Darnell Wright

tigerbrotha12

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Gus & Horton run OL recruiting & evals.

There in lies the root cause.  

If I were king for a day, notably Friday.  

1. I would cut bait with Grimes and hire a dynamic, up and comer who can recruit OL  (assuming Gus can't attract a talented, established coach).  

2.  I would cut bait with Horton and move Porter.   (Results matter - without DJ Williams coming from the RB fairies, imagine where we would be right now! )

3.  I would definitely overhaul my talent eval and recruiting process on the O side.   Outside of the WRs  and Bo Nix, nothing has impressed me these last few yrs.   J Stidham came b/c he had a long term relationship with Lashlee and Briles said it was a good move for him.      I would copy what UGA or bama is doing to eval talent.  

4.  I would build a new FB complex, we are falling behind in  the arms race.  Use the money we were going to "use" 2 weeks ago.

I think all 4 of those things are simple, pragmatic moves we should make, like tomorrow.  

17 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

So you don’t even offer the kid? 

Like e said. Too late in the game. If you offer every high school kid that has little or no interest it would be impossible to keep up with them and those really interested in our program. In other words, there is only so much time, energy and resources to offer those are who show interest. All this is just my opinion of course, but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn not long ago. Merry War Eagle Christmas all!!

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2018 at 4:43 PM, ellitor said:

3 notable problems. 1. He puts his OL egs in a very few target baskets. 2, He doesn't cast a wide enough net to have a number of plan B options. The plan Bs he identifies he doesn't keep them simmering in case plan A is a miss.

Main problem with Gus is he doesn't seem to recruit to needs.

6 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Main problem with Gus is he doesn't seem to recruit to needs.

Maybe or maybe not....you can recruit to your needs but you can't always fulfil them.  Anyone wondering how FSU with one scholarship QB did not sign a QB this year?   Happens all the time....You go for "needs' but end up taking what you are able to get don't you?  :dunno: 

On 2/7/2019 at 3:36 PM, ellitor said:

tenor.gif

So true....there are always those out there who will find a negative way to look at things....

7 hours ago, AU64 said:

So true....there are always those out there who will find a negative way to look at things....

I was referring to the endless circular debates people have regardless their opinions on an issue. People are hunkered down in their stances & aren't going to change their minds in such circumstances.

Archived