Men at North Carolina State - game thread

WarTiger

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

Pretty much.

If you, @cole256, or I have said it lately, it has all come to fruition tonight.

I've been forcing it on people trying to tell them and I've been met with anger, how dare you point out what we are.......can't say we are not playing as good as we believe or anything like that. So now they are seeing it and now maybe we can all be grown and talk without the fighting of saying something as minute as we need to improve our defense. That's teams in a row where their guards have shot fantastic.....I said teams with good lead guard will be a weakness because no matter how much you don't like it, we don't have lockdown defender's at our guard positions we have to be a good TEAM defense. We don't have the best shooters in college let alone the world.....we don't have Steph curry on our team.  It would be cool if we did but generational players don't come along that often.

We fell back into not attacking the rim.....when your shot isn't falling you have to. You just do. Dude called Harper Steph curry for his desire to go to the hoop....I have a desire to be a billionaire....can't just sit on my butt and not take action....and today if I do get up I'm not exactly Bill Gates now.....

I still think it will be ok though we 're just going to have to look in the mirror, unfortunately this time we didn't get to win and learn. But maybe the sting of a loss will shake some people up

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

They talked about it early in the game- apparently there was a graduation ceremony in there today and Auburn never got to shootaround in the gym. That’s a factor 

Not a big one and I've seen us cry about fouls on EVERY game we've had adversity.....is there some major conspiracy against us or do we just need to get tough?🤔

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

teams look a lot different on the road than home. We will beat a really good murray state team by double digits saturday and look good doing it. A lot of good teams "problems" just happen to surface on the road. Nothing new.

They will have the best player on the floor. Be careful in those situations, strange things happens when everybody gets confidence from their leader

''I thought their guards were terrific,'' Tigers coach Bruce Pearl said. ''Johnson was as good as advertised. He was a dominating guard on the floor. ... We had an advantage on the front line. We did not take advantage of our advantage. We turned the ball over way too much, we took too many ill-advised shots.''

I said this before the game

19 hours ago, cole256 said:

This is actually a team that plays our game but shoots better than us.  We have a size advantage.....the thing about advantages is they don't mean anything if you don't use them.....coach ciampi used to say that all the time when I was a crusherat Auburn.....he was a good coach

It seems to me that living and dying by the 3pter is a huge gamble.........especially if you dig a hole quickly..........tends to force 3's..........maybe I have always been a fan of big guys and inside game.......I have always liked 6'7 tight ends in football😂.........oh well just my thing I guess.

On 12/20/2018 at 8:46 AM, bigbird said:

Maybe we'll try BB of the bench.  😁

We did try that 2nd half.  When he came off the bench, NC state scored 8. 😁

24 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

We did try that 2nd half.  When he came off the bench, NC state scored 8. 😁

Better than the 30 the 1st half

Archived