Goodman says reports were fake

ChltteTiger

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2018/12/how-gus-malzahn-saved-auburns-christmas.html

Joe Goodman says reports of Malzahn agreeing to a restructured contract that would 'make it easier to fire him' were bogus.

Many people on this site kept repeating that Marsall, Tate etc had excellent credibility and would never report this stuff was going on when it wasn't.

Well all you people who are obviously smarter than me please answer, were the fans being played for clicks or were they not?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

you don't say....

oh ok that was really astute comment. Look that up in your Funk & Wagnalls. You know, the dictionary.

4 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

oh ok that was really astute comment. Look that up in your Funk & Wagnalls. You know, the dictionary.

Nothing towards you ChltteTiger, but I took quite a beating from some prominent posters here for claiming that all these reports were fake. They were nothing but BS trying to destroy our recruiting class. And our fanbase ran with it. Embarrassing, embarrassing, embarrassing. Stoops--really?? 

I'm not even a Gus fan. I wanted him gone last year after LSU. But the contract is real, the money he is owed is real, and he's owed a ton of it. Money controls it all, and Leath and the BOT handcuffed the program with it.

13 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

I find it funny that so many threads and posts are being removed because of "negativity" and stuff like this is fine... 

I also find it funny that when these reports were going around that so many people said "you can't believe anything about Auburn on al.com," that "that site only tries to hurt Auburn with their reports." 

Now people believe everything they say as long as it fits their narrative. 

Some people...

26 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I find it funny that so many threads and posts are being removed because of "negativity" and stuff like this is fine... 

I also find it funny that when these reports were going around that so many people said "you can't believe anything about Auburn on al.com," that "that site only tries to hurt Auburn with their reports." 

Now people believe everything they say as long as it fits their narrative. 

Some people...

Confirmation bias 101

Read tbe NY times today. There are agendas being pushed through by illegitimate measures through social media to manipulate people to believe what they see is happening in real time. It’s up to the individual to see through it... I wanted to not believe Moon, but I did see some on here that usually don’t fall for nonsense knight for the guy. I don’t know where Moon got his info but it seems pretty clear the party that was conveying the message to Moon had an agenda. As for Marshall and Tate, well that was not their shining moments. Hope they lose subs for that. 

40 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2018/12/how-gus-malzahn-saved-auburns-christmas.html

Joe Goodman says reports of Malzahn agreeing to a restructured contract that would 'make it easier to fire him' were bogus.

Many people on this site kept repeating that Marsall, Tate etc had excellent credibility and would never report this stuff was going on when it wasn't.

Well all you people who are obviously smarter than me please answer, were the fans being played for clicks or were they not?

I'm a member of Rivals. I don't think Jay ever said that Gus agreed to a new contract. No clue about Marshall. With Jacobs gone I'm not sure where Marshall is getting his info from now. As far as talks about a new contract? That is and was legit. It was discussed. 

I can't keep up.  So now we are to believe AL.com because of an article like this?  The state media specifically al.com is owned and operated by bammers, they are evil and absolutely hate us, they try to destroy AU at every turn.  

Some have suggested the bammers were behind this fake news.  They infiltrated our own beat writers (Jay Tate), had a mole in the offices of our AD reporting meetings between our Admin/HC/President and they got to a Mod on this board, plus one of the most hard core Auburn writers Phillip Marshall.

Why should we believe this fluff piece? It could be nothing more than AL.com trying to lull the Family into a false sense of peace and joy as we all try once again to forget a season that ended with 5 losses.

47 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

all he is doing is confirming that he didn't sign a new contract, which most of us agreed about.  Was there discussions of course there was.  they are 2 different things.  The Goodman article is a" no sh#t sherlock article"   The entire world knows he did not sign a new contract.

It was dumb because who in their right mind would take less money on a contract that was already agreed upon. I know no one here would. Never made any sense to me. They might have discussed it with him, and I’m sure Gus through Sexton told whoever asked to find a rock and kick it. 

34 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

But the contract is real, the money he is owed is real, and he's owed a ton of it. Money controls it all, and Leath and the BOT handcuffed the program with it.

Sadly this sums up the current situation for Auburn Football and will until the money owed decreases to a manageable amount. We just have to hope that CGM can turn the football program around.  While the probability of that happening is, admittedly, very small. It is our best hope for the next couple of years. 

I just hope everyone remembers that Leath is the culprit here, and I believe he should be held accountable if the aforementioned turn around does not happen.

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

all he is doing is confirming that he didn't sign a new contract, which most of us agreed about.

Confirming “he didnt sign a new contract” isn’t the same thing as  “Gus never agreed to a new contract.” We all know the contract hasn’t changed, but we don’t know if there was ever any significant momentum for it to change. 

57 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

It seems you believe the one article that says what you want to hear instead of the multiple articles saying what you don't want to hear.

To answer your question, yes, some fans are getting played. 

2 minutes ago, CodeRocket said:

Sadly this sums up the current situation for Auburn Football and will until the money owed decreases to a manageable amount. We just have to hope that CGM can turn the football program around.  While the probability of that happening is, admittedly, very small. It is our best hope for the next couple of years. 

I just hope everyone remembers that Leath is the culprit here, and I believe he should be held accountable if the aforementioned turn around does not happen.

How is he the culprit? He basically is saying the university will not pay him to go, but any booster, TUF, AU Family poster, etc who wants him gone just needs to pony up the 32 million. So far nobody has busted out the checkbook. 

13 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

It was dumb because who in their right mind would take less money on a contract that was already agreed upon. I know no one here would. Never made any sense to me. They might have discussed it with him, and I’m sure Gus through Sexton told whoever asked to find a rock and kick it. 

I will say this about Gus. It isn't about the money. If taking less money, restructuring his contract were absolutely necessary to get his job at AU, Gus would have done that. Sexton, you are 100% correct on the rock part. In the end none of this was necessary. 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It seems you believe the one article that says what you want to hear instead of the multiple articles saying what you don't want to hear.

List the articles for the audience. If they’re behind a paywall, well, you can’t assume everyone receives premium information, or that the poster is turning a blind eye to it. If tbe articles that you list are based on Moon, well now you’re apparently expecting everyone to believe a series of tweets from a political writer that is now all of sudden behind the shadows again. It’s highly possible that nobody is running from the truth...

The whole deal made the AU boosters and board look like a bunch of meddling dip sh**s with no balls . That’s still the case . Wither it was media driven or not it still looked absolutely horrible either way . We gotta move past all that 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

To answer your question, yes, some fans are getting played. 

The old Bait 'N Switch.  

Auburn fans should be used to these shenanigans by now, Lord knows Gus has pulled it on us numerous times in the last 5 yrs. 

No one will lull me into a false sense of optimism and security relative to the state of this football team.  Gus is again promising he'll "turn this thing around", when he's the one that has twisted it like barbed wire.  

22 minutes ago, keesler said:

So now we are to believe AL.com because of an article like this?  The state media specifically al.com is owned and operated by bammers, they are evil and absolutely hate us, they try to destroy AU at every turn.  

22 minutes ago, keesler said:

Why should we believe this fluff piece? It could be nothing more than AL.com trying to lull the Family into a false sense of peace and joy as we all try once again to forget a season that ended with 5 losses.

Tigerbelle, please give Keesler his keyboard back to him. 

1 hour ago, ChltteTiger said:

Yes. Played by whom and for what purpose is something we may never know, but people interested in the Auburn program were misled. The deal as presented made absolutely no sense at all so I waited for the "rest of the story".

3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

The whole deal made the AU boosters and board look like a bunch of meddling dip sh**s with no balls . That’s still the case . Wither it was media driven or not it still looked absolutely horrible either way . We gotta move past all that 

To who? This was never any huge headline breaking national news. This will be just like the Asa Martin deal in a couple of weeks. Forgotten by just about everyone. It's really just time to move on from this nonsense. Gus is here. He is in 100% control of the football team. He isn't be hampered by anyone. Not one person. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

To who? This was never any huge headline breaking national news. This will be just like the Asa Martin deal in a couple of weeks. Forgotten by just about everyone. It's really just time to move on from this nonsense. Gus is here. He is in 100% control of the football team. He isn't be hampered by anyone. Not one person. 

Bingo....And he has no excuses...

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

"We" love to think that the annoying bammer a couple cubes down represents the national opinion of Auburn. 

They wouldn't have even cared about Cam Newton if we hadn't eeked out those wins against MSU and Kentucky in 2010. 

Just now, Mikey said:

Yes. Played by whom and for what purpose is something we may never know, but people interested in the Auburn program were misled. The deal as presented made absolutely no sense at all so I waited for the "rest of the story".

The deal was made to get Gus to walk. Gus pretty much said OK. AU caved and both sides sat down talked and here we are. 

Archived