details of Kenny Dillingham’s contract

aubiefifty

19 hours ago, AU64 said:

And PM is "Auburn to the core"  as long as he does not have it in for the a coach.   Several years ago he undertook a campaign to get Sunny G fired.  Not saying SG did not deserve it, but PM was on his case for a long time before the trumped up NCAA violations did the job.  I expect he thought he was serving the interests of AUburn back then ….and who knows now.   JMO....but none of these sports hacks write a serous piece without infusing their own personal opinions to shape the message the way they want. 

I think we can all agree that some of these guys actually get their talking points from people that pull an Auburn paycheck.   A prime example is the one you mentioned about relative to the AU Athletic Department wanted Sunny axed, they fed PM and then the trumped up NCAA violations appeared and the person responsible was our very own Athletic Director. 

I mean how much intimacy did PM have with Sunny anyway?  How close was he to the program to know how SG conducted his practices, meetings, game planning, batting practice, or player depth charts & travel stipend disbursements?  

To you PM undertook a campaign to get Sunny fired.  To me, PM was fed information by Auburn (Jay Jacobs and his people) to shine a negative light on SG and then try to hammer him with trumped up NCAA violations where he was wrongfully terminated.

Still just like the Sunny incident, the uat/rec weren't behind it like some are claiming was behind the JoshMoon/JayTate/PMarshall and Marcello reports that hit like a ton of bricks after IB '18.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EagleEye67 said:

Not sure how it will look on Kenny's resume when Gus announced publicly that he's (Kenny, that is) not going to be calling plays. 

He wasn't calling plays at Memphis either so it's not like he's taking a step down/back. He's performing the same role he was before - just another voice from the box that will (probably) be ignored by Malzahn. lol

1 hour ago, EagleEye67 said:

Not sure how it will look on Kenny's resume when Gus announced publicly that he's (Kenny, that is) not going to be calling plays. 

He didn't call the plays the one year where he was "OC" at Memphis.  He's just getting more $$ and has the label of OC at a much more prestigious and relevant program in the best conference in the country. 

Who the hell had ever heard of this Dilly before Gus hired him?  (I barely remember Memphis' HC's name unless I flip by and catch a few minutes of a game.)

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

He didn't call the plays the one year where he was "OC" at Memphis.  He's just getting more $$ and has the label of OC at a much more prestigious and relevant program in the best conference in the country. 

Who the hell had ever heard of this Dilly before Gus hired him?  (I barely remember Memphis' HC's name unless I flip by and catch a few minutes of a game.)

John Calipari, right? No? Logan Young? Ugh. This is hard. 

2 hours ago, keesler said:

UAT got to our very own Phillip Marshall?  And Jay G. Tate? 

Because both of those old timers have been AU through and through and PM is AU to his core.  What about our own Mod (Titan) on this very board that backed up the stories and the guys (Josh Moon/Jay Tate) that were pumping this stuff out non-stop?  BOTH of "our" guys helped perpetuate the rumors and negative stories for damn near a solid week after the IB.:dunno:

Not aimed at you Keesler but I note the mention of Titan.  No offense meant to Titan either but didn't CorchJay get banned for arguing with Titan that the reporters were basically full of crap (or being fed crap)?

Since apparently they WERE full of or fed crap, what's Corch's status now?  Seems he was right.  Or did he cross some other line?  Just wondering...

7 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Not aimed at you Keesler but I note the mention of Titan.  No offense meant to Titan either but didn't CorchJay get banned for arguing with Titan that the reporters were basically full of crap (or being fed crap)?

Since apparently they WERE full of or fed crap, what's Corch's status now?  Seems he was right.  Or did he cross some other line?  Just wondering...

I have no clue, but Corch apparently crossed the line with Titan in some way.

But if you followed that Josh Moon thread in its entirety (114 pages WOW) then you'll notice Titan's iron-clad stance on giving credence to Josh Moon/Jay Tate/B Marcello and the rest of the bunch.....I can't remember Titan being so adamant and strong willed throw support ever before to that extent.  Even the Bob Stoops rumors and Stoops vehemently saying it was a bunch of crap and ridiculous......he still backed the reports by Moon.  

As far as Corch?  I have no idea the status at this point - but there are quite a few folks that have been missing for some time now.  :dunno:

11 minutes ago, keesler said:

But if you followed that Josh Moon thread in its entirety (114 pages WOW) then you'll notice Titan's iron-clad stance on giving credence to Josh Moon/Jay Tate/B Marcello and the rest of the bunch.....I can't remember Titan being so adamant and strong willed throw support ever before to that extent.  Even the Bob Stoops rumors and Stoops vehemently saying it was a bunch of crap and ridiculous......he still backed the reports by Moon.  

As far as Corch?  I have no idea the status at this point - but there are quite a few folks that have been missing for some time now.  :dunno:

Coach actually knows Gus personally. I miss his writings as well.

On another note, so far just about everything Josh Moon has written on AU the past three to four weeks, has turned out to be 100% not true!

Of course it could just be a typo, and our new OC’s contract is only for one year.

23 minutes ago, keesler said:

11 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

On another note, so far just about everything Josh Moon has written on AU the past three to four weeks, has turned out to be 100% not true!

Of course it could just be a typo, and our new OC’s contract is only for one year.

Yeah, that's why I was wondering....

Maybe he crossed some personal line I didn't see (or even in PMs) but seems he is being somewhat vindicated for his views of what was being reported vs what's apparently "the truth" moving forward.

Looks like all of the reporters were being duped for one reason or another...

Anyway, I know some don't get along with Corch but he was one of the first ones to personally reach out to me when I told of my cancer diagnosis so I hope he makes it back soon.

Sorry for the derail...

55 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Him knowing Gus personally explains a lot but he was definitely right about this lol. We took the ridiculous bait. 

• WarTiger changed the title to details of Kenny Dillingham’s contract
8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Big difference when a multi year contract with Freeze means $1-2M per year more than a multi year contract with Dillingham.

Freeze was never coming, except to visit his daughter. 

As for the contract, it was very specifically reported that Gus was forbidden to offer multi-year contracts and that was very clearly bull****. The dollar amount is immaterial, because remember “the money isn’t an issue”....which was the biggest of bulls***s. 

16 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

14 hours ago, DAG said:

Him knowing Gus personally explains a lot but he was definitely right about this lol. We took the ridiculous bait. 

Sorry. Still not assuming all those guys were wrong/lied to/making stuff up just because Gus denied it. And even if Corch knows Gus personally, that doesn't mean that he got the truth, either. That's a really huge stretch. 

Speaking of him, not my place to speak on him personally but I'm pretty sure that he's not banned just for arguing with Titan. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Sorry. Still not assuming all those guys were wrong/lied to/making stuff up just because Gus denied it. And even if Corch knows Gus personally, that doesn't mean that he got the truth, either. That's a really huge stretch. 

Speaking of him, not my place to speak on him personally but I'm pretty sure that he's not banned just for arguing with Titan. 

I am sure it was discussed but people were running with it like it was the gospel . They were wrong . No way in hell would anyone in their right mind would agree to the claims that were being said. Yeah , take a pay cut and be further restraint in being an head coach. Only on TV shows.

21 hours ago, auskip07 said:

When you're staring down a 37 milling dollar pay out whats another  2-4 mil?    

Just a number if you're not paying it.

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am sure it was discussed but people were running with it like it was the gospel . They were wrong . No way in hell would anyone in their right mind would agree to the claims that were being said. Yeah , take a pay cut and be further restraint in being an head coach. Only on TV shows.

Maybe not, but we're talking about Gus Malzahn. John Franklin, Clemson 2016, Clemson 2017, LSU 2017, IB 2018, any number of other situation in his tenure... the dude isn't playing with a full deck.

Looks like folks are in two camps at this point. One camp says that what was reported was too unlikely to be real, while the other camp says that what is more unlikely is that somebody would go to the trouble of concocting the story and then going to the effort of propagating it through the media. I'm in the latter camp. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Maybe not, but we're talking about Gus Malzahn. John Franklin, Clemson 2016, Clemson 2017, LSU 2017, IB 2018, any number of other situation in his tenure... the dude isn't playing with a full deck.

Looks like folks are in two camps at this point. One camp says that what was reported was too unlikely to be real, while the other camp says that what is more unlikely is that somebody would go to the trouble of concocting the story and then going to the effort of propagating it through the media. I'm in the latter camp. 

I don’t think it was concocting . I am just saying people are too quick to hit send instead of letting things play out. I am sure someone underneath the scenes said something to the effect that they presented Gus with the idea of this. People will do anything out of desperation . My issue is running with the story like Gus actually accepted such an agreement. I don’t know know, maybe I am different but if my name is on the line , I would want to make sure that anything I hear was 99 percent sure in the works and happening before I put it out there. That’s just me.

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't know what is the truth (as far as the reporting).  What I DO know is that everything that WAS reported seems to have fallen through or was never true or.... something.  But bottom line, Gus still has his job and signed a glorified QB coach as OC to apparently a 2 yr deal.

So... with that, I'm just wondering if Corch did something else.  None of my business but just saying if it IS simply about "over arguing" his position with the wrong mod, then it seems a little harsh.  If he DID do something else actually bad (again not asking what) then it is what it is.

Again, I know not everyone gets along but I have a soft spot for him as he was VERY supportive of me, along with so many others. 

I don't necessarily expect an answer....it's just me talking... nothing more.

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I don't know what is the truth (as far as the reporting).  What I DO know is that everything that WAS reported seems to have fallen through or was never true or.... something.  But bottom line, Gus still has his job and signed a glorified QB coach as OC to apparently a 2 yr deal.

Are we sure about that? 

The stipulations that I heard were: no football facility, AU approves hiring and firing, and the budget for hiring is locked. To my knowledge, we haven't moved forward on a facility, we have no way of knowing whether or not AU approved Dilly, and the new OC is making less than the previous OC did. I could be wrong about any of these details, but if I'm not, then so far that seems like an early lead for the Marshalls and Moons in this saga. 

6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

So... with that, I'm just wondering if Corch did something else.  None of my business but just saying if it IS simply about "over arguing" his position with the wrong mod, then it seems a little harsh.  If he DID do something else actually bad (again not asking what) then it is what it is.

Again, I know not everyone gets along but I have a soft spot for him as he was VERY supportive of me, along with so many others. 

I don't necessarily expect an answer....it's just me talking... nothing more.

Heard. (Sorry, out of reax. At 9:30 AM. I'm an emotional dork.)

16 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Yeah, that's why I was wondering....

Maybe he crossed some personal line I didn't see (or even in PMs) but seems he is being somewhat vindicated for his views of what was being reported vs what's apparently "the truth" moving forward.

Looks like all of the reporters were being duped for one reason or another...

Anyway, I know some don't get along with Corch but he was one of the first ones to personally reach out to me when I told of my cancer diagnosis so I hope he makes it back soon.

Sorry for the derail...

I'm pretty sure Corch's banishment had absolutely nothing to do with his opinion on the Stoops or contract stories or on anything else related to Auburn football .  I had some pretty heated back and forth with Titan on those stories and he was totally cool to disagree.  From what I was reading, Corch lost his cool, got saucy and got himself banned.  No big story.  Anyone watching could have seen it coming.  

18 hours ago, Linayus said:

He wasn't calling plays at Memphis either so it's not like he's taking a step down/back. He's performing the same role he was before - just another voice from the box that will (probably) be ignored by Malzahn. lol

So,  paid half a million dollars to give ignored advice.   I'll give worthless advice to Gustav for half that and season tickets, save Greene some shekels.

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

I'm pretty sure Corch's banishment had absolutely nothing to do with his opinion on the Stoops or contract stories or on anything else related to Auburn football .  I had some pretty heated back and forth with Titan on those stories and he was totally cool to disagree.  From what I was reading, Corch lost his cool, got saucy and got himself banned.  No big story.  Anyone watching could have seen it coming.  

I saw it coming to a head with the back and forth.  Titan was very adamant in his position on the onslaught of tweets/reports that were pouring out from Moon/Tate/Marcel, etc. and he worked like crazy to support those guys that were reporting.  While some of the stories were so outlandish Corch wasn't taking the tweets/stories at face value.  

Archived