If you still haven’t figured out Trump’s a crook

TexasTiger

8 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

You have a limited view. And seriously, using Fox to back it up? I live in rural Alabama. And I have black neighbors. And our local DMV closed due to Republican attempts to restrict minority voting. People had to drive 30 minutes to an hour away just to get a license. Not everyone in my County has internet access. My parents live in a section of the county where there is no internet provider so they pay hundreds of dollars for internet through Verizon. Not everyone in my county has that kind of money. So all your bold statements intended to prove racism among democrats just show your limited lack of knowledge on America outside your neighborhood. 

And that proves my point in a way. The lack of DMV and/or Internet Provider is a challenge for all in that environment, not just the minorities. You are trying to say that it only affects minorities or disproportionately affects them. 

You also glomed over my point, in the video, the college kids and professors LOUDLY proclaimed that  Minorities were too stupid to be able to get IDs and too stupid to be able to use a smartphone or the Internet. You have disregarded over half of what the video focused on. Those interviewed blindly insisted that minorities could not use the internet because they were incapable of using it. 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

That’s because the plans to get students out of substandard schools only apply to the wealthier families. You think Republicans are going to bus impoverished kids to a better school system so they can get a top notch education? These plans are designed to disadvantage poor rural communities. 

THAT is total BS and you know that. What a crock. Putting parents in charge of their kid's educational outcomes is what this is about. When you keep schools failing and then tie the parent's hand when they try and improve their kid's choices, that is forcing them into a no-win situation. 

High Public School Spending in DC Hasn’t Produced Desired Outcomes

Estimates suggest spending is somewhere between $27,000 and $29,000 per child per year, which is roughly double the national average. Assuming $27,000 per student per year, D.C. taxpayers spend about $350,000 on a student from kindergarten through graduation.

One could be forgiven for expecting good educational outcomes for such breathtaking sums. Yet educational outcomes in the District of Columbia are one of the clearest examples of the disconnect between spending and academic achievement.

Recently released National Assessment of Educational Progress scores make that clear.

Although the District has made considerable progress on the national assessment—often referred to as “the nation’s report card”—over the past two decades, the city’s scores for eighth-graders still fall short of the national average by nearly 20 points—approximately two grade levels of learning.

In eighth-grade math, for example, D.C. students scored 16 points below the national average. In reading, D.C. students were 19 points behind their peers across the country.

Proficiency levels in reading and math also leave much to be desired. Among fourth-graders, 32 percent scored proficient or better in math, and 29 percent scored proficient in reading. Just 20 percent of eighth-graders tested proficient or better in reading, and just 21 percent in math.

That’s right: Just two out of 10 eighth-graders in D.C. public schools can read or do math proficiently.

This is the reality of Washington DC Public Schools for 3 decades. We could have fixed this 30 years ago. But, with the Dems, it is just a bunch of N-words, so who really cares?

5 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

And that proves my point in a way. The lack of DMV and/or Internet Provider is a challenge for all in that environment, not just the minorities. You are trying to say that it only affects minorities or disproportionately affects them. 

You also glomed over my point, in the video, the college kids and professors LOUDLY proclaimed that  Minorities were too stupid to be able to get IDs and too stupid to be able to use a smartphone or the Internet. You have disregarded over half of what the video focused on. Those interviewed blindly insisted that minorities could not use the internet because they were incapable of using it. 

I am not trying to say it only affects minorities. Work on your reading comprehension. But it affects minorities at a greater rate than non minorities. It affectes thevinpiverished as well, all groups that the GOP works against. 

I didn’t watch the video. Fox News is merely bull**** and propoganda. You want to seriously discuss a topic then leave Fox out of it. I’m not entertaining  illegitimate sources. 

8 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

I am not trying to say it only affects minorities. Work on your reading comprehension. But it affects minorities at a greater rate than non minorities. It affectes thevinpiverished as well, all groups that the GOP works against. 

I didn’t watch the video. Fox News is merely bull**** and propoganda. You want to seriously discuss a topic then leave Fox out of it. I’m not entertaining  illegitimate sources. 

I used the Fox source one time in 13 years. And I could have found another. The video was shot by a group called The Mediators, and was simply picked up by Fox. I guess If Obama video was aired on Fox that would make him a bad guy in your world? But again, you arent answering the question...

Didnt watch the video? Proud Elle might be your new screen name around here...

44 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Elle, for some unfathomable reason, you have clearly activated David's irrational rant mode.

Welcome to the club.

I am having a sane debate with an Intelligent and Respected Individual that I think is not looking at a valid side of an issue or point. I am not blindly and relentlessly calling her a Trumpster on every thread for two years... like moi.

12 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I am having a sane debate with an Intelligent and Respected Individual that I think is not looking at a valid side of an issue or point. I am not blindly and relentlessly calling her a Trumpster on every thread for two years... like moi.

I knew that was your excuse.  :laugh:

As you know, I did that once David.  And I told you at the time I wasn't serious.  And since you have apparently forgotten, I will apologize now for saying you said you supported Trump.  I didn't mean it. You are not a Trumpster and you never said you supported Trump.  I apologize for saying.  And I regret doing so for obvious reasons. ;)

OK?  Can we drop that aspect of our dispute now?

You - on the other hand - cannot produce the original statement you claimed I lied about, because I didn't say it. 

Why that error would be sooooo important for you to double down on, God only knows.  But I am pretty sure it has something to do with your general temperament.

17 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Ask Elle how "sane" she thinks it is.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Elle, for some unfathomable reason, you have clearly activated David's irrational rant mode.

Welcome to the club.

I’m feeling like Nancy Pelosi in shades. Cheers 🥂 

12 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I used the Fox source one time in 13 years. And I could have found another. The video was shot by a group called The Mediators, and was simply picked up by Fox. I guess If Obama video was aired on Fox that would make him a bad guy in your world? But again, you arent answering the question...

Didnt watch the video? Proud Elle might be your new screen name around here...

Am I supposed to be the one keeping up with how many times you use Fox? 

Let’s review- I’m not answering your questions because they are stupid. You are trying to support an insane claim that both parties are the same. I’ve illustrated many many differences between the two, with which you reply with typical right wing rhetoric “but Obama.”

No part of your responses has been logical. My personal favorite was where you claim Democrats are racist because we say blacks don’t have internet access. But I’m sure in your mind that’s no different that a Republican calling white supremacists marching in the streets with tiki torches “very fine people.” Go makeout with Jill Stein. Maybe she’ll love your pronouncements. I’m not the one. 

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

As you know, I did that once David. 

Image result for wtf meme

Once? Frickin Once? You are a sad sick pathetic lil man,

5 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Once? Frickin Once? You are a sad sick pathetic lil man,

Well, you can always prove me wrong, after all, this is a written format.

You have issues. :no:

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Ohhhh, you’re triggered aren’t you?

What I am is sick of the right using abortion as a platform for the moral high ground. The hypocrisy of labeling yourselves as pro-life while your candidates run on robbing millions of people of healthcare is glaring. The self righteous rouse is nauseating. 

37 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

who ran on this?

Well, they didn't actually admit the truth.  They lied in order to fool the gullible.

They said things like "repeal (Obamacare) and replace"     or 

“I am going to take care of everybody … Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.”

Here's an article that discusses a few more Trump claims:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-obamacare-promises-236021

40 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, they didn't actually admit the truth.  They lied in order to fool the gullible.

They said things like "repeal (Obamacare) and replace"     or 

“I am going to take care of everybody … Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.”

Here's an article that discusses a few more Trump claims:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-obamacare-promises-236021

Sidenote: The GOP mantra was “Repeal Obama Care.” Trump backed them in a corner with his alliteration attempt “repeal and replace.”

4 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

What I am is sick of the right using abortion as a platform for the moral high ground. The hypocrisy of labeling yourselves as pro-life while your candidates run on robbing millions of people of healthcare is glaring. The self righteous rouse is nauseating. 

You're missing the point El. You continually articulate mischaracterizations of Republicans as if said articulations are fact. Don't get mad when a person dispenses to you a dose of your own medicine. Or even better, just don't do it in the first place. 

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You're missing the point El. You continually articulate mischaracterizations of Republicans as if said articulations are fact. Don't get mad when a person dispenses to you a dose of your own medicine. Or even better, just don't do it in the first place. 

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

While I don't condone many things Trump has done and said, he has protected religious liberties and appointed a conservative to the Supreme Court. This is in contrast to HRC saying "we have to change long-held beliefs" in this country and  calling people who opposed her and her radical agenda "deplorables". I think we all know she was aiming this at conservative Christians and their opposition to abortion on demand ,  homosexuality and transgender issues.

On 1/2/2019 at 3:40 PM, NolaAuTiger said:

Mischaracterizations? I think I’ve been very accurate about Republicans. Do you have any evidence to supports your accusation counselor? Or is it truth because you say so?

On 12/30/2018 at 8:41 PM, SaltyTiger said:

" white racist men" love to pay a lot for healthcare, put children in cages....... 

I bet they smoke cigars 

I smoke cigars

17 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Mischaracterizations? I think I’ve been very accurate about Republicans. Do you have any evidence to supports your accusation counselor? Or is it truth because you say so?

Are you this naive, professor?

On 12/29/2018 at 6:41 PM, GiveEmElle said:

It’s sad that saying “white males” that are racist gets the white males here in a snit. If you didn’t vote for Trump then I wasn’t referring to you. Chill. 

Lol. Yet in this thread you compare me to Trump and lob me in the cult. Then all of the sudden it is I was not referring to you. Perhaps before attacking others reading comprehension you should analyze your own.

Archived