Goodman says reports were fake

ChltteTiger

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

"We" love to think that the annoying bammer a couple cubes down represents the national opinion of Auburn. 

They wouldn't have even cared about Cam Newton if we hadn't eeked out those wins against MSU and Kentucky in 2010. 

Cam deal was Dan Mullens and Urban. Dan got but hurt that Cam choose AU over state. Even when state was willing to pay. Can't fault bama for this one. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This was never any huge headline breaking national news.

On yahoo, the article was titled

Tommy Tuberville: 'I don’t know anyone out there that wants to get into this mess' at Auburn

Just now, aujeff11 said:

On yahoo, the article was titled

Tommy Tuberville: 'I don’t know anyone out there that wants to get into this mess' at Auburn

OK? Two minutes of headlines that no one outside of Alabama gave two craps about. Was nowhere near a national story. Spin it anyway you want. 

Another good way to get rid of smoke is to pretend there wasn't any to begin with and to insult those with an above-average sense of smell. We all believe what we want to. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The deal was made to get Gus to walk. Gus pretty much said OK. AU caved and both sides sat down talked and here we are. 

If Coach Malzahn had said OK, the silly proposal would now be in place. Since it's gone out the window, Coach obviously did not say OK. Had he said OK, the talkin' would have all dried up at that point.

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Cam deal was Dan Mullens and Urban. Dan got but hurt that Cam choose AU over state. Even when state was willing to pay. Can't fault bama for this one. 

Yeah. What I'm saying is that we don't move the meter nationally unless we're in a title hunt. And I don't think people would have even made a big deal about Cam nationally if we weren't undefeated in November. I don't think it's any accident that story came out right before the uga game. 

Anyway. Like you said. Nobody more than a 100 miles outside state lines cares about Asa Martin or this contract situation. 

12 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

OK? Two minutes of headlines that no one outside of Alabama gave two craps about. Was nowhere near a national story. 

The Bob Stoops thing was a national story. Don’t fault me for pointing out an article at the national level when you were tbe one who said “never.” 

This won't be talked about one time this offseason anywhere nationally. Zero. Gus's hot seat will but none of this will. Not by anyone outside of AU. Hell even Finebaum didn't say much about this while this was going on. 

9 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

To who? This was never any huge headline breaking national news. This will be just like the Asa Martin deal in a couple of weeks. Forgotten by just about everyone. It's really just time to move on from this nonsense. Gus is here. He is in 100% control of the football team. He isn't be hampered by anyone. Not one person. 

And I have to add, he wasn't hampered by anyone this year - no one was holding him back or placing obstacles in his path. 

He's had his players, his coaches, he ran his team as he saw fit for the entire season - the buck stopped with him.  He will be given the same liberty from here on out.  He put Auburn in a position where he has to once again promise to "turn this thing around" because the excuse bag emptied out completely after the UCF bowl game.

This won't be talked about one time this offseason anywhere nationally. Zero. Gus's hot seat will but none of this will. Not by anyone outside of AU. Hell even Finebaum didn't say much about this while this was going on. 

Now that you’re time traveling. Check the stocks for me. I seek to retire twenty years prematurely.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

If Coach Malzahn had said OK, the silly proposal would now be in place. Since it's gone out the window, Coach obviously did not say OK. Had he said OK, the talkin' would have all dried up at that point.

Gus would have agreed to this if it were the only way to keep his job. Gus saying yes stopped this in it's track. This would have been national news and both sides would have looked like clowns if the new deal was signed. So the deal wasn't. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Now that you’re time traveling. Check the stocks for me. I seek to retire twenty years prematurely.

It won't be. No one outside of Lee County cares about this anymore. It's a non story. 

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

And I have to add, he wasn't hampered by anyone this year - no one was holding him back or placing obstacles in his path. 

He's had his players, his coaches, he ran his team as he saw fit for the entire season - the buck stopped with him.  He will be given the same liberty from here on out.  He put Auburn in a position where he has to once again promise to "turn this thing around" because the excuse bag emptied out completely after the UCF bowl game.

I agree here, but there's a difference between Gus being in control and still having to work with an OC he doesn't agree with*, and him being in control and being his own play caller. 

*So in a sense, Gus was hampered this year, but it was his doing.

1 minute ago, fortworthtiger said:

I agree here, but there's a difference between Gus being in control and still having to work with an OC he doesn't agree with*, and him being in control and being his own play caller. 

*Of course, that's also on Gus for getting AU into this situation to begin with.

Chip was Gus's guy. How that all went down is all on Gus. Gus hired Chip. No one at AU made Gus hire Chip. 

Chip was Gus's guy. How that all went down is all on Gus. Gus hired Chip. No one at AU made Gus hire Chip. 

Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing, but that's what I'm saying. Gus was hampered, but it was his fault.

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gus would have agreed to this if it were the only way to keep his job. Gus saying yes stopped this in it's track. This would have been national news and both sides would have looked like clowns if the new deal was signed. So the deal wasn't. 

Since the "deal" (proposal), which sounded like hogwash from the start is now dead I don't see the point in trying to justify what the rumor mongers were trying to sell.

However, the way you are looking at it, the PTB presented Coach Malzahn with a proposal, he accepted it and then they withdrew their proposal on their own volition and went back to paying him full salary and buyout. You do understand that this sounds just as silly as the original rumor?

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

@WarDamnEagleWDE, it has been said many times by many that actually know. Some refuse to listen. Save your breath.

Trust me I wish it would have been as easy to just fire Gus pay him and move on. It wasn't and he is still the coach. 

Trust me I wish it would have been as easy to just fire Gus pay him and move on. It wasn't and he is still the coach. 

The Leath factor was big in that.

Can we list the rumors and guess whether they were fact or not fact:

I’ll start:

Gus sold the PTB on Kelly Bryant and that helped him keep his job. 

Fact or fiction: if true, Gus really fudged up 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Since the "deal" (proposal), which sounded like hogwash from the start is now dead I don't see the point in trying to justify what the rumor mongers were trying to sell.

However, the way you are looking at it, the PTB presented Coach Malzahn with a proposal, he accepted it and then they withdrew their proposal on their own volition and went back to paying him full salary and buyout. You do understand that this sounds just as silly as the original rumor?

Do you understand how bad AU and Gus would have looked if Gus would have signed a deal to stay at AU for less money? 

You can believe what you want here. I really don't care. Don't even know why this is being hashed out again. This will be forgot in 2 months. 

This has been one hell of a s*** show since the spring. All of it. Both sides. Best for everyone just to move forward. 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Can we list the rumors and guess whether they were fact or not fact:

I’ll start:

Gus sold the PTB on Kelly Bryant and that helped him keep his job. 

Fact or fiction: if true, Gus really fudged up 😂😂😂

True

17 minutes ago, fortworthtiger said:

*So in a sense, Gus was hampered this year, but it was his doing.

All he had to do was put Lindsey on mute - tell him to back off and Gus take the reigns.  OR he could've done what Lincoln Riley at OU did mid-season, and cut him loose completely.  Gus did not have to work with Lindsey in any capacity, he chose to let Lindsey work with him.

If Gus was hampered, it was indeed his own doing.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The Leath factor was big in that.

Firing Gus would have sent several big AU people packing. Not just Leath. In the end he made the final decision. Time will tell if he made the right one. 

1 minute ago, keesler said:

All he had to do was put Lindsey on mute - tell him to back.  OR he could've done what Lincoln Riley at OU did mid-season, and cut him loose completely.  Gus did not have to work with Lindsey in any capacity, he chose to let Lindsey work with him.

If Gus was hampered, it was indeed his own doing.

I think this goes back to some thinking he is simply not mean enough. For example, maybe benching stidham a couple of times to get his attention. Just a thought. I do not know anything really.

Archived