Goodman says reports were fake

ChltteTiger

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Don't even know why this is being hashed out again. This will be forgot in 2 months. 

This has been one hell of a s*** show since the spring. All of it. Both sides. Best for everyone just to move forward. 

I don’t think anybody really can move on. Gus is a lame duck according to many and tbe schedule might actually render him a lame duck. 

This is somewhat another piece of fact or fiction:

In the spirit of trying to make Gus’s life miserable with the contract, the PTB also said they were halting the football only facilities development. True or false. If false, are the plans for development still as planned. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have taken the simplest explanation since all this started. No one was gonna pay 32 million for him to go. Not Auburn. Not any booster affiliated with Auburn. Then have to payoff assistants, and money for a new staff. We are talking about some major long term cash. So let’s try and spook him into quitting or leaving for another gig. Then we can potentially be off the hook for some of the contract and buyout. Fiddlesticks that did no work. Well none of that stuff was true he was coming back anyway. Let’s focus and get ready for 2019.

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

True

Our PTB can’t be that gullible. We have a former football player on the board relying on a coach recruiting a player to help keep his job. smh. 

#draintheswamp

38 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

To who? This was never any huge headline breaking national news. This will be just like the Asa Martin deal in a couple of weeks. Forgotten by just about everyone. It's really just time to move on from this nonsense. Gus is here. He is in 100% control of the football team. He isn't be hampered by anyone. Not one person. 

Well..... He IS hampered by ONE person.

....but he has to look in the mirror to address that guy.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Our PTB can’t be that gullible. We gave a former football player on the board relying on a coach recruiting a player to help keep his job. smh. 

#draintheswamp

Gus was so sure he was going to sign KB 

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The Leath factor was big in that.

Hypothetically... if said booster, etc walked in and said here is 32 mill Mr. Leath plus money to payoff assistants as well as money for a new coach, his contract plus new assistants. All we need is for you to bless this termination....Are some saying Leath would have said no...I am invested in this coach (Gus) that I did not hire. He is my guy.

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I don’t think anybody really can move on. Gus is a lame duck according to many and tbe schedule might actually render him a lame duck. 

This is somewhat another piece of fact or fiction:

In the spirit of trying to make Gus’s life miserable with the contract, the PTB also said they were halting the football only facilities development. True or false. If false, are the plans for development still as planned. 

Great question 

7 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Hypothetically... if said booster, etc walked in and said here is 32 mill Mr. Leath plus money to payoff assistants as well as money for a new coach, his contract plus new assistants. All we need is for you to bless this termination....Are some saying Leath would have said no...I am invested in this coach that I did not hire or have know for more than a few years. He is my guy?

I think it was still an untenable situation for Leath bec even if the money was there, it's still 32M and that would make him look like the biggest fool at AU, and in general. Would have stripped his power and destroyed his credibility.

2 minutes ago, fortworthtiger said:

I think it was still an untenable situation for Leath bec even if the money was there, it's still 32M and that would make him look like the biggest fool in at AU, and in general. Would have stripped his power and destroyed his credibility.

Exactly...imo he just does not want Auburn on the hook for the expense of paying him out and a new coach and staff. 

11 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Well..... He IS hampered by ONE person.

....but he has to look in the mirror to address that guy.

For a second I thought the 2nd sentence said "but he looks in the mirror and he adores that guy" and I was like "ugh, fact."

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

Exactly...imo he just does not want Auburn on the hook for the expense of paying him out and a new coach and staff. 

I agree, except I think Leath is more concerned about himself than Auburn. I mean, Gus' contract was a 49M overreaction that sits at Leath's feet.

Just now, fortworthtiger said:

I agree, except I think Leath is more concerned about himself than Auburn. I mean, Gus' contract was a 49M overreaction that sits at Leath's feet.

And Harbert...don’t forget about him. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

For a second I thought the 2nd sentence said "but he looks in the mirror and he adores that guy" and I was like "ugh, fact."

That would have been a more appropriate direction, huh?

Okay, you're officially my Editor.

22 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Hypothetically... if said booster, etc walked in and said here is 32 mill Mr. Leath plus money to payoff assistants as well as money for a new coach, his contract plus new assistants. All we need is for you to bless this termination....Are some saying Leath would have said no...I am invested in this coach (Gus) that I did not hire. He is my guy.

Leath had to say no because he knows he would be fired next for causing them to have to pay the 40+ million dollars. 

40 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Pretty much.  Leath signing off on a firing to one that he negotiated an absurd contract to less than a year before would be a hard sell to future employers.  Leath is all about keeping himself looking hirable.

Just now, fortworthtiger said:

Because it still highlights the dysfuntionality of AU athletics.

SECCG Week 2017 highlighted that nicely.

My New Year's resolution will be to stop believing in believing. 

41 minutes ago, gr82be said:

My New Year's resolution will be to stop believing in believing. 

tumblr_inline_p96vcwgpvL1uy3kof_500.gif

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Let’s focus and get ready for 2019.

Well I would, I could, I am?  But I'm just not too optimistic about 2019 football on the Plains. :dunno:

Archived