details of Kenny Dillingham’s contract

aubiefifty

The details of Auburn OC Kenny Dillingham’s contract

Updated Dec 17, 1:57 PM; Posted Dec 17, 1:57 PM

Auburn offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Kenny Dillingham took part in his first practice with the Tigers on Thursday as they began preparation for the Music City Bowl.

0 shares

By Tom Green | tgreen@al.com and Sam Blum | SBlum@al.com

Auburn offensive coordinator Kenny Dillingham will make a base salary of $500,000 at Auburn. His contract will run until Jan. 31, 2021. AL.com received details of the contract through an open records request.

The records provided indicate that a contract has yet to be signed, but the terms of the contract were agreed upon and signed by Dillingham and Director of Athletics Allen Greene.

Dillingham, 28, was announced as Auburn’s offensive coordinator on Dec. 9. He previously served in the same position at Memphis. He will not be in charge of calling offensive plays — Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn will take over those duties in the bowl game and for next year.

Dillingham can pursue another job after the 2019 season — after Dec. 1 or the 2019 SEC Championship game, should Auburn be participating — without being responsible for a buyout. Auburn is responsible for paying a buyout should they terminate his employment without cause at any point during his contract.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, auskip07 said:

so a multi year contract... guess the rumors of barring multi year contracts was another "story" 

Yep.

With all these blogs and "news" sites cropping up and "freedom of the press" fake news is permeating every aspect of reporting now.  Nobody is held accountable either....unless via Twitter (that "other" source of news).  

Ugh.

8 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

so a multi year contract... guess the rumors of barring multi year contracts was another "story" 

Big difference when a multi year contract with Freeze means $1-2M per year more than a multi year contract with Dillingham.

15 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Haha pretty much. I am sure it was discussed though so it’s okay. 

35 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

There were too many "stories" and rumors from "inside sources" and "folks close to the Athletic Dept."  Auburn beat writers Jay G. Tate (has always been trustworthy), Brandon Marchello (puke), and Josh Moon (political hack) came out of the woodwork for what?

Phillip Marshall (Auburn to the core) specifically stated >>> "Malzhan was presented with a ridiculous offer.  He called their bluff and said he would consider it.  The president left for D.C.  Instead of empowering Greene, who he hired, to resolve a deteriorating situation, Leath asked trustee Raymond Harbert to negotiate with Malzhan."  "One who is a major donor and carries Auburn in his heart everyday of his life wrote this to me:  "I really have no words to accurately describe what I feel and think.  I've never seen incompetence to this degree - and I've seen some pretty bad things."  Some people who are important to me are not happy with me for reporting the things I've reported over the past week.  In reality, however, they are most unhappy about what has happened and the way it has happened....."                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

I'd love to know who duped all these journalists/tweeters/reporters and baited them into publishing details like this?

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

There were too many "stories" and rumors from "inside sources" and "folks close to the Athletic Dept."  Auburn beat writers Jay G. Tate (has always been trustworthy), Brandon Marchello (puke), and Josh Moon (political hack) came out of the woodwork for what?

Phillip Marshall (Auburn to the core) specifically stated >>> "Malzhan was presented with a ridiculous offer.  He called their bluff and said he would consider it.  The president left for D.C.  Instead of empowering Greene, who he hired, to resolve a deteriorating situation, Leath asked trustee Raymond Harbert to negotiate with Malzhan."  "One who is a major donor and carries Auburn in his heart everyday of his life wrote this to me:  "I really have no words to accurately describe what I feel and think.  I've never seen incompetence to this degree - and I've seen some pretty bad things."  Some people who are important to me are not happy with me for reporting the things I've reported over the past week.  In reality, however, they are most unhappy about what has happened and the way it has happened....."                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

I'd love to know who duped all these journalists/tweeters/reporters and baited them into publishing details like this?

Whoever is doing it  they are using our own media to make Auburn look bad 

40 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Big difference when a multi year contract with Freeze means $1-2M per year more than a multi year contract with Dillingham.

When you're staring down a 37 milling dollar pay out whats another  2-4 mil?    

1 hour ago, auskip07 said:

What are the odds he's at AU past a year?

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

Dillingham can pursue another job after the 2019 season — after Dec. 1 or the 2019 SEC Championship game, should Auburn be participating — without being responsible for a buyout. Auburn is responsible for paying a buyout should they terminate his employment without cause at any point during his contract.

Will we ever learn? Tilted scales, again.

It's just a contingency at this point. If we do really well next year (10+ wins) and we keep Gus, then we still have an "OC" and aren't looking for another unless he decides to pursue another opportunity himself.

When you're staring down a 37 milling dollar pay out whats another  2-4 mil?    

$2M-$4M that you could use on your next coach or his assistants

My vote is on Marcello. He is a journalist looking for sensational stories rather than being a beat writer to keep Auburn fans informed.

He’s also a terrible journalist, and uses a lot of unsubstantiated sources. I remember some rumor popping up on the board here a couple of years ago that turned out to be completely wrong. After reading it on here, Marcello published it as if he had a source saying it was true. He later retracted it and tried to pretend he never wrote it to being with.

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Factsy McTrutherson, that farging icehole!

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, kwagoner said:

Will we ever learn? Tilted scales, again.

maybe............one day. we are our own worst enemy.......

23 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

My vote is on Marcello. He is a journalist looking for sensational stories rather than being a beat writer to keep Auburn fans informed.

He’s also a terrible journalist, and uses a lot of unsubstantiated sources. I remember some rumor popping up on the board here a couple of years ago that turned out to be completely wrong. After reading it on here, Marcello published it as if he had a source saying it was true. He later retracted it and tried to pretend he never wrote it to being with.

It's funny that the only person I hear Gus respond to by name in his press conferences is Marcello. And he's usually not thrilled with whatever question Brandon has. lol

1 hour ago, Linayus said:

It's just a contingency at this point. If we do really well next year (10+ wins) and we keep Gus, then we still have an "OC" and aren't looking for another unless he decides to pursue another opportunity himself.

Not sure how it will look on Kenny's resume when Gus announced publicly that he's (Kenny, that is) not going to be calling plays. 

3 hours ago, auskip07 said:

And damned if haven't infiltrated the Auburn contingent so deeply that they've been able to use guys (Phillip Marshall) that have been loyally covering Auburn for 50 (FIFTY) years!

Hell, they even went to the very core of Auburn 12 months ago and were able to persuade our own freaking President & the biggest BOT member to agree to give CGM an astronomical contract that AU can't feasibly get out of unless they open the back gate of Fort Knox.

That's some pretty dangerous and powerful people Auburn's dealing with these days.....this is deeper than any NY mafia operation.

3 hours ago, keesler said:

uat, most hacks work for them, so it's in their job requirements to come up with negative stories, rumors, lies about Auburn.

Sure way to win the war is control the media.

3 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Not sure how it will look on Kenny's resume when Gus announced publicly that he's (Kenny, that is) not going to be calling plays. 

Probably won't hurt him....the list is as long as your arm of HCs who call their own plays....just about everyone with an offensive background.   Just hoping he does more with our QBs than the previous OC/QB coach. 

2 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

uat, most hacks work for them, so it's in their job requirements to come up with negative stories, rumors, lies about Auburn.

UAT got to our very own Phillip Marshall?  And Jay G. Tate? 

Because both of those old timers have been AU through and through and PM is AU to his core.  What about our own Mod (Titan) on this very board that backed up the stories and the guys (Josh Moon/Jay Tate) that were pumping this stuff out non-stop?  BOTH of "our" guys helped perpetuate the rumors and negative stories for damn near a solid week after the IB.:dunno:

Just now, TigerOne said:

And PM is "Auburn to the core"  as long as he does not have it in for the a coach.   Several years ago he undertook a campaign to get Sunny G fired.  Not saying SG did not deserve it, but PM was on his case for a long time before the trumped up NCAA violations did the job.  I expect he thought he was serving the interests of AUburn back then ….and who knows now.   JMO....but none of these sports hacks write a serous piece without infusing their own personal opinions to shape the message the way they want. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Probably won't hurt him....the list is as long as your arm of HCs who call their own plays....just about everyone with an offensive background.   Just hoping he does more with our QBs than the previous OC/QB coach. 

He's got the same boss, so very unlikely. 

Archived