details of Kenny Dillingham’s contract

aubiefifty

10 minutes ago, keesler said:

I saw it coming to a head with the back and forth.  Titan was very adamant in his position on the onslaught of tweets/reports that were pouring out from Moon/Tate/Marcel, etc. and he worked like crazy to support those guys that were reporting.  While some of the stories were so outlandish Corch wasn't taking the tweets/stories at face value.  

Yeah both guys were going at it from what I saw. I don’t know what happened underneath the scenes but based on what has proceeded , Corch was right at the end. Maybe not in the way he voiced it, but who am I to judge? Props to Corch though 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DAG said:

Yeah both guys were going at it from what I saw. I don’t know what happened underneath the scenes but based on what has proceeded , Corch was right at the end. Maybe not in the way he voiced it, but who am I to judge? Props to Corch though 

Yet we've seen very little or Titan a nary a sight of Corch.  :dunno:

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I may be wrong, but I'm of the opinion that Corch's ouster was really about a different matter altogether.  

Everyone should probably just drop the speculation concerning Corch's removal and carry on.  

Here's something to think about:

Don't publicly accuse/complain/insult mods on how they see fit to carry out their moderation duties.  They've got the power of the ban hammer and it's within their rights and it's actually their responsibility to keep order by whatever means they deem necessary.    

HamiltonKnows.gif

2 hours ago, AURealist said:

I may be wrong, but I'm of the opinion that Corch's ouster was really about a different matter altogether.  

Everyone should probably just drop the speculation concerning Corch's removal and carry on.  

Here's something to think about:

Don't publicly accuse/complain/insult mods on how they see fit to carry out their moderation duties.  They've got the power of the ban hammer and it's within their rights and it's actually their responsibility to keep order by whatever means they deem necessary.    

HamiltonKnows.gif

That’s fine and dandy. Just saying the guy was right. Is that against the rules? 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

That’s fine and dandy. Just saying the guy was right. Is that against the rules? 

Ooops. Sorry, DAG.  I meant to quote '72 as to why Corch was no longer around.  :slapfh: 

On 12/18/2018 at 3:39 PM, AUsince72 said:

Not aimed at you Keesler but I note the mention of Titan.  No offense meant to Titan either but didn't CorchJay get banned for arguing with Titan that the reporters were basically full of crap (or being fed crap)?

Since apparently they WERE full of or fed crap, what's Corch's status now?  Seems he was right.  Or did he cross some other line?  Just wondering...

No, that's not why he was banned. People keep picking at it, but I'd leave that decision alone

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

No, that's not why he was banned. People keep picking at it, but I'd leave that decision alone

No worries.  I just didn't see anything beyond the vehement "disagreement" regarding the media stories vs what's gone down.

I know some on this board don't get along with him etc but like I said, I hate it for him.  He has his really good side too.

No more from me...was just curious.

As far as who was right and wrong, the public perception has played out exactly the way it needed to. As of now, everyone things it was all rumor and innuendo.  I told y'all that as soon as Gus called them on things, they would walk it back and stand by their initial comments of support. That's what they did. 

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

No worries.  I just didn't see anything beyond the vehement "disagreement" regarding the media stories vs what's gone down.

I know some on this board don't get along with him etc but like I said, I hate it for him.  He has his really good side too.

There is a lot that goes on that isn't available to be seen by regular members. I'll leave it there.  Time to move on.

21 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Don't worry about 'Corch'.  He'll probably continue posting, but on a Jayhawk fan site once he and the family have settled in.   ;)  

11 hours ago, DAG said:

I am sure it was discussed but people were running with it like it was the gospel . They were wrong . No way in hell would anyone in their right mind would agree to the claims that were being said. Yeah , take a pay cut and be further restraint in being an head coach. Only on TV shows.

The only way I could see that happening was if POTB told Gus they were going to buy him out and fire him if he didn't agree to the new terms.  So, how bad did Gus want to stay at Auburn?  Was he ready to sign with Arkansas without the extension and new buyout?  Neither makes sense, but this is Gus.  Would make a great TV show.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

There is a lot that goes on that isn't available to be seen by regular members. I'll leave it there.  Time to move on.

Why not transparency instead of keeping it behind the scenes?

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

As far as who was right and wrong, the public perception has played out exactly the way it needed to. As of now, everyone things it was all rumor and innuendo.  I told y'all that as soon as Gus called them on things, they would walk it back and stand by their initial comments of support. That's what they did. 

But Gus said nuh uh?

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

But Gus said nuh uh?

Gus would have done anything to keep his job at AU. Gus wants to win a natty. Best place for Gus to do this is at AU. How far did the talks go with Gus, Leath and Greene? Guess it's which one you talk to. All 3 will have a different take on it. Did Gus sign a new contract? Nope. If Gus does not perform well next year and is fired, does AU pay all of the buyout. Don't think AU does. Does Gus have to go through Greene to make personal changes? Yep. Is Gus's being handcuffed by Greene or Laeth as far as what to do or with any of these types of changes? Nope.  In the end all three caved to a degree.  Now it's a try to get back to normal mode in the AD. This is Gus's football team. He isn't being handcuffed on how to run it. Not one person. 

Glad that it's all on Gus with no constraints. Hope he makes it work but at least at this point nobody can come up with an excuse to let him off of the hook if he doesn't. As for ol' Corch....dude should have hung out over in the Beer/Spirits club, pretty chill group over there, he might still be around if he would have decompressed over there, lol.

25 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gus would have done anything to keep his job at AU. Gus wants to win a natty. Best place for Gus to do this is at AU. How far did the talks go with Gus, Leath and Greene? Guess it's which one you talk to. All 3 will have a different take on it. Did Gus sign a new contract? Nope. If Gus does not perform well next year and is fired, does AU pay all of the buyout. Don't think AU does. Does Gus have to go through Greene to make personal changes? Yep. Is Gus's being handcuffed by Greene or Laeth as far as what to do or with any of these types of changes? Nope.  In the end all three caved to a degree.  Now it's a try to get back to normal mode in the AD. This is Gus's football team. He isn't being handcuffed on how to run it. Not one person. 

As always, thank you for your input.  Out of curiosity, what are your first impressions with our signing day yesterday with who signed?

7 hours ago, fredst said:

18236B7B-83FE-4B86-9B27-A07F6BFAB9DA.gif

Thumbs up. Only Jack could pull that scene off that well. But I/we can handle the truth. I’m pretty sure we all wear big boy pants. Lol

So bigbird what’s the skinny?

34 minutes ago, creed said:

Thumbs up. Only Jack could pull that scene off that well. But I/we can handle the truth. I’m pretty sure we all wear big boy pants. Lol

So bigbird what’s the skinny?

Not me.

Down here, on the SW Fla Gulf Coast it's Bermudas 365!!!

23 hours ago, abw0004 said:

As always, thank you for your input.  Out of curiosity, what are your first impressions with our signing day yesterday with who signed?

Thought it was a very good class. Lack of some game changing OL's is very very disappointing. 

17 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Thought it was a very good class. Lack of some game changing OL's is very very disappointing. 

I agree!!! You would think if this was your #1 need you would have done a better job on it. To me this one position ( I know it's different positions but I'm lumping the group together) made a three to four game swing. With a better line we beat LSU, Tenn., Miss. St. and maybe even Ga.. At least that's what I think. As good as this class is without more help with the OL it's going to be hard for us to get any better on Off..

28 minutes ago, bg5 said:

I agree!!! You would think if this was your #1 need you would have done a better job on it. To me this one position ( I know it's different positions but I'm lumping the group together) made a three to four game swing. With a better line we beat LSU, Tenn., Miss. St. and maybe even Ga.. At least that's what I think. As good as this class is without more help with the OL it's going to be hard for us to get any better on Off..

There are several spots that need immediate attention IMO - OL, RB & DL. Need to get MAR and RB is looking OK. Locking down and getting Handy signed was a absolute must and the staff did it. OL? 

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

There are several spots that need immediate attention IMO - OL, RB & DL. Need to get MAR and RB is looking OK. Locking down and getting Handy signed was a absolute must and the staff did it. OL? 

Another 1-2 true DT, a couple LB, MAR, and fill the rest with OT.

Archived