Music City Score Prediction

Win4AU

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this one is VERY TOUGH to call!!!

Will the Purdue that beat Iowa and thumped OSU show up, or the one that lost to EMU and got thumped by Minnesota?

Will AU play inspired, or just going through the motions like we’ve done in some bowl games the last few years?

Purdue has a pretty good offense.  What kind of offense will AU have?

Our defense is usually pretty good. (overrated, but still pretty good).    What kind of defense does Purdue have?  I have no idea.....

Will this game have any bearing on what we should expect to see next year?

I can see this game going several different ways, with us winning about 6 out of 10 times.  

I will choose to be positive. 

AU 27

Boilermakers 23

I agree with your points, Preacherman. We have seemingly lost the ability to prepare for bowl games. I see this game as a likely win by the boilermakers. But since I am prohibited by my Auburn Fan Legal Agreement from picking the other team, I will say AU 21 - PU 20.

AU - 38

Purdue - 24

Gus wins big against an overmatched team, everyone starts the "the Gus bus is back!" talk yet again, and yet again we get abused in the SEC for another 5 or 6 loss season next year. Rinse, repeat. 

Truly NO way to predict this game.

I think that since Auburn is from "the big, bad SEC" then Purdue plays their best game....think tOSU game.

Auburn will have trouble answering but will make a game of it.

PU - 31

AU - 24

18 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Truly NO way to predict this game.

I think that since Auburn is from "the big, bad SEC" then Purdue plays their best game....think tOSU game.

Auburn will have trouble answering but will make a game of it.

PU - 31

AU - 24

The O's D gave up a lot pf points this year. Brohm took advantage of OS weaknesses plus Purdue captured the momentum. Don't know which Gus will show up the 28th but I think that this game for the Tigers will totally hinge on Gus's playcalling. Don't really know how prepared Gus will have the team either, but our D should be more than the boliermakers can handle if, and that's a big if, Gus can keep them on the sidelines for a decent amount of time. I believe that Steele will get the job done on D, but have my doubts about Gus with the O.  With that said...I'll just wait and see what the outcome will be. Hope it will be good for the Plainsmen.

3 hours ago, cctiger said:

The O's D gave up a lot pf points this year. Brohm took advantage of OS weaknesses plus Purdue captured the momentum. Don't know which Gus will show up the 28th but I think that this game for the Tigers will totally hinge on Gus's playcalling. Don't really know how prepared Gus will have the team either, but our D should be more than the boliermakers can handle if, and that's a big if, Gus can keep them on the sidelines for a decent amount of time. I believe that Steele will get the job done on D, but have my doubts about Gus with the O.  With that said...I'll just wait and see what the outcome will be. Hope it will be good for the Plainsmen.

If we can keep pressure on Blough, we'll be fine.  If Blough can consistently get his passes off, Purdue is going to score some TDs, so Gus had better have his Offensive fecal matter well aggregated. 

11 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

With Gus taking over the playcalling, it won't be close.

AU 42

PU 20

Like he wasn't calling plays this year. Same plays as always just no Oline or running QB. Last year Kerryon was a beast.

6 minutes ago, wde1968 said:

Like he wasn't calling plays this year. Same plays as always just no Oline or running QB. Last year Kerryon was a beast.

Playcalling has been a disastrous merger of offensive minds since Gus backed off in Lashlee's last season and these last two with Chip. That's a knock on Gus' meddling, not on CL or RL. I have a feeling we will see more jet-motion eye-candy with Gus calling the plays than we have over the last few years. That has been a staple for Gus' past success.  

If not, I won't be optimistic at all going forward, but I'll wait before I go that direction . We'll see...

3 minutes ago, wde1968 said:

I agree. Same plays as always, just a few more goofy razzle-dazzles. I predict Gus will do a lot of nose picking and runs up the middle and we lose 31-17.

Auburn 70

Purdue 14

If Army can do it, why not us? (lol!)

Archived