Harold Joiner

au701948

Getting left out of media’s lists for current AU Running Backs. I assume it’s an error on their part as I thought he was a Huge Get during 2018 signees. Hopeful that he was just red-shirted?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure he was, indeed, redshirted, but I think he was moved to TE and/or H-back. I know H-back is still a running back, but it's not technically a "RB".

25 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Getting left out of media’s lists for current AU Running Backs. I assume it’s an error on their part as I thought he was a Huge Get during 2018 signees. Hopeful that he was just red-shirted?

Look under the TE list and see if you find him.

18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Hopefully he make the transition to TE and is a nightmare match up...but, Gus

I thought maybe he was headed for a Kalen Ballage role, and then he did get a couple snaps- against Alabama State, when even Asa Martin got 2 carries?- at RB. But I'm guessing any chance of that happening went to Kansas. 

24 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Read the articles when he signed. Gus pitched him on the idea of becoming Charles Clay. Joiner has said in articles that he wants to win our "most versatile" award. If you watch Clay at Tulsa, you will see a guy who lines up at WR, TE, RB, and Wildcat QB. Yeah he will get some carries, but RB won't be his only position. I know I've seen somewhere that he was already practicing with the TEs.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I thought maybe he was headed for a Kalen Ballage role, and then he did get a couple snaps- against Alabama State, when even Asa Martin got 2 carries?- at RB. But I'm guessing any chance of that happening went to Kansas. 

That would be the ideal role for him and would really help our O if flexible enough to utilize him.

I remember seeing Joiner in the wildcat role one of the cupcake games this year and thinking how that was a perfect fit for him with how big he is.  I hope to see more of that.  It will give Whitlow a rest too.

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Pretty sure he was, indeed, redshirted, but I think he was moved to TE and/or H-back. I know H-back is still a running back, but it's not technically a "RB".

Seems like a Jack of All Trades, Master of None out of HS.  I think he could be a helluva TE under a decent coaching staff.

hJoiner.png

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I remember seeing Joiner in the wildcat role one of the cupcake games this year and thinking how that was a perfect fit for him with how big he is.  I hope to see more of that.  It will give Whitlow a rest too.

Yeah. I think what @bigbird is getting at is that Joiner could play TE/Hback and then slide over in the WC. It all goes back to multiple sets without substituting specific personnel at every position. 

Since day one I have thought Joiner is going to surprise a lot of people before his time is done at Auburn. I would rather they put 15-20 more pounds on him and use him in the Derrick Henry role. But whatever they do just use him.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

That would be the ideal role for him and would really help our O if flexible enough to utilize him.

I would like to see a set where both Willis and Gatewood are in the HB and QB position.  In this set they would interchange between the two spots from down to down.  I am interested to see how Willis would be if he got the ball in space assuming he can catch the ball. 

14 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I am interested to see how Willis would be if he got the ball in space assuming he can catch the ball. 

Word. He's a prototype NFL WR physically. 

2 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Since day one I have thought Joiner is going to surprise a lot of people before his time is done at Auburn. I would rather they put 15-20 more pounds on him and use him in the Derrick Henry role. But whatever they do just use him.

I could see an Aaron Hernandez type role like at Florida . Just a hybrid running back , tight end . I would like to see more fire and power from joiner. The sample size I have seen is he is not a power guy . 

3 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Amen..That is always one of my biggest problems with CGM..use your players..No one wants to come and warm the bench for 4 years..CGM seems to under use so much of our skilled talent!!

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Hey Bird!  It looks like Gatewood is starting to gain some looks at QB. It would be awesome if Gus let him take more than a  few token snaps during the bowl game at QB.

47 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Hey Bird!  It looks like Gatewood is starting to gain some looks at QB. It would be awesome if Gus let him take more than a  few token snaps during the bowl game at QB.

Yes it would.

Okay.  Let me get this right.  Joiner will play fullback, tight end, h back, wild cat qb, running back, slot receiver, and punter.  Let’s not forget long snapper, defensive end, buck and linebacker.  

So how the how in the hell did they talk him into moving from a 4 star running back to come play tight end for us and get maybe 6 passes for his career? I feel bad that we did him like that. 

8 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I could see an Aaron Hernandez type role like at Florida . Just a hybrid running back , tight end . I would like to see more fire and power from joiner. The sample size I have seen is he is not a power guy . 

He only had 3 carries with a 4.5 ypc avg. in 2018. No definitive conclusion can be drawn from that in my opinion. He is 6'3" but only 215 lbs. right now. Let's see what he can do with 20 more lbs. of muscle on that frame as a 6'3" 235 lb. running back.

3 hours ago, oracle79 said:

WTF?

Image result for are you serious meme

Probably was inspired by Kirby's failed fake punt and thinks he can show him how it's done. They'll never in a million years suspect the non punter to run it on a fake...never.

Archived