Men vs. Murray State

WarTiger

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

At least 3 we’ve failed to defend.

I don’t like the double team 40’ from the basket. Morant is too good off the dribble to handle that way. 

Gotta hit our free throws. We’ve had more attempts but less makes than they have. 3-10 just is not acceptable. And when they’ve been engaged, the rebounds have been ours. Gotta play in it to win it. Keep feeding Wiley and play inside out. 

Also not sure when the best time will be to get danjel in the game, that line up with him in was just plain bad and the communication looked even worse. Somethings gotta give there

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Finally watching, just peeping the stats now. It’s crazy how bad a FT team we are 

And we had improved so much

1 minute ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Gotta hit our free throws. We’ve had more attempts but less makes than they have. 3-10 just is not acceptable. And when they’ve been engaged, the rebounds have been ours. Gotta play in it to win it. Keep feeding Wiley and play inside out. 

Also not sure when the best time will be to get danjel in the game, that line up with him in was just plain bad and the communication looked even worse. Somethings gotta give there

Yeah, Danjel is more than rusty. Not sure what’s off with him, but he’s got to be more productive if he’s going to take minutes from anyone. 

My thoughts about Purifoy.   I have not seen  much effort to rebound or defend.  I know he is rusty, but that was his problem as a freshman.  And without a clear idea offensively what we want to do he is a liability right now.

The positives: Wiley is coming into form. I like Okeke inside more than shooting 3s. Spencer plays with a lot of energy. 

The negatives: 30% FT shooting, still too many 3s, it looks like we are pressing at times, Dunbar is not playing well,  purifoy looks completely lost. 

The lobs are not a huge deal because each time, we’ve pulled a defender to come double team and they’ve just found the open man. As long as we stop that, I think we’ll be okay. I think the best approach is to put Bryce on Morant and play man to man. He’s to good of a passer and finisher to run a 2-3 zone on the guy. 

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

The lobs are not a huge deal because each time, we’ve pulled a defender to come double team and they’ve just found the open man. As long as we stop that, I think we’ll be okay. I think the best approach is to put Bryce on Morant and play man to man. He’s to good of a passer and finisher to run a 2-3 zone on the guy. 

The reasons in your post is why you don't play man on him. He's too good of a passerand finisher

I have been surprised at the lack of discipline from the guys this year.  You expect more steady play from this team with Pearl coaching?

Just now, cole256 said:

The reasons in your post is why you don't play man on him. He's too good of a passerand finisher

You pass to beat a 2-3 and if he drives and we collapse with the zone, he finds a wide open guy on the wing. If he drives from the corner and we collapse he finds a cutter low or finds the other corner. I’ve always been much more inclined to run something like a box and one when you’ve got one guy who is beating you. 

Archived