Caddyshack movie

augolf1716

I was a member of Rolling Hills CC Davie, Fl which is where Caddy was filmed the damn parties the crew had like to have killed me. In the video where the old women were teeing off is the first hole tee next to club house I hit the longest drive in my life on that hole ball went over 345 yards and I was not a long hitter..............I hit a sprinker head..............and then boom it took off.............like a rocket. God the times I had at that club I'm lucky I did not end up in jail or dead

We did not have caddies but we had a hell of a bar and lots and lots of gators

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I was a member of Rolling Hills CC Davie, Fl which is where Caddy was filmed the damn parties the crew had like to have killed me. In the video where the old women were teeing off is the first hole tee next to club house I hit the longest drive in my life on that hole ball went over 345 yards and I was not a long hitter..............I hit a sprinker head..............and then boom it took off.............like a rocket. God the times I had at that club I'm lucky I did not end up in jail or dead

You are like a poor man’s Forrest Gump. Love your stories. 

10 minutes ago, jared52 said:

You are like a poor man’s Forrest Gump. Love your stories. 

I know its weird at the time I never thought about it just seem to happen/work out and I've been very very bless in life. There are so many more stories hopefully if I can remember them I'll pass along I'm sure some members may get tired of them.

16 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I know its weird at the time I never thought about it just seem to happen/work out and I've been very very bless in life. There are so many more stories hopefully if I can remember them I'll pass along I'm sure some members may get tired of them.

That’s on them. Share away!

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Back in the days when opening a golf ball with a knife you would be attacked by tightly wound rubber bands😁

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Amen.....love your stories❤..........Caddyshack come out around the time my dad started taking me to the Clubhouse.......some places were off limits......but was always guaranteed to get club sandwich and fries..........which as I got older turned into spicy bloody marys between front and back nine.👍

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

This may be the most important question I'll ever ask you @augolf1716.  Did they actually sell this hat in the clubhouse?

Image result for judge smails

We had a Dentist in town that wore one similar RIP............his name was Dr. Outlaw🤣..........almost as funny as Dr Beepers

Never noticed it before, until  when I watched a documentary on the making of the movie, during the pool scenes, just how green the water looks , and how it changes from different scenes.  The bather load + the heat, the movie folks didn't take into account of how much chlorine was needed to keep a pool blue and clear. ( I also would bet they didn't keep the filters clean either... ) Now when I do watch, I can't help but notice it! :laugh: 

On 12/24/2018 at 6:06 AM, AURaptor said:

Never noticed it before, until  when I watched a documentary on the making of the movie, during the pool scenes, just how green the water looks , and how it changes from different scenes.  The bather load + the heat, the movie folks didn't take into account of how much chlorine was needed to keep a pool blue and clear. ( I also would bet they didn't keep the filters clean either... ) Now when I do watch, I can't help but notice it! :laugh: 

I need to check that out...........late 70's mid 80's some of Chevy's best work in my opinion.......love his timing👍

A 345+ drive?  Sounds awfully like The Dali Lhama Himself -- "big hitter, the Lhama."   One of the few movies I've been to where the audience was roaring from beginning to end.  One of the most quoted movies in history, too.  I once got to play in a foursome that included a judge.  I was patient ... but I finally got to say the line:  "Your honor, your Honor." 

Archived