35 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Too much egg nog?

Another way to look at it...

Just the right amount of egg-nog 😁😁😁

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, DAG said:

Defense was the primary reason we beat Washington . What you are saying is innacurate 

Also the primary reason we lost to LSU, MSU and Tennessee. For the unit that was supposed to be the strength of the team, with all that experience and highly regarded players, they under-performed except for the Washington game.They certainly have the potential to keep Purdue's scoring down but I don't see why they'd suddenly start playing up to their potential.

I would say the offense won the Washington game.  If the Huskies hadn’t have committed some costly penalties, they would have scored more points. Had a touchdown taken away on an illegal pick play.  

21 hours ago, AU64 said:

Houston ha d quit before the game...key player sitting out the game and key coach left....not too big a surprise other than the margin.

Yep, same excuse Auburn used last year.  It’s amazing how 2 and 3 star players can embarrass 4 and 5 star players when the former players are well coached and enthusiastic to be playing.  I guess we all can accept this type of performance from now on.  It will be interesting to see what type of team shows up for Purdue.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Also the primary reason we lost to LSU, MSU and Tennessee. For the unit that was supposed to be the strength of the team, with all that experience and highly regarded players, they under-performed except for the Washington game.They certainly have the potential to keep Purdue's scoring down but I don't see why they'd suddenly start playing up to their potential.

Careful now....

A poster that goes by the name of Mikey will show up soon and accuse you of whining.

😉

I agree with @Mikey   

Our defense underperformed the majority of the season.  The UT game reminded me of the Fred Talley game from ‘02.  Some player no one has ever heard of has a Heisman worthy game, never to be heard from again.  Our defense got owned in that game!   MSU game too!  Nicky Fitz torched our D on the ground.  It was embarrassing!  

Our offense was much more disappointing, but don’t forget our D didn’t come anywhere close to living up to their hype either.  

49 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I agree with @Mikey   

Our defense underperformed the majority of the season.  The UT game reminded me of the Fred Talley game from ‘02.  Some player no one has ever heard of has a Heisman worthy game, never to be heard from again.  Our defense got owned in that game!   MSU game too!  Nicky Fitz torched our D on the ground.  It was embarrassing!  

Our offense was much more disappointing, but don’t forget our D didn’t come anywhere close to living up to their hype either.  

I think most people agrees with your last statement. 

AU's defense will have to step up, find their backbone and play hard vs Purdue.  If they take off plays, or refuse to fight back (i.e. MSU game) we're in trouble.  Hopefully the upperclassmen are jacked up and ready to knock heads for the O&B one last time.

3 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Stidham overthrows Slayton on two bombs. The third Slayton drops. 

Did you get a bootleg copy of Gus’ opening drive script?

On December 21, 2018 at 6:32 PM, AUsince72 said:

Truly NO way to predict this game.

I think that since Auburn is from "the big, bad SEC" then Purdue plays their best game....think tOSU game.

Auburn will have trouble answering but will make a game of it.

PU - 31

AU - 24

I tend to agree. The HUNH will not matter w a pedestrian QB like Stidham. I hope he doesn't play the entire game and Gus at least let's Willis, Gatewood and Sandburg get meaningful playing time with play calls that are not turn around hand offs. But, then again it is Malzahn the not as good college offensive mind as small highschools in Arky. He better go all out. I would respect that much more than just trying to win a mid-tier bowl game. We all basically know he has 19 to turn this around and at least appear as a prepared game time team and one that utilizes the talent that comes to AU! With that said, I am going out on a twig and saying:   

Auburn-  33

Purdue-   23

War Eagle

1 minute ago, Deemer 47 said:

The HUNH will not matter w a pedestrian QB like Stidham

Tbis is funny, AU family. He only looks pedestrian when he’s throwing screens and running for his life. He’s a real QB and we wasted him. Much like SW, we tried to coerce square pegs down round holes. 

9 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yep, same excuse Auburn used last year.  It’s amazing how 2 and 3 star players can embarrass 4 and 5 star players when the former players are well coached and enthusiastic to be playing.  I guess we all can accept this type of performance from now on.  It will be interesting to see what type of team shows up for Purdue.

There were no 4 or 5 star players on either team.....and Houston had given up 50 points on defense in several games but their offense had been somewhat effective.   Army took Oklahoma to overtime (against those 4 and 5* players you mention) and coulda/shoulda won that game which might be what you were thinking about.

Houston had no defense all season....BUT....should have been a better match.  You need to check around and see if you can find a better example to use when dissing  AU....What was it....bama vs Utah a few years ago?     something like that.... 

11 hours ago, DAG said:

Btw the super fan will be a honorary team captain which is really cool tbh!

That is super kewl.  Downside (for Auburn) is they are going to make that game all about him.  

I change my prediction 

Auburn 31- Purdue 30

25 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

That is super kewl.  Downside (for Auburn) is they are going to make that game all about him.  

Well tbe fan is terminal and we suck so it doesn’t really matter. A lot of professional public figures have reached out to him this week. 

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Well tbe fan is terminal and we suck so it doesn’t really matter. A lot of professional public figures have reached out to him this week. 

I don’t think Auburn sucks 😁.  I’m all for rolling the red carpet out for this kid.  I just know Purdue will come out even more motivated.  I liked watching that Ohio State game.  I’m not sure I want to see them do the same thing to Auburn.

14 hours ago, AU64 said:

There were no 4 or 5 star players on either team.....and Houston had given up 50 points on defense in several games but their offense had been somewhat effective.   Army took Oklahoma to overtime (against those 4 and 5* players you mention) and coulda/shoulda won that game which might be what you were thinking about.

Houston had no defense all season....BUT....should have been a better match.  You need to check around and see if you can find a better example to use when dissing  AU....What was it....bama vs Utah a few years ago?     something like that.... 

The first sentence should have read “same excuse Auburn Fans used last year”, as AU never offered an excuse for their lack of enthusiasm.  So, no dissing AU, just the “bowl games are not important” crowd for going into bowls as if they don’t matter with builtin excuses.  It’s alway nice to see two teams that are happy and enthused to be playing in a bowl.  I hope we see that in the Music City Bowl.  I know Purdue will be and according to Gus, we will be ready too.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

So, no dissing AU, just the “bowl games are not important” crowd for going into bowls as if they don’t matter with builtin excuses.  It’s alway nice to see two teams that are happy and enthused to be playing in a bowl.  I hope we see that in the Music City Bowl.  I know Purdue will be and according to Gus, we will be ready too.

I feel like this game is different than previous bowl games.  It may be due to this is a weird must win for Auburn.  A loss will send this team into an offseason of turmoil while a win will spark hope especially if the offense looks good.  Last year was a perfect storm of disappointment going into the bowl.  I don’t think the Bama game this year is still hanging over any of the players head like UGA last year. 

Archived