Goodman says reports were fake

ChltteTiger

32 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

tumblr_inline_p96vcwgpvL1uy3kof_500.gif

I've been to enough Miss St games to the point where I can't stand Journey or that song. 🙄

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Why is Joseph Goodman suddenly al.com's beacon of truth and honesty?

A good friend of mine named Joseph Goodman wrote that article
And he told me that he'd written the perfect anti-Auburn article
But I told him that he hadn't written the perfect anti-Auburn article
Because it didn't say anything about bama, or Jetgate, or the Tennessee loss.... or payin' players

A dirty, useless penny to anyone who gets the reference. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

A good friend of mine named Joseph Goodman wrote that article
And he told me that he'd written the perfect anti-Auburn article
But I told him that he hadn't written the perfect anti-Auburn article
Because it didn't say anything about bama, or Jetgate, or the Tennessee loss.... or payin' players

A dirty, useless penny to anyone who gets the reference. 

David Allan Coe

You never even called me by my name

I thought the forum did an excellent job discussing  / questioning / doubting / believing all those post-thanksgiving reports. Definately nothing worth slamming the whole Auburn nation for. So it got hysterical. Big deal. Maybe some of the board beaters need another board? Another team? 

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Sorry Chiz, 3-9 or consistent 4 to 6 loss seasons get you fired from Auburn or anywhere else that is worth a flip, regardless of what's happening across the state.

7 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

Sorry Chiz, 3-9 or consistent 4 to 6 loss seasons get you fired from Auburn or anywhere else that is worth a flip, regardless of what's happening across the state.

We still make knee jerk decisions though. Gus has made it 6 seasons but is yet again on the red hot seat one year after being on a red hot seat and then being rewarded with a knee-jerk contract. The fact that Gus sold Kelly Bryant to the PTB as a reason to not fire him and it working tells me that the PTB are not seeing the big picture. 

16 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We still make knee jerk decisions though. Gus has made it 6 seasons but is yet again on the red hot seat one year after being on a red hot seat and then being rewarded with a knee-jerk contract. The fact that Gus sold Kelly Bryant to the PTB as a reason to not fire him and it working tells me that the PTB are not seeing the big picture. 

Please don’t tell us you think the reason he got to stay is because they thought he was getting Kelley Bryant. 

Just now, rophle said:

Please don’t tell us you think the reason he got to stay is because they thought he was getting Kelley Bryant. 

Hey. It’s the rumor that was confirmed as true by an insider today. Our PTB is so short sighted that it wouldn’t surprise me if it is true. 

Who cares if it was discussed . If that makes people feel better about it then sure it was discussed. But nothing came of it. So why do we keep having this same argument? He is still the head coach, he is very much in control and not a single thing changes in his contract. 

25 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Hey. It’s the rumor that was confirmed as true by an insider today. Our PTB is so short sighted that it wouldn’t surprise me if it is true. 

No offense, but I’m really skeptical of  rumors confirmed by insiders, they don’t have a whole lot of credibility lately. 

I do agree with the short sightedness of the PTB, though. 

So here we are. Auburn is stuck with Malzahn for another year or two. As for Malzahn, he still has his job plus a cool 49 million. In other words, he's as happy as a hog in slop.

11 hours ago, CodeRocket said:

I just hope everyone remembers that Leath is the culprit here, and I believe he should be held accountable if the aforementioned turn around does not happen.

I saw a fluffy Christmas message from the Leaths today on LinkedIn and was tempted to reply something disparaging towards the goon but for obvious reasons did not write a word.

On 12/21/2018 at 8:09 AM, ChltteTiger said:

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2018/12/how-gus-malzahn-saved-auburns-christmas.html

Joe Goodman says reports of Malzahn agreeing to a restructured contract that would 'make it easier to fire him' were bogus.

Many people on this site kept repeating that Marsall, Tate etc had excellent credibility and would never report this stuff was going on when it wasn't.

Well all you people who are obviously smarter than me please answer, were the fans being played for clicks or were they not?

JGT has zero sources, just a large ego and thin skin.  All he knows is what he overhears while stuffing his face with mediocre chicken wings.

On December 21, 2018 at 9:45 AM, aujeff11 said:

Confirmation bias 101

Read tbe NY times today. There are agendas being pushed through by illegitimate measures through social media to manipulate people to believe what they see is happening in real time. It’s up to the individual to see through it... I wanted to not believe Moon, but I did see some on here that usually don’t fall for nonsense knight for the guy. I don’t know where Moon got his info but it seems pretty clear the party that was conveying the message to Moon had an agenda. As for Marshall and Tate, well that was not their shining moments. Hope they lose subs for that. 

The New York Times is nothing but a glorified tabloid. Idiot Yankees who know zero about college football. 

Archived