The Beginning of the End?

homersapien

I think so.  Trump is toast. It's hard for me to imagine another two years of this administration. 

I witnessed Nixon's demise.  This is something  far worse - corruption PLUS gross incompetence.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/shields-and-gerson-on-mattis-resignation-congressional-stalemate

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Beginning of the end aka Final Countdown......get it!!!

No offense (I enjoy your musical interludes), but my point is that this may really be the beginning of the end.  It's a serious proposition that merits a serious response, which  I thought was the purpose of this particular sub-forum.

Based on recent events, I think that Trump has fnally reached the point of no return regarding confidence.  If we have a military - or some other - crisis I don't think Trump has the necessary respect nationally or globally  - not to mention competence - to lead us through it. 

I doubt he makes it to 2020, much less run again.

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Beginning of the end aka Final Countdown......get it!!!

But that song is about aliens invading....oh ya know what....totally makes sense.

12 hours ago, homersapien said:

No offense (I enjoy your musical interludes), but my point is that this may really be the beginning of the end.  It's a serious proposition that merits a serious response, which  I thought was the purpose of this particular sub-forum.

Based on recent events, I think that Trump has fnally reached the point of no return regarding confidence.  If we have a military - or some other - crisis I don't think Trump has the necessary respect nationally or globally  - not to mention competence - to lead us through it. 

I doubt he makes it to 2020, much less run again.

It's all a question of how hard Senate Republicans are willing to go to the mat for him.  Some are very displeased about Matt is, but McConnell is exceptional at seeing the long game.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

But that song is about aliens invading....oh ya know what....totally makes sense.

Well actually their headed to Venus and may not come back...... close enough. 

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

It's all a question of how hard Senate Republicans are willing to go to the mat for him.  Some are very displeased about Matt is, but McConnell is exceptional at seeing the long game.

McConnell may be underestimating the American people.

I see a real risk for the GOP in clinging to Trump.  If one gives credence to the pendulum effect in politics, the reaction to him - and the Republicans - will likely usher in a period of Democratic domination in national politics.  Considering how the election fell out in 2016, it's hard for me to see how Trump could possibly win re-election.  Impeachment or not, the next two years is going to be a train of revelations.

And now that Trump has run off pretty much everyone willing to stand up to him, I figure the next two years will be even more chaotic than the last two.  If that's what it takes then bring it on.

One thing for sure, he's going to leave a mess for the next president to clean up.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

...may be underestimating the American people.

That hasn't happened in about 2 years

Democrats act like they are insulated from the very same thing Trump is accused of (and I believe guilty of). The systemic corruption that has pulsed through the viens of American politics over the last half century plus is hard to take sometimes. 

I’m ready for Pence to finish this one out. 

8 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Democrats act like they are insulated from the very same thing Trump is accused of (and I believe guilty of). The systemic corruption that has pulsed through the viens of American politics over the last half century plus is hard to take sometimes. 

I’m ready for Pence to finish this one out. 

This is how you take some of the sting out of having to put up with trump. 

Just another example of the ongoing disfunction:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/12/23/treasury-secretary-makes-unusual-pre-christmas-call-top-bank-ceos-amid-market-mayhem/?utm_term=.2d88258c1749

Treasury secretary startles Wall Street with unusual pre-Christmas calls to top bank CEOs

10 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well actually their headed to Venus and may not come back...... close enough. 

Should have been Uranus. 

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yes, I don't get your point.  Please explain. Thanks.

If you don't understand it, then nevermind.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/12/whats-behind-steve-mnuchins-press-release/578968/

What Was Steve Mnuchin Thinking? Three Possibilities

Archived