actually the reason why I missed the first half of the Auburn basketball game last night.  Watched every season.  Fun fact: last season two Auburn graduates that knew each other at Auburn were on the show.  Randomly selected on the show for the same season.  Not intentional at all.  And one of the season's first winners, Parvati, is the daughter of one of my high school teachers.

-882510785c5725f2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

Anybody have any idea if AU would be an option if he did transfer? Ohio State has been mentioned but that’s all I have read.

www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/165537-uga-qb-justin-fields-transferring/

18 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/165537-uga-qb-justin-fields-transferring/

Reading seems to be a lost art. lol

32 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

JMO but I bet uga lost him in bowl game......or maybe just before it.    Should have done something with him to give the Texas defense something to think about with a running QB.  

32 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I agree he may stay at Georgia but I think it’s risky given the fact he was so quick to want to bolt. What would keep him from doing it three games in? Just seems like things could continue to simmer if Smart doesn’t feed the ego

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

IDK why OSU wouldnt be a great choice, they woulda had Cardale drafted in the first 3 rounds if he went early (based off only 3 games) and produced Haskins whos the best QB on the board. Braxton probably would've been a late flyer and the fact that they even made J.T palatable for the league is impressive in itself. OU is the king of QB play this millenium but OSU isnt that far behind

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

IDK why OSU wouldnt be a great choice, they woulda had Cardale drafted in the first 3 rounds if he went early (based off only 3 games) and produced Haskins whos the best QB on the board. Braxton probably would've been a late flyer and the fact that they even made J.T palatable for the league is impressive in itself. OU is the king of QB play this millenium but OSU isnt that far behind

Did you read the article? It's a very similar situation to his current one. 

3 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Did you read the article? It's a very similar situation to his current one. 

the article is cool, Fields isnt losing out to Tate Martell lol. Tate has been feeling the pressure about Justin since these rumors leaked, if anything he sounds shook even answering about it, much less in such a dismissive way. Fields is through and through the prototypical star OSU QB since Urban got there. 

I think he should go to OU but the competition there is FAR greater than OSU. Austin has gotten two years of development and supposedly heavily pushed Kyler (B/R would have you believe Kyler got the nod b/c he would've immediately left for baseball) and was a stud recruit, while Spencer Rattler is every bit the talent that Tate is without the Texas H.S hype. OSU just has Tate pretty much 

9 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

this man has said a literal full page article worth of quips about Justin, yet [JF] should be worried about losing out to him? If you believe tropes and storylines, Martell might as well pack his bags now 

Article just posted on Al. Com indicates Fields is in Columbus today. 

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/report-justin-fields-will-transfer-ohio-state/DPUXRm6S6xLdUsaIiTRyyO/

Report: Justin Fields will transfer to Ohio State

24 minutes ago By AJC Sports

Georgia quarterback Justin Fields is expected to make his transfer to Ohio State official as early as today, according to a published report.

According to Letterman Row, Fields is expected on the Columbus, Ohio, campus Friday to move in ahead of the resumption of classes. The move would clear the way for him to participate in the offseason program and spring practice.

Fields, who informed Georgia coaches following the SEC Championship Game he would explore a transfer, has been in communication with Ohio State throughout the exploratory transfer process.

Fields’ decision could be tied to Buckeyes starter’s Dwayne Haskins impending decision to head to the NFL. (Fields and Haskins train with Atlanta-based quarterbacks coach Quincy Avery.)

Fields, a celebrated 5-star prospect from Kennesaw, played in 13 of 15 games for the Bulldogs this season.

Fields was 27-of-39 passing for 328 yards with four touchdowns and no interceptions in his 13 appearances, and he also rushed 42 times for 266 yards and four touchdowns.

Georgia signee Dwan Mathis flipped his commitment from the Buckeyes to Georgia after the Bulldogs staff reached out three days before the early signing day.

19 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Article just posted on Al. Com indicates Fields is in Columbus today. 

I was thinking Columbus, GA.

4 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I was thinking Columbus, GA.

Well that would put him closer to Auburn. Lol. (Although I’m not sure I would want that. Too much possibility of drama......we have enough of that without any additions😬)

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

Fields was 27-of-39 passing for 328 yards with four touchdowns and no interceptions in his 13 appearances, and he also rushed 42 times for 266 yards and four touchdowns.

I didn't realize his stats were that decent considering how little he played. 

11 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

this man has said a literal full page article worth of quips about Justin, yet [JF] should be worried about losing out to him? If you believe tropes and storylines, Martell might as well pack his bags now 

I hope Fields beats out Tate Martell for the starting job. Martell is a sore loser and extremely unsportsmanlike. Subtweeting Fields, then that entire interview where he tries to act like he's being competitive when really he was just being a jerk about the rumors. Just say you'd be excited to play alongside Fields if he comes, and keep it moving. No need to start declaring yourself the starter or talking down/condescending Fields.

Archived