Next Years O-Line

AuburnNTexas

14 hours ago, James Howell said:

Frankly, I did not pay attention this year how the offensive line was set up to block.  I am wondering if lindsey being a passing coach set up the line to be more pass blocking than run blocking.  I am interested in the bowl game to see how the line will be set up to block.

They were always in a 2 point stance and by the time the meerkatting was finished they were on their heels.  I railed on this often....

Yes, it will be interesting to see the OL setup on the 28th.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/20/2018 at 4:41 AM, thrustmaxwell said:

Someone apparently needs to be educated on trap babies.

You can't get your feet wet in a puddle if you wear the right footwear. You can't get a trap baby if you wrap that rascal. Educate yourself.

1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

You can't get your feet wet in a puddle if you wear the right footwear. You can't get a trap baby if you wrap that rascal. Educate yourself.

A trap ho is about the lowest form of life there is.  Never underestimate their abilities.

14 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

A trap ho is about the lowest form of life there is.  Never underestimate their abilities.

Son., how old are you? I mean seriously. Can you read for comprehension? Let me see if I can make this clear.

If you dip your wick in a well, and your wick is wrapped in rubber, your wick ain't gonna get wet and it isn't gonna leave residue in the well.  Now if you want pictures, I suggest you Google for some pRon.  Or maybe ask your daddy how babies are made.  I don't care what sort of well a wick gets dipped into, as long as that wick is well wrapped, it's not leaving a deposit. No deposit, no baby. Do you get it now, or are you really just that special?

Bottom line:  Auburn can, should, and needs to do much better than JB Grimes.

He’s bleeding our entire program dry on the offensive line of scrimmage.

2020 will be his swan song for complete program ruination.

On 12/20/2018 at 7:38 PM, doc4aday said:

I just do not see Tega leaving early for the draft. Another strong year is needed for him. With a strong season for 2019, he could wind up a low 1st round pick. I am sure the coaches will set down with him and lay everything out for him. He is a talent no doubt, but still a bit raw imho to enter the NFL. I could be wrong and have no problem being wrong. I just hope he is given honest objective info so he can make the right choice.

As for Ashley, it seems that when he was on the field, he did a fairly decent job. We really need to get Prince Sammons on the field asap and let him learn the ropes in real game experience. He reminds me a bit of Gatewood in that there is a ton of untapped potential there.

I agree on Sammons however one must realize that 19 out of 20 offers he received was on the DL. And yeah he has a lot of potential, but a more accurate comparison would be if we moved Gatewood to LB. Because Sammons was very highly recruited at DL. 

10 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Do Hand and Grimes run the same blocking scheme?  I’ve gotten hooked on Jay Tate’s podcast and they were talking about Stutts making an impression in practice.  With the lack of physicality this year and the poor play of the guards it wouldn’t completely surprise me to see some people moved around or shuffled.  Maybe move Horton/Harrell/Trox to the outside if Prince leaves.  Have Hamm, Stutts, Ashley play at the guards.  Maybe someone with more knowledge than me can tell me if I’m way off here?

Horton and Harrell are straight guards. OTs need longer arms. Trox is already an OT. He was recruited as a OT and at least battled Driscoll for the RT job. 

Also, it's unlikely Ashley ever plays another snap. People have said he has been injured but the details of the injury have been sketchy. However I'm pretty sure HIPPA privacy laws prohibit schools disclosing injury information so it's not so strange that we haven't heard much about his injury. But I would not hold my breath on Ashley playing another snap anywhere not just at Auburn

12 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Son., how old are you? I mean seriously. Can you read for comprehension? Let me see if I can make this clear.

If you dip your wick in a well, and your wick is wrapped in rubber, your wick ain't gonna get wet and it isn't gonna leave residue in the well.  Now if you want pictures, I suggest you Google for some pRon.  Or maybe ask your daddy how babies are made.  I don't care what sort of well a wick gets dipped into, as long as that wick is well wrapped, it's not leaving a deposit. No deposit, no baby. Do you get it now, or are you really just that special?

I'm just gonna assume your an oulde and not a moron.  To answer your question though, I'm old enough to know how safety pins work.

On 12/19/2018 at 7:59 PM, thrustmaxwell said:

If Tega leaves, I'll understand.  It's the wrong decision if heads to the draft though.  I'm hoping he can find a lower division school with a real OL coach who can develop his raw talent.  I have nothing but good wishes for the young man.

I'm almost certain Tega has already graduated. So he wouldn't need to transfer to a lower division. He could transfer anywhere, and play immediately.

I sure hope he doesn't leave. But it's unlikely he plays for us again after the bowl game. 

19 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I'm almost certain Tega has already graduated. So he wouldn't need to transfer to a lower division. He could transfer anywhere, and play immediately.

I sure hope he doesn't leave. But it's unlikely he plays for us again after the bowl game. 

Tega leaving early, with his insane measureables, despite not being projected as a Top 25 OT in the draft, is a huge indictment as the coaching and development (or lack thereof) he believes he will receive with one more year under JBG.

15 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

There's a little more to it than that, women have different tricks they do if they are trying to get pregnant......I doubt this is the case here though. In this case I think you're probably right

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh and the trap ho's....that's not a real slang term...that's made up lol

I thought that's how you captured Santa Claus...

I've scoured Auburn news sites and see nothing...  Where is it said that Tega's leaving (or even considering it)?

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I'd love to see him go to Miami for his last year instead of waste it under JBGrimes.  Richt always put a premium on OL talent evaluation, recruiting, AND development.  Even if he went as a backup it'd be better than starting for Gus next year.  I have a belief that The U is gonna make some noise next season and don't mind helping a bit by giving them some raw, under-developed talent that could go through a year of competent coaching and development.

1 hour ago, thrustmaxwell said:

I'd love to see him go to Miami for his last year instead of waste it under JBGrimes.  Richt always put a premium on OL talent evaluation, recruiting, AND development.  Even if he went as a backup it'd be better than starting for Gus next year.  I have a belief that The U is gonna make some noise next season and don't mind helping a bit by giving them some raw, under-developed talent that could go through a year of competent coaching and development.

I hope all of this is ironic or you just haven’t followed Miami over the past 4 months

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I hope all of this is ironic or you just haven’t followed Miami over the past 4 months

True.

As I said before, living down this way we get a lot of Miami news and "The U" feels about Richt pretty much the same way "AU" feels about Gus.  And many of the same reasons are given.

And as was actually (accurately) pointed out as well, at least Gus kept most of his commits.  Miami lost a bunch and the highest e-signing day rating I've seen for them is 37.

I'm not happy with Gus, but I would not trade with Miami either.

No offense meant, but I don't really GAD about this year's recruiting class.  I figure it's a waste of time until the 2nd year on campus to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Very rarely in competent programs are true freshman relied on to start, or even play meaningful snaps.

Anyway, that's just how I feel about it.

War Eagle Anyway.

No offense meant, but I don't really GAD about this year's recruiting class.  I figure it's a waste of time until the 2nd year on campus to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Very rarely in competent programs are true freshman relied on to start, or even play meaningful snaps.

Anyway, that's just how I feel about it.

War Eagle Anyway.

Actually, I agree with you.... especially when it comes to Gus, since so much of the recruited talent seems to be misused....or totally UNused.

I only pointed out The U's recruiting situation to highlight the point that Mark Richt is basically Miami-Dade County's version of Gus.  I'm shocked he wasn't fired before the season ended TBH.

He will need as much of a miracle season in '19 as Gus will to keep the wolves at bay.

On 12/20/2018 at 6:04 AM, Gowebb11 said:

The speculation that Tega might leave is not based on AU Family posters. It is based on the fact that several NFL draft sites have him listed as potential high (2d -3d round in some scenarios) round draft pick. The NFL is all about measurables and athleticism and he is loaded with both. 

And I'm sure the NFL is aware that Tega is a Hand-Grimes Syndrome sufferer and they have the therapy plan to make it go away.

8 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I've scoured Auburn news sites and see nothing...  Where is it said that Tega's leaving (or even considering it)?

Straight from the horses mouth: if he’s projected high enough (don’t know exactly how high that is for him) he will leave. 

Just now, chimes said:

Straight from the horses mouth: if he’s projected high enough (don’t know exactly how high that is for him) he will leave. 

I believe you but where is the story/quote?

I've still not seen it.

Not a big deal...just my curiosity as I feel he does have tremendous upside.

30 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I believe you but where is the story/quote?

I've still not seen it.

Not a big deal...just my curiosity as I feel he does have tremendous upside.

@chimes is the source since he said it came from Tega's mouth. 

I'm calling the press now. Just one question; what do I say when they ask me, "Who in the hell is chimes?"

Should just use this board for birth control. Then the accused trappers could read that none of these boys are any good, they won't get developed, they won't go pro, and said ladies should just drive over to T-town or Athens.

Archived