***Music City Bowl — Game Thread***

abw0004

These are not the most impressive refs. He was about a half yard short of the first down in the play before the QB scramble. 

Edit: also missing a lot of holding, I guess on the theory that we play bama every year and are used to not getting those calls.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Auctoritas said:

These are not the most impressive refs. He was about a half yard short of the first down in the play before the QB scramble. 

yep... but they know the score too...

What is happening this game? Are we actually playing to our potential now that it’s the final game of the season? 

Just now, WarTiger said:

Auburn going to take a knee and take it to the half.   56-7 TIGERS!!!!   what a half.

The best half of football in the history of the Auburn Football program. 

Just now, tbone1430 said:

What is happening this game? Are we actually playing to our potential now that it’s the final game of the season? 

1. Gus’ job has been under scrutiny 

2. It’s against a subpar team

3. Gus has not shown he can coach like this for a full season 

8 minutes ago, AubWes33 said:

Probably in the minority bit I have no problem with Jarett still playing and would have no problem with it if he plays in the second half. It's his last college football game. Let him enjoy it 

This. For all the seniors. Seniors and Freshmen only.

11 minutes ago, AubWes33 said:

Probably in the minority bit I have no problem with Jarett still playing and would have no problem with it if he plays in the second half. It's his last college football game. Let him enjoy it 

Just opens a door for him to get hurt

So, as an interesting nugget - this was the most points scored in a half of any bowl game in history. The previous record was 49 in the 2012 Orange Bowl when WVU ended up beating Clemson 70-33.

The D coordinator for Clemson that game: Kevin Steele, and it cost him his job.

So, Kevin Steele has now been a part of that bowl record twice, once on each side. 

That is a great future trivia question. 

This is 1st game since early in the season that all our defensive players have been fully healthy. That and no running game is the story of our regular season. What would it be like if our Juniors on Defense decides to return. I know it is crazy to wish for but the players at Clemson did it this year. I guess a fan can dream a little.

Archived